Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: Tripping with a questionable friend: advice requested. *DELETED* [Re: tryptamine_skies]
    #1293894 - 02/09/03 02:46 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletryptamine_skies
For MentalExtensions

Loc: Hicksville
Re: Tripping with a questionable friend: advice requested. [Re: poke smot!]
    #1293910 - 02/09/03 02:55 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I bet it's twisted and false. I don't think LSD is an amazingly powerful godsent. But I also know that I have never tried LSD 

When you get your first good dose, you will.  :grin:

Quote:

I've had friends that overcompensate to be accepted. The kind of friend thats like "OH IVE USED LSD BEFORE" and I'm like, you?... Uhh, I can't see that. I think it might be something about ego and fitting in, that shit. Maybe he doesn't want to sound like the newbie, learner, first-timer.

I know exactly what you mean, man. I've met alot of people exactly like this. It would be embarrassing to them to admit they've never done it. Oh well, what can ya do.. That could certainly be the case with this person though.

--------------------
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious ; it is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science.

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: Tripping with a questionable friend: advice requested. *DELETED* [Re: tryptamine_skies]
    #1294399 - 02/09/03 05:42 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

OfflineSeeka
Psychotrooper
Loc: Western Hemisphere
    #1294753 - 02/09/03 08:35 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Mmm.. Debate, this is why I posted here instead of internalizing the problem and dealing with it myself.

Honestly, after thinking about it for a while, I think he's bullshitting me about having tripped acid. I think I recognize the pattern he's using to decieve me, probably because I've used it before myself. You can't kid a kidder, eh?

That said, he does like to "Get fucked up" off of alchohol. And he doesn't like me reminding him AT ALL of his limits. I tried to tell him not to pass out once because it was bad for him, and he tells me that passing out is okay and all this bullshit. If you've drank so much you're passing out, it's too much, IMO. Everything in moderation.

I'm fairly good at recognizing abuse/dependence in persons, and I don't think he's actually an alchoholic, he just drinks way too much when he does. On the other hand, I know this 16 year old chick who likes to drink liquor straight from the bottle in order to get fucked up... Me, I actually enjoy drinking beer and the like. It's not like I'm running away from my problems when I get intoxicated, I'm just having fun.

Quote:

A few years ago I was prescribed to Paxil, and it was absolutely horrible.. When I took it, I felt nothing but restlessness, anxiety, and depression. There were times when I'd take that drug and feel as though I needed to kill myself to end the feelings induced by it.

I never got to taking it enough to experience withdrawl symptoms, as I seriously despised it from the very beginning.

Starting out with Paxil has a pretty steep nausea curve and it makes you feel shitty, but after being on it a while I found it did improve my life -- just not enough to warrant taking a pill every day. And I started feeling like it was an artificial happiness so I just went off it and decided to deal with the problems instead of medicating them. (Note that I'm not saying medication is a way out or anything, just that it didn't work for me)

Quote:

So maybe your friend's got some disorder. Just as long as he's not treating shrooms as another way of getting fucked up, I think it's ok. It might make him a better person, tighten your friendship, make him improve. Or it could be a result you don't want. At least it's not like he's committed to taking shrooms after one trip.

The main problem I see is that he doesn't realize the potential. He might start freaking out, thinking something's gone wrong because he hasn't ever experienced a "bad trip" -- hell, I know the first time I got a bad trip, it was horrible, and I didn't have a sitter like a dumbass. Didn't know the capabilities of the drug so I didn't know if I was gonna die or not.

Quote:

From how Seeka is talking about his friend, it seems as though he does have that kind of "getting fucked up" mentality, but maybe I'm wrong. If he is so experienced with psychedelics like he claims, then he should have no problem being alone, and truly using these substances to improve himself as a person

Well, just to clarify, he doesn't claim to have all that much experience with psychedelics, but he refuses to discuss his history in detail.. Which should be a bright red warning sign that he's bullshitting me about tripping them, ever. He just thinks he has enough friends who have tripped it to "form an educated opinion" -- He'd be wrong.

Quote:

Right now I don't think Seeka should risk it just yet. I've had experiences where I've been tripping, and people I thought were good friends were around, and still I felt such a distance, and disconnection from them. Things like that happen, and you just have to be careful who, if anyone, is around. Psychedelics can isolate you in such an astounding way.

Yeah, good point, I might do low-dose with him, but not right after my shrooms come out like I had originally planned. I'll dose with my other friend who I've tripped with before and who I know is fun to be around while tripping.

Quote:

I'm not trying to belittle your opinion or anything, but I don't think he's trying to say his friend isn't good enough to trip at all. I think Seeka is just concerned about the impact this person will have on his experience, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Seeka is not exactly in the position to be a 'teacher' as stated before he has very little experience with psychedelics, but it seems to me like he has a healthy ambition to learn. If things got rough, who would be there?

^^ What he said.

Quote:

EDIT: oh and if your really worried about it, give him some shrooms to trip on his own (if you have enough that is) that way, he'll see the power they pocess, and you will be far away.

Well, he IS my friend, and I wouldn't want him tripping alone, especially with his non-existant word-of-mouth history and all that. If he went and did something stupid on a trip, I'd feel responsible for giving him the booms in the first place.

Quote:

I bet it's twisted and false. I don't think LSD is an amazingly powerful godsent. But I also know that I have never tried LSD, so therefore my opinion about LSD is of no value to 99% of humanity. Maybe that's your friend's case, in a way.

Not to say your advice isn't worth anything, but as far as I'm concerned, you can't really say anything about LSD until you've tried it. I had all sorts of misconceptions before I just went ahead and tried it and was _very_ pleasantly suprised. My god, I still remember that night..

LOL, we were walking by this guy's house and I looked to my left and saw a big white horse.. I was like "WHOA" because I thought I had suddenly taken a journey to Narnia. I was like "Dude, do you see a horse right there?" and my friend did. Turns out there actually WAS a white horse there. Haha, you never know what's real and what's not on psychedelics =D

Quote:

I've had friends that overcompensate to be accepted. The kind of friend thats like "OH IVE USED LSD BEFORE" and I'm like, you?... Uhh, I can't see that. I think it might be something about ego and fitting in, that shit. Maybe he doesn't want to sound like the newbie, learner, first-timer.

At first thought I wouldn't have considered this, because I know myself I wouldn't even think of saying that kinda shit, but the more I think about it, the more I think this is the case.

Quote:

Well, you just have to explain it to them from your down-to-earth view. If they act like they are all experienced and shit, and they don't know the least about what trippin is, then you could get your ass in trouble.

If they flip out trying to resist the trip or some stupid shit like that, it's you [most likely] that gave them the shroomies. So you gotta tell them that you need an honest answer in your own best interest.

Simulated conversation:

HIM: "Give me an extra 2g"
ME: "Uh, dude, no way"
HIM: "Stfu I know what I'm talking about"
ME: "..."

Edited by Seeka (02/09/03 08:37 PM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Tripping with a questionable friend: advice requested. [Re: Seeka]
    #1295557 - 02/10/03 05:19 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

if he asks you for another 2 gs, ask him for another $10 or something, ya know, and also tell him "wow an extra two grams should have you glued to the floor for a while man.. u sure you want 5gs? you'd better take this Shpongle CD then :wink:"

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineSeeka
Psychotrooper
Re: Tripping with a questionable friend: advice requested. [Re: Strumpling]
    #1295566 - 02/10/03 05:23 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

if he asks you for another 2 gs, ask him for another $10 or something, ya know, and also tell him "wow an extra two grams should have you glued to the floor for a while man.. u sure you want 5gs? you'd better take this Shpongle CD then :wink:

$10? Shit, twice that around here :smile:
I doubt he'd really ask me for an extra 2gs, but he's dumb like that so I dunno :smile:

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1295599 - 02/10/03 05:33 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

.. OR SOMETHING :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

For MentalExtensions

#1295631 - 02/10/03 05:42 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

you'd better take this Shpongle CD then "

Doesn't anybody listen to Pink Floyd anymore?  :tongue:

--------------------
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious ; it is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science.

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: Tripping with a questionable friend: advice requested. *DELETED* [Re: Seeka]
    #1295677 - 02/10/03 05:58 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

OfflineSeeka
Psychotrooper
    #1296160 - 02/10/03 09:09 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Hehe, I've got a Shpongle CD on it's way to me right now (Are you Shpongled?)

And yeah, I know it's not my fault, but I think if I ever do trip with him, I'll make chocolates or whatever and only bring enough for 2 doses, lol.

OfflineTheta
TranscendentalExplorer

#1296436 - 02/10/03 10:36 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

If you have to ask if you should, you probably shouldn't.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Tripping with a questionable friend: advice requested. [Re: tryptamine_skies]
    #1296614 - 02/10/03 11:54 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I'm sorry but Shpongle is way more layered and crisp than Pink Floyd, which is exactly what I look for in trip-music - layers and high production-quality. don't get me wrong, though - I've spent several trips glued to the floor listening to Floyd :smile:

--------------------

Edited by Strumpling (02/10/03 11:55 AM)

For MentalExtensions

#1296653 - 02/10/03 12:02 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I'm sorry but Shpongle is way more layered and crisp than Pink Floyd, which is exactly what I look for in trip-music - layers and high production-quality. don't get me wrong, though - I've spent several trips glued to the floor listening to Floyd   

Well, I'm not going to say anything about Shpongle, I haven't heard them yet, and have never heard  of them until I started coming here. But Floyd definately has 'layers and high production-quality'.. Maybe I am just taking it to heart, as I'm kind of a Floyd freak. I've got everything they ever did, and Syd, David, and Roger are three people I really admire. I don't really know what I'm rambling about.. nevermind.  :tongue:

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Tripping with a questionable friend: advice requested. [Re: tryptamine_skies]
    #1296752 - 02/10/03 12:33 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

you're rambling about floyd, one of Simon (Shpongle) Posford's biggest influences :smile:

Floyd deserves lots of rambling :wink: its ok man :smile:

as it turns out, Alan Parsons (he produced dark side..) just got together with Posford here in Los Angeles and they whipped up something... I can't wait to hear what those two minds churned out.

So uhh..... howbout those questionable friends, eh?  :tongue:

--------------------

Edited by Strumpling (02/10/03 12:35 PM)

For MentalExtensions

#1296761 - 02/10/03 12:35 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Haha, great.  :smile:

What kind of stuff does Shpongle play? Is there anyone you can really compare them to or are they a unique type of group? I'm going to have to check out some of their stuff, any recommendations?

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1296792 - 02/10/03 12:43 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

QUITE Unique - you'll have a PM in a bit

--------------------

Edited by Strumpling (02/10/03 12:43 PM)

For MentalExtensions

#1296813 - 02/10/03 12:49 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Awesome.  :wink:

--------------------

OfflineSeeka
Psychotrooper
    #1296865 - 02/10/03 01:08 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I met up with another one of my friends today and we've decided to trip in March sometime, and I'm pretty much telling him how it's gonna happen since I'm the one with the ideas. The idea is to trip in the forest, surrounded by tiki torches, listening to Shpongle (I ordered their first CD), and smoke bud while just all around having a great time.

Re Shpongle, A friend of mine introduced me to them before I read about them here... Some of their songs are just great for listening to while your mind is going in millions of different directions. I'm getting the first CD in a little while, and the second CD I'll probably download and burn, and then buy it later if I like it.. :wink:

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
    #1300029 - 02/11/03 11:58 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I bet it's twisted and false. I don't think LSD is an amazingly powerful godsent. But I also know that I have never tried LSD, so therefore my opinion about LSD is of no value to 99% of humanity. Maybe that's your friend's case, in a way.

But then that could be utter bullshit. Just what I think on a whim.

No, your right, I know a TON of people who feed me bull shit like that.

this one guy was all "Yeah I trippied on shrooms, and all these squirrles were running past me 100s of them, and I could feel them brushing up againts my legs, and I tried to step on them, and it really felt like I was stepping on them!" and I was just all "yeah buddy.... *coughposercough*"

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

Offlineshoe
In Death'sEmbrace
Loc: Australia
Re: Tripping with a questionable friend: advice requested. [Re: Sombie]
    #1412349 - 03/26/03 05:51 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

My advice is to give him a small dose. Then he can see what the real effects are (he obviously hasn't done them before). This will hopefully change his mindset somewhat..

--------------------
The above writings are fictional. It is being used to collect information to write a book about someone growing mushrooms.

And remember I will always love you,
As I claw your fucking throat away.
It can end no other way.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale