Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Poor Nutritional Habits
    #6028424 - 09/04/06 02:39 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

We have a body. We are not our body, but we do operate it.

We eat because we must fuel the body. The body is a vehicle and without a supply of energy, the machine will not operate. This is the basic need of biology. Food comes first, then sex.

In western human society, especially, food has become a consumer product. Taste is valued more than nutrition, calories are counted instead of meals per day.

The USA is known to have one of the highest obesity rates on the entire planet. My reasoning as to why?

“Modern human beings have lost touch with their own bodies.”

Let’s start from the source. Where does food originate from?
Not from the factory, this is where it is processed and shipped out to every supermarket aisle in the country. Food comes from the Earth. It grows out of the soil, from the trees, bushes, and water. Fruits, berries, roots, and vegetables are created by the heaven and the earth, sunlight and soil. These are the most basic gifts that allow life to flourish on this planet. Thanks to plants, we can also eat animals. Both sources are the food of the earth, they are organic in its purest form.

In today’s consumer world, truly organic food is rare. Basically anything you find at your local grocery store has been processed or treated by industrialized hands. Meat is pre-cut and wrapped in plastic. Fruits and vegetables are given hormones to increase their size. Everything is mass-produced, so that food products can be shelved everywhere from state to state.

This is not the point I am trying to make. It’s blatantly obvious that food in America is made on such a scale. The problem is awareness.

I have the impression that people living in cities and suburbia do not even think about what they are going to eat today when they wake up. There is no plan, no direction, no diet. If you’re hungry you run the fridge. You see something that looks good, you eat it. It’s not the head making the choice, it’s the eyes.

Just try driving down the street without noticing chains of Mc Burger Kings, donut shops, pizza places, etc. Try spotting an drive-through for fruit baskets and raw vegetables. Good Luck.

This could all just be my own subjective opinion, but then how does one explain the reason for our obesity epidemic?

Blame the corporations? Blame the state? Maybe to some extent.
But when it comes down to it, the people are the ones to blame. We must blame ourselves. We are the ones eating. We are the ones making the choices. We are the ones accepting the corporations and the state. We are the ones getting fat.

Discuss.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
Re: Poor Nutritional Habits [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #6028447 - 09/04/06 02:50 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

What do you eat?

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Re: Poor Nutritional Habits [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #6028486 - 09/04/06 03:04 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

All that is provided to me.

--------------------

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
    #6028560 - 09/04/06 03:26 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Do you eat 100% home grown organic food 100% of the time?

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6028702 - 09/04/06 03:58 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

you make some points, but vehemently disagree with us not being our bodies. I am defined by my body and there's no reason that everything about me can't be explained physically.

that aside, americans are fat because they're sedentary. Eating just junk food has long-term health problems, all short term weight-related problems could be fixed with exercise. This could be caused by not being in touch with the reality of what we are, however..

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: Poor Nutritional Habits [Re: vampirism]
    #6029073 - 09/04/06 06:02 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

we don't very well, yet our life expectancy is higher than any generation...ever.

granted a ton of that has to do with medicinal "things" but still...

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Re: Poor Nutritional Habits [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #6029591 - 09/04/06 08:41 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Penguarky Tunguin said:
Do you eat 100% home grown organic food 100% of the time?

My grandfather used to grow most of his food out in his yard, everytime i'd visit, there was always freshly grown food on the platter.

Today however, no.

It's just that lately i've been very aware of what i put into my own body. The phrase "We are what we eat" holds very true when we observe the dynamics of our physical body. So now when i look outside, i ask myself, are we still in touch with our own health and well-being? Are our minds in sync with the operations of our bodies? The choices we make, are they based on a direct evaluation of our bodies' needs, or is hunger to us just something to be masked and "taken care of"?

It's these questions that i ask. Honest answers shall raise this awareness and maybe even our gratitude for the food on our plate. :heart:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates