Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Rye tek with Pint jars?
    #600154 -

Will the rye tek work with 1 pint jars? or do I need quart jars?


--------------------



http://www.myspace.com/4th25


"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rye tek with Pint jars? [Re: downforpot]
    #600737 -

Of course it will work!! Since nobody else has answered yet I figured I'd chime in. I've been using wide mouth Pint jars for Rye grain spawn for a while now, Just cut whatever tek you're using for Quart jars in half. I have had great luck with 1/2 cup rye berries and 100 ml water. Anything between 90-110ml has worked though, and I seem to get contamination sometimes if I only sterilize for an hour. I've had better luck recently with 1 hour and 15 minutes from 1 p.s.i., but I am still a beginner with only around 50 rye grain jars under my belt total. Just wanted to also say that I have also had success with half pints tall and skinnys for rye, though I know it's pretty pointless. Just wanted to see, I ended up doing a small casing with it and it put out around 10 grams dry in the first flush, but looked so terrible that I just tossed it before trying for a second. Hope this helps!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rye tek with Pint jars? [Re: downforpot]
    #601297 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rye tek with Pint jars? [Re: Anno]
    #601911 -

Are there any alternatives to rye as i can not find it any where.
Idid order some from the net but company e-mailed me that the cost of postage is greater than that of the grain. So i cancled my order.


--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rye tek with Pint jars? [Re: EvilGir]
    #601915 -

Wheat works damn well, same or better results than rye.... in my experience though.

Peace,
MAIA


--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala



Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rye tek with Pint jars? [Re: MAIA]
    #602146 -

cant believe noone mentioned millet... just make sure you get the kind with hulls like finch food.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rye tek with Pint jars? [Re: LSD_4me]
    #602147 -

anyone try quinoi berries? i heard the quinoi flour is better than rye, or brown rice flour. wondering if the berries(grain?) would be better too


--------------------
ISO: Orissa, Malabar, z strain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rye tek with Pint jars? [Re: ChromeCrow]
    #602209 -

Generaly, rye, wheat, any grain, millet, bird/seed will all work.

The Racoon's no measure method:

To cut down on contam's, presoak a few hours or let soak overnight, then bring to a light boil, simmer a few minutes (kills endospores in grains or seeds). Don't cook it or you get mush. Rinse well to get rid of gunk, drain in collender for at least 20 - 30 minutes. Then fill jars 5/8 to 3/4 full, no matter what size. PC @ 15 lbs - 60 minutes. You will get differing results, dependent on what grain or seed, innoc strain used, temp storage of jars & with or without a jar filter. Grain spawn to jar w/filter is best, Innoc with myc water 2nd best, spores 3rd, IMHO.

SixTango -- out


--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rye tek with Pint jars? [Re: SixTango]
    #602288 -

true spores is the 3rd choice but they work just fine.... anyone would prefer spawning or liquid mycellium... but spores take off in about 4 to 5 days usually on rye or millet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* rye for pint jars? downforpot 1,342 8 06/14/02 01:24 PM
by DinoMyc
* help with rye tek rajisus228 1,606 5 01/17/02 05:52 PM
by sponzere
* How much grain 1/2 pint jar? REDCONTROL 900 2 12/29/02 05:08 AM
by REDCONTROL
* half pint jars with polyfil lids MycoGlowFlow 1,584 9 04/15/03 04:10 AM
by Amanita_Dreamer
* Pint Jars Instead? YellowSubmarine 1,554 9 09/18/03 07:37 PM
by automan
* a rye tek question and a sclerotia question yogithehoneybear 2,186 1 01/23/02 01:57 AM
by Elektrolurch
* Fruiting pans or mexicans directly from pint jars. BlueJay 892 1 07/09/02 11:18 AM
by Champion des Champignons
* How Many 1 Pint Jars?? (Bulk Question) OregonNick 913 2 11/21/02 03:23 AM
by dets

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: RogerRabbit, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta
3,779 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.