Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
A suggestion
    #592174 - 03/28/02 08:43 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

It might help to prevent people from posting in the wrong forum or asking often repeated questions if, when viewing the list of forums, and then selecting one, if for example when Cultivation is selected:

The first screen to appear has three choices.

1. Read FAQ before posting! Many questions can be answered here.

2. Search before posting.

3. Proceed to Cultivation. Any non-cultivation questions should be posted in the proper forum or they will be removed.

With a "Continue" button next to each choice, perhaps then people will exercise a little initative and make this a better place for all. This should be done for all forums. Perhaps if a system like this can be set up so the forum list cannot be bypassed it will be best.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Canada
Re: A suggestion [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #595148 - 04/01/02 04:14 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Well this has been discussed before, so far I don't like the idea since most people just click to proceed anyways without giving it thought. We also don't want to punish others who would have to click all those times just to get into the forum.

Newbies are a part of any message board, it seems a rule that as long as these boards exist, newbies will be around and people who've been around will bitch about them :smile:

OfflineKaren
Pooh-Bah
Female

Re: A suggestion [Re: Thor]
    #595633 - 04/01/02 04:47 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I think it would make more sense to have a mandatory Faq's click through when you register to post on the board or else it won't let you sign up. Sure lots of people won't read it but some will. That percentage that does will post a few less posts then they would have before.

Karen

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: A suggestion [Re: Thor]
    #597459 - 04/03/02 11:03 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

You could always tie it to the number of posts. A new users gets the screen until you have posted 50 times or some such. Though you are correct, nobody is going to read it anyway.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback