Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
A Suggestion for Trip Reports (A good one, at that, I think, at least.)
    #4399308 - 07/13/05 12:34 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I was thinking about the whole MySpace craze the other day...I'm not a big fan of MySpace at all but it got me thinking about the Shroomery and individual users.  I'm not about to suggest that the Shroomery give each user webspace to make their own personal little web portal, but rather, a user space that would befit the ideas behind the Shroomery, namely a place to store your trip reports.

How about if, when clicking on someone's name to view their profile, along with the links bundled at the bottom there was a link to that user's trip reports. The link could be labelled..."View This User's Trip Reports."  Every user would have a section of their My Home where they could access their Trip Reports page and enter the report.  Taking a note from Erowid, we could include drop down menus that would allow the user to select what chemical(s) they ingested, the dosages, etc. and it would give each user that enjoys writing trip reports (I know many like myself who do) a place to display them to anyone who is interested in reading them.

Maybe I'm just trying to free up some space in my sig :wink: but personally I'm smitten with this idea and would like to hear what other Shroomerites and the mods/admins feel about it.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: A Suggestion for Trip Reports (A good one, at that, I think, at least.) [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4399387 - 07/13/05 01:06 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Frankly, I think that's a fantastic idea. And I'm not just saying that. It strikes me as a great idea that could give users a sense of more personalized attention and strengthen the community. I for one would love to see this idea employed.

:thumbup::thumbup:

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleTrav
Stranger

Re: A Suggestion for Trip Reports (A good one, at that, I think, at least.) [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4399397 - 07/13/05 01:08 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Great idea, I second the :thumbup: :thumbup:

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Canada
    #4399422 - 07/13/05 01:19 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I think this would definately be a good idea, I would like to hear some further feedback on it.

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
Re: A Suggestion for Trip Reports (A good one, at that, I think, at least.) [Re: Thor]
    #4399448 - 07/13/05 01:29 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup:
soundz nice

--------------------
lucidal expansion

Male

Re: A Suggestion for Trip Reports (A good one, at that, I think, at least.) [Re: Thor]
    #4399449 - 07/13/05 01:29 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

:cool: :thumbup:  There are so many people in the Pub who I love talking to, and I know they've written trip reports, but I never have the intiative to go searching for trip reports that they've written and not everyone has them in their sigs.  So this would really let people get into the heads of other users by seeing their write-ups of what are some of the most intimate and intense moments in life...trips. :smirk:  But you don't need anymore feedback from me I guess! :lol:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
    #4399461 - 07/13/05 01:34 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I think it is a great idea. I havn't ever wrote one not from being lazy, its because most my trips are very spiritual/personal (I guess). Maybe one day Ill write one up..

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Male

Re: A Suggestion for Trip Reports (A good one, at that, I think, at least.) [Re: Stonerguy]
    #4399478 - 07/13/05 01:40 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

When you write them out, your brain almost forces itself to view the trip as a narrative, with themes and turning points, and you end up walking away from the write-up withb a deeper sense of what it was you explored and discovered! In my experience, at least.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
    #4399487 - 07/13/05 01:42 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I think its a great idea as well....

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #4399534 - 07/13/05 01:56 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I like it, but I don't think it should be exclusive to trip reports. I know I'd almost definitely like to use it for random little things I'd write, but I might not end up putting any trip reports in. So yes, but under a different name.

"Writings", "Writing Gallery"...? I dunno.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: A Suggestion for Trip Reports (A good one, at that, I think, at least.) [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4399541 - 07/13/05 01:57 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup:

Male

Re: A Suggestion for Trip Reports (A good one, at that, I think, at least.) [Re: Phluck]
    #4399550 - 07/13/05 01:59 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Well I guess that was sort of my point though, that I don't know if we want it to turn into like the blogger.com subpage of shroomery.org. I have a blog, though I haven't updated it in a while over at Ones and Zeroes and I dunno, I mean if the admins were cool with blog space on the server that would be quite cool I suppose! I made the suggestion trip report specific just to keep it in tune with the site in a larger scope.

Random writings...that seems like more something that belongs in a post in either OTD or the Pub.

With trip reportws accessible via user profiles, you can also have noobs checking out people's trip reports to get a feel for what tripping is like, without having to dig through Trip Tips.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

Loc: Texas
    #4399683 - 07/13/05 02:28 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

This is a great Idea ... I have thought of something like this before but never could put all my thoughts together  to make sucha a suggestion. GOOD ONE :smile: :handth:

--------------------
:smile: I live for LNC :smile:

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: A Suggestion for Trip Reports (A good one, at that, I think, at least.) [Re: Phluck]
    #4399697 - 07/13/05 02:31 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
I like it, but I don't think it should be exclusive to trip reports. I know I'd almost definitely like to use it for random little things I'd write, but I might not end up putting any trip reports in. So yes, but under a different name.

"Writings", "Writing Gallery"...? I dunno.

yeah, something blog-like (bloggy? blogesque?)...
not everyone here trips regularly.

Male

Re: A Suggestion for Trip Reports (A good one, at that, I think, at least.) [Re: Vvellum]
    #4399708 - 07/13/05 02:33 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Like I said though, it seems to me the types of things that would fit into a "blog-esque" part of a user's profile....those are the types of things that people would just post in the Pub anyway.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4400176 - 07/13/05 04:59 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

There has been talk of a Trip Reports sub-forum for a long time.

I am trying to get an update on its status.

Your idea is great Robot!

:smile:

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
 User Gallery
    #4400181 - 07/13/05 05:01 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I think this is an awesome idea! :smile:

I don't like the whole blog idea because as Robot pointed out 'The Pub' and 'OTD' are both like one big blog anyway. Also if users want to point others to their blog there are many places such as MySpace they can link to in their signature. A user Trip Report add-on to the profile goes right along with the whole scheme of The Shroomery.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Male

Re: A Suggestion for Trip Reports (A good one, at that, I think, at least.) [Re: Rose]
    #4400194 - 07/13/05 05:04 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

The Trip Reports sub-forum totally makes sense and in effect could be linked to the user profile Trip Report depot. The Trip Reports page via the user profile could just be a directory of posts the user has made that contain their trip reports. The user would just have to enter the URL and the link would be made...and if it was in the Trip Reports sub-forum, it would just point to that.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4400239 - 07/13/05 05:15 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

If only you could write code...

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Male

Re: A Suggestion for Trip Reports (A good one, at that, I think, at least.) [Re: Rose]
    #4400248 - 07/13/05 05:16 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I know, I was just thinking that. I've wanted to lend a bigger hand to the Shroomery some way lately and I wish I could spearhead a project like this! I'm sure we have some talented code writers willing to take it on...though I'm also sure a lot of them are very busy as of late.

Anything I can do to help I will.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback