Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshrogg
journeyman
Use of petri dishes & small jars for fast fruiting
    #582845 - 03/18/02 10:53 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

Growing in half pint jars, trays, tupperware is great but hey I just want some mushies to eat a.s.a.p I have seen mushies groing on petri dishes and have herd of mushrooms fruiting within 2 weeks start to finish when grown in small jars (about the size of a hockey puck) This seems that using small contains would save a ton of time and produce the same product in the end just not as much but for a flush or two this seems like it could be the best way anyone have experence with this? advice? teks? what if I took a petri dish filled it with some brf or millet etc then popped the lid on kept it warm let it colonize then remove the lid pop it inta a grow chamber then.......it fruits all in a fraction of the time? the only drawback would be having to remke the small containers after a flush or two but who cares they seem fater and easy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Use of petri dishes & small jars for fast fruiting [Re: shrogg]
    #583624 - 03/19/02 06:53 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

These are old, but I posted them recently in pictures forum:

Millet works well, just hard to keep sterile in a petri dish. Baby food jars work pretty well. Shroom(mage I think, maybe lord) did a shitload of work on the B+ like this. I'm not sure if his improved strain ever got out there. He was planning on sending it to ryche before he disappeared back when ryche got popped. It works, it's fun, good luck.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

InvisibleUna
controlleddemolition

#583839 - 03/20/02 12:16 AM (22 years, 14 days ago)

I'm not sure wether it's really faster than big jars but these small jars produce a relatively big amount amount of mushrooms.
Jars are 200 ml and are filled with 50 grams of millet, 50 ml of water cased with a thin layer of casing soil:

equador cubensis first flush

equador cubensis first flush

cambodian cubensis first flush (on rye)

cambodian cubensis first flush (on rye)

--------------------
www.911blogger.com

Offlinecookiewhore
enthusiast
    #585379 - 03/21/02 02:40 PM (22 years, 13 days ago)

dont you find that the agar dries up?

Invisibleblack_dove
journeyman
Re: Use of petri dishes & small jars for fast fruiting [Re: cookiewhore]
    #586129 - 03/22/02 08:08 AM (22 years, 12 days ago)

Don't fruit on petri dishes. You will not harvest but a few matchsticks, if things go really well for you. I highly recomend using (petri)dishes for anyone, but probly not for a newbie, until theyve grown like 2 batches of pf style and read TMC 3x cover to cover.
The time vs. reward/effort for fruiting on plates is not worth it. take the time to do it right,especially when just learning.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Use of petri dishes & small jars for fast fruiting [Re: black_dove]
    #586171 - 03/22/02 08:54 AM (22 years, 12 days ago)

black dove, you're right. I guess I misread the post the first time. I swear I read something in there about breeding and strain developement! No, don't try to fruit off of petri's if you want fruits to eat, LOL. Fruiting off petris is great for strain developement and testing though.

But agar isn't as hard as you make it sound dove. You don't even need to own TMC, just use peroxidated agar to clone a fruit. As soon as you have your first fruit, there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to clone it with peroxidated agar and go from there. Agar is easy.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract