Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Malt Extract, Petri Dish, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinekreeper_6
Stranger
pfTek style petri dishes for clones??????
    #587174 - 03/23/02 10:50 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I was thinking of making petri dishes filled with substrate to use with clone transfers becuz I can't seem to get good growth on agar. It seems like they are too thin. I've seen pics of thick and dense growing on agar but mine seem to be widespread and not very thick , very rope like, but like I said not very dense. Another this is they are already growing shrooms on them!

So I was thinking if I used substrate in the dishes for clones I could even just pop them out and then case them, but I have been having trouble with casings as well. I have harvested with the pfTek cakes in 1 pint jars but can't seem to get other Teks to work well. One of my casing was doing so well then bamm!! Mold!!!....I cut it out but I dunno what is going to come of this.

I use Malt extract agar and use soil in my casings , any ideas with the pfTek Petri's??

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleNighted

Loc: U.S.A.
Re: pfTek style petri dishes for clones?????? [Re: kreeper_6]
    #587302 - 03/23/02 02:23 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Hmmm...I'm going to suggest that you re-evaluate your agar procedure. I think that you might have a problem with caramelization. Can you post details of how you mix and sterilize your agar?

--------------------

Freedom defined is freedom denied.

Offlinekreeper_6
Stranger
Re: pfTek style petri dishes for clones?????? [Re: Nighted]
    #587461 - 03/23/02 06:10 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

well I use 20 grams malt extract with 15 g's agar powder that I bought at a health food store and mix it with 1 liter of water. I just bought a pressure cooker but before I put the solution in a jar then steamed it for 1 hour. When it is done it is still nice and liquidy then I let it cool for a lil' then distribute it to the dishes where it thickens to gel. I get growth but with the good ropelike type is seems really thin. I have some ecuador dishes also but they are the fluffy kind and they seem to thicken up a bit but not anything like the pics I've seem here on the shroomery site.

InvisibleNighted

Loc: U.S.A.
Re: pfTek style petri dishes for clones?????? [Re: kreeper_6]
    #587492 - 03/23/02 07:00 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Are you using actual petri dishes or some kind of small jar?

You probably won't see thick rizomorphs on a small diameter surface in comparison to one that's got more space for expansion. This could also be strain dependant but I doubt it.

Also try mixing some powdered rye grain or rice with your next batch of agar as it will help promote stonger strands.

--------------------

Freedom defined is freedom denied.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Malt Extract, Petri Dish, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology