Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBigScreen
Stranger
Loc: Upper Midwest
syringes vs print
    #585697 - 03/21/02 08:28 PM (22 years, 12 days ago)

Should I order syringes or prints? I was thinking about B+'s

--------------------
The world is not a destination to achieve, but a reality to be experienced. A man who knows the Tao in the morning, may die with content in the evening.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecookiewhore
enthusiast
Re: syringes vs print [Re: BigScreen]
    #585746 - 03/21/02 09:08 PM (22 years, 12 days ago)

man, as a newbie, B+ fucking rocks. but then again, i only have 3 strains to compare it to
maybe the spores were fresher than the others

Anyway, after receiving 3 out of 4 contaminated syringes from THE, (B+ was good to go!) and now 2 more are good to go after about 8 cultrue transfer, and numerous bottles of h2o2.. still one strain (eq's) that hasnt been cleaned up yet..

anyway

i think perhaps prnts would have less chance of contam
especially since you'll be making them with sterile water+h2o2 i assume

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #585852 - 03/21/02 11:04 PM (22 years, 12 days ago)

Prints if you can follow the directions on making a spore syringe yourself.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisibleWakingUpLate
addict
Loc: Born on a mountain, Raise...
    #585921 - 03/22/02 12:49 AM (22 years, 12 days ago)

Go to the Free Sore Ring and get a print for a buck. A
syringe is even less. Read up! Compared to everything
else you're going to be learning, it's child's play!
Hope that helps!:peace: 
Free Spore Ring

--------------------
The rest of those, who have gone before us,
cannot settle the unrest of those who follow.
(Finding Forrester)

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: syringes vs print [Re: cookiewhore]
    #585987 - 03/22/02 02:32 AM (22 years, 12 days ago)

Are you sure the THE sent you three out of four contaminated syringes - if they went green i wouldnt blame the syringe.

--------------------

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: syringes vs print [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #585988 - 03/22/02 02:37 AM (22 years, 12 days ago)

I have never seen a contanamated syringie from THE.

Wonder if it could it be bad sterlization of the substrat?

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

OfflineParticleMan
enthusiast
    #586031 - 03/22/02 04:11 AM (22 years, 12 days ago)

i would stay away from the prints for just a little, get a syringe or two

i always find when starting something new, the less variables the better, that way if something goes wrong, you can rule out messing up the syringe making, i know it sounds simple but something CAN go wrong....there have been many horror stories of people using fingers, dropping it on the ground or god knows where else........

point being......if you decide to get a print, be very sterile, and read a few teks on making syringes a few times each before you touch anything

GOOD LUCK!!!!

oh yeah...dont know much about any other vendors...but sporeworks was pretty speedy and had a great product

--------------------

Edited by ParticleMan (03/22/02 04:38 AM)

OfflineUnder_net
enthusiast
Loc: kentucky
Re: syringes vs print [Re: Jammer]
    #586048 - 03/22/02 04:25 AM (22 years, 12 days ago)

If this is truly your first time I dont think anyone could argue with me that it would be best for you to get syringes(From a reputable company, like (Fanaticus.com). I dont think they know the meaning of the word "contaminated syringe"
And when you read all this shit about cleanliness, the stage you need the nost clean environment is when it comes to printing and converting to a syringe.
Now the Advantage of a print is that you can probably make a good 3 -5 syringes from 1 print depending on its size and density. Hell, you could probably squeeze 10 out if you wanted.
I made prints tonight, and I have a print that was so big aand thick that I made 3 syringes from it and they were so dark that I could barely see through them.
Now a syringe like that will colonize a jar in about 1/2 the time it takes with most pf these pr-bought syringes. Especially PF a.a fanaticus.com. Their syringes are pretty watered down, but they will colonize in 30 days for sure, so long as your conditions are correct.

The decision is up to you. I recommend you buy a syringe. fooling with prints is considered a slightly bit more advanced task, though its not that hard. Spores are the start of the entire cycle, and what a cycle it is.

Spores->Syringe->Sterilized substrate PF-tek Jar->pinning->fruiting

So as you can see if you screw up step 1, all of the other steps are screwed from there on out.

See if you buy 2 syringes from PF(their minimum by the way) you will spend 20 dolars. Throught the process of getting these things to cultivate you will learn an incredible, especially since your gonna have 8 Weeks to lears, read, read some more, asl questions, etc... etc...

After you have a fruit you can easily make your owm Spore print. By the time you have produced a fruit you will have anout to follow a simple spore print tek. Them from there on out you will be totally self sufficient. You will never need to buy another syringe again, unless you want another strain that is.

But really when you buy your 3 strains frpm PF (Or Whomever) you can trase out the spore prints you make from those prints. Or even better , Spend a dollar plus shipping, and get a print from FSR, then srnf them one of your prints back.
Iv'e never tried FSR, but since I have been making so many Spore prints lately, not to mentikon the fact that I am anxious to experiment with some new strains.

Has anyone here ever used FSR? If so, what do you think about it? Does it take a long time to get the Prints.

Anyways, I hope I have helped with your question buddy

If I can help you anymore just let me know.

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: syringes vs print [Re: Under_net]
    #586051 - 03/22/02 04:29 AM (22 years, 12 days ago)

I think that your responce was for BigScreen, not me.

I just wanted to point out that it's nice to see another ShroomRite from my home state of Kentucky. There aint too many others here.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Offlinecookiewhore
enthusiast
Re: syringes vs print [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #586116 - 03/22/02 07:50 AM (22 years, 11 days ago)

Why in the world would they go green?
Maybe you can figure it out then blue meanie

when they first arrived.. dude shot out equal amounts into 5 pitres of PDA for each strain. all the B+'s were fine, while all the rest did nothing, or produced a yellowish mold where the sporewater was.
they were inoculated in a sterile flow hood, and sealed with parafilm

oh, by the way, if you say the agar is contaminated.. its not. because the leftover original agar is still sitting in a 1.5qt jar with apoly fill filter floss filter on it (been over 2 months now)
not gonna use it again.. just testing the filter

Offlinecookiewhore
enthusiast
Re: syringes vs print [Re: Jammer]
    #586117 - 03/22/02 07:53 AM (22 years, 11 days ago)

it was done on sterilized PDA.
the pda was poured into sterile pitres in a flowhood after being PC'd for an hour at 15psi.
contams hit the agar in 15/20 dishes... but 5/20 (all B+) were fine.
the syringe was flame sterilzed before each inoculation

I was wondering

if you shot out say .5cc of spore water and .5 h202, then sucked this back into another syringe..
will that clean it up of the contams?
because transferring from contaminated agar -> fresh agar takes about 5 times to clean the contaminated syringes.
its slow, and is becoming a pain in the ass.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #586606 - 03/22/02 05:41 PM (22 years, 11 days ago)

Maybe you should take this up with Ryche himself - although i think he's been busy arguing with boxtop in the vendor forum. :wink:. My point Cookie was just that in general the green comes from innoculation rather than the syringe, however something like a yellow contam could be the actual syringe itself.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #587212 - 03/23/02 10:03 AM (22 years, 10 days ago)

I'm just starting, but it looks to me like The Spore Works (http://www.sporeworks.com) is a pretty good site to get spores from. From what I've gathered, syringes are probably the best for starters.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinekarlfinn
Loc: Wild, Wonderfu,l West Vir...
    #587224 - 03/23/02 10:28 AM (22 years, 10 days ago)

at that time and pressure u may have carmelized sugars and created time for something els e to produce''
not to say that a goof was not in the sporated water...? done any other plate test on your hepa lately...
although aspergilis or whatever is pretty big....trichoderma viride..??
can't see otherwise how it would have gottin there and on them all if not the syringe, or at least the highest problability,
but always little stowaways hidin everywhere..,,,,,,,,,we are prob. getting into the contam forum....

OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

Loc: Southern United States
Re: syringes vs print [Re: Under_net]
    #587233 - 03/23/02 10:38 AM (22 years, 10 days ago)

ralph is very fast under net-i usually get my stuff within a week and he is like 10 states away from me!
prints for a buck!
Free Spore Ring

--------------------
Cultivation Laws Of America Suck

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags