Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
more grafts, and updates.
    #5855076 -

here are a few seed grown cacti. My friend was only able to get one from each set of seeds (from different sources) to make it to this point. Hopefully next year they will flower and he will be able to cross them.

This guy is the oldest. I posted him and the poe stone here before, I think. He was the first successful graft, but was growing very slowly! He was recently de- and regrafted, and has since grown incredibly quickly. But then the stock was cut and placed in a new pot. Growth has slowed since.


This is the next oldest guy. Less than 9 months (not sure off the top of my head) I think I posted him here as well before. So this is an update.


Here is the younges guy. At first I thought he might be variegated. Then I ruled it out. Then today, my bud noticed a definite area of orange/red near one of its areoles. He will definitely keep a close eye on it!


And here is the second youngest guy! He is slowly becoming one of my favorites.


-------------
This guy is not seed grown. I have posted him before. It is the only non- seed grown genetic material in the collection. It is also the only one to have flowered and supply seeds. My buddy got 3 seeds from the pod in the pic.


Cacti are awesome!!!


--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: more grafts, and updates. [Re: Olgualion]
    #5855566 -

You must refer to them as "guys" because of their shape. haha...

Seriously tho, awesome job! Keep us updated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: more grafts, and updates. [Re: Olgualion]
    #5855577 -

nice grafts :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: more grafts, and updates. [Re: davros]
    #5855853 -

What strain/hybrid is the first one?

Lophophora williamsii
L. williamsii var. caespitosa
Lophophora decipiens
Lophophora diffusa
Lophophora fricci
Lophophora brackii
L. koehresii (aka L. diffusa v. koehresii, aka L. viridescens


--------------------

Free Ethnobotanical Seed Ring

Edited by llamabox (07/13/06 09:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: more grafts, and updates. [Re: llamabox]
    #5856105 -

Those are all lophos right?

Nice btw!


--------------------
Uncleluke, getting his assbeat, then he tries to delete it
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6355469#Post6355469
Tomato-Faced Banez
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5933438#Post5933438
Dexter's Thesaurus
beer = guinness
smoke = vaporize
pubers = reasons to be pro-choice

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: more grafts, and updates. [Re: Olgualion]
    #5856234 -

Awesome! Those look great, man. Nice graft work. Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:


--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: more grafts, and updates. [Re: ToolTroll]
    #5856256 -

Very nice graft work, great job :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: more grafts, and updates. [Re: Olgualion]
    #5856262 -

whats the stone for? so they dont grow too close together?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: more grafts, and updates. [Re: durban_poison]
    #5857203 -

Wonderful!!

Thanks for showing us those!!


--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

 
"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: more grafts, and updates. [Re: VirgilKane]
    #5857834 -

Hey Im interesting in working with some pereskiopsis, at what point do you graft the seedling, and can you graft roots, as with tricho grafts

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: more grafts, and updates. [Re: llamabox]
    #5858390 -

Thanks for the kind words folks. :smile:

Hi llamabox,
As far as I know they are all L.w.  I guess I wont know for sure until I can check their flowers' color? I think?

Hey durban, long time no see...
I found the rock at Edgar Allen Poe's grave site.  I wanted to take something with me, so I laid down and started digging with my hands.  That is what I came up with.  It's now sitting with the cactus as part of a ritual I concocted.  Sometimes I carry it with me.

hooksbooks,
The second one from the top was grafted as a 2 week old seedling!  The third from the bottom was grafted at about 2.5 months old.  The smaller they are, the more difficult they seem to work with (I don't have a very steady hand), but after the first few attempts and failures, the success rate is getting much better.  Just make sure not to drop the seedling on the floor, ouch, they don't like that, and probably won't be successful.  Pereskiopsis is the way to go if grafting seedlings.  good luck.


--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* lophophora graft update. 56k Beware. Legoulash 2,446 11 10/29/06 04:41 PM
by Mitchnast
* HELP - need to un-graft peyotes from dead pereskiopsis, help needed ASAP Planet PHL 3,235 14 02/27/06 06:07 PM
by Ekstaza
* Minimal Peyote areole graft (update)
( 1 2 all )
koppie 10,114 30 04/26/09 08:38 AM
by SLiCeR
* My new peyote seedling grafts **Update** New Pics
( 1 2 3 all )
JB201 9,524 41 01/04/06 06:13 PM
by Legoulash
* Pereskiopsis rooting trouble...advice? zekesdream 4,972 13 01/07/07 10:57 AM
by zekesdream
* Button graft. Update- more pups! Schwip 1,263 12 04/02/07 08:53 AM
by Dr. uarewotueat
* De-Capitating Pedro (or rooting a de-grafted Lophophora)
( 1 2 all )
one time post 12,961 24 09/06/07 05:29 PM
by Dr. uarewotueat
* Cactus seedling grafting...here's how to do it Una 15,090 8 03/24/04 01:28 PM
by Aneglakya

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
2,597 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 19 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.