Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBoobs McFeely
enthusiast
Loc: Canada, Eh?
Germination Speeds B+ vs. Eq
    #583266 - 03/19/02 10:54 AM (22 years, 15 days ago)

Hello, a FOAFOAF is allegedly attempting to grow mushrooms. He has made 6 jars with PF Tek (br flour and verm) and innoculated 3 with Eq spores and 3 with B+ spores. Currently healthy growth is occuring in the Eq jars, but the B+ jars are doing nothing, and it has been about 7 days.

His question is this: is B+ a slower germinator than Equador, or is it possible that the B+ syringe was bad somehow? Although he knows 7 days is pretty soon to be asking, he would like to know since the jars are so different.

Thank you, and goodnight.

--------------------
Narc haven, assclown superstore, freakshow, whatever you want to call it, I'm leaving.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Loc: oklahoma
Re: Germination Speeds B+ vs. Eq [Re: Boobs McFeely]
    #583276 - 03/19/02 11:04 AM (22 years, 15 days ago)

where did you get the b+ spores? after 7 days you should at least see growth at the innoculation sites.

--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

Remember, EGOISM is the beginning, the source, and the root of EVIL!

http://www.fanaticus.com/pf-tek.htm
http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/hongus.html

InvisibleBoobs McFeely
enthusiast
Re: Germination Speeds B+ vs. Eq [Re: XAZIA]
    #583281 - 03/19/02 11:10 AM (22 years, 15 days ago)

The Hawk's Eye... he's going to give them a few more days before he gets concerned, as the jars were in cooler conditions than they should have been the first few days.

He has also performed an interesting experiment on two of the jars. One is seeded with 77mg of DiPT, B+ strain. The other (currently growing faster than the other jars) is an Eq jar seeded with ~33mg dl-alpha-Methyltryptamine. My FOAFOAF had checked the chemistry last year and determined that AMT would indeed be converted to 4-HO-AMT, but the activity of that compound is questionable. He thinks that it may require very low doses, and show considerable signs of toxicity, as well as extremely intense visuals from the few sources he can find. He will report back as the cakes progres... Thanks.

--------------------
Narc haven, assclown superstore, freakshow, whatever you want to call it, I'm leaving.

OfflineSeril
Stranger

Loc: PNW
    #583288 - 03/19/02 11:19 AM (22 years, 15 days ago)

Not sure about B+...
your EQs should show growth at innoculation sites within 4-7 days. (if not sooner)
and if your air exchange is good, jars can be done in the next 7-14 days. (3 weeks total)
I would imagine B+ to show similar progress, did you shake well?
where are the spores from? how old? etc.

-seril

--------------------
Seril,
Political language -true of all political parties- is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give solidity to pure wind..

Offlinebagmandsl
    #583333 - 03/19/02 12:01 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

B+ is definitely slower than equador in my experience but after 7 days you should see growth in both. maybe you got ahold of some not so fresh spores thus its taking more time for them to germinate, i would worry after 10 to 14 days, if nothin by then -then you probably wont see anything

InvisibleBoobs McFeely
enthusiast
Re: Germination Speeds B+ vs. Eq [Re: bagmandsl]
    #583404 - 03/19/02 01:46 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

Thx bagman, that was the info I was looking for. I'll keep waiting.

--------------------

OfflineCubies
    #583474 - 03/19/02 03:04 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

Im having the same results. My equadors blow the b+ away at first but they end up finishing about the same time. My b+ doesnt show for about a week and a half. They might be a little old, but they work. I got mine from Ralph.

InvisibleLTBOOMER
Harpua
Loc: Lietuva
Re: Germination Speeds B+ vs. Eq [Re: Cubies]
    #583480 - 03/19/02 03:09 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

I ordered some b+ spores from the hawkseye and after i waited half a year they were still good and i saw mycelium after a few day. Are you sure your foafoaf did every procedure correctly? Is he keeping them in optimum conditions?

--------------------
NOTICE: THIS POST IS A WORK OF FICTION AND IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY

"I wanna remember to remember to forget you forgot me"

Offlinecookiewhore
enthusiast
    #583485 - 03/19/02 03:14 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

the equador AFOF got from THE was contaminated. the B+ was the only good one out of 4 strains. buddy had to transfer MANY MANY times to different agar cultures to clean the Austrailian.. the Eq is beginning to clean too.

InvisibleBoobs McFeely
enthusiast
Re: Germination Speeds B+ vs. Eq [Re: LTBOOMER]
    #583584 - 03/19/02 05:30 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

LTBOOMER, all jars were prepared at the same time, same method. All EQ colonizing, no B+ are. It's too early to bother too much though.

--------------------

InvisibleDrD525
what'shappening?!
    #583665 - 03/19/02 08:01 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

My B+ jars didn't show ANY growth until the 6th week. I got the syringe from T.H.E. too. I think it's kinda fucked up. But they're growing now, there are 4-5 jars out of 6 showing growth now, about 30%-50% colonized. I'm pretty sure at least one if not all jars will be successful, given time. At this rate they should be 100% in a few weeks. This is my first attempt. I plan to go with cambo's next time 'round. But, yeah.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck