Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMushroomMatt
Loc: Troy, NY - USA
A curiously avoided subject!!!
    #580733 - 03/16/02 07:01 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I'd like to get a discussion going on something I have not heard too much about, and that is the cranberry juice extraction technique from PF cakes-I have a few questions and maybe some of you do too; feel free to post questions and answers as well...anyway, does anyone know what strain to get from Psilocybe Fanaticus (PF, Hawaiian, Mazatec) for the best turnout using only this technique? (No fruiting, just colonization and then extraction)-Also, once the juice is made, how long can it keep potent/usable and should it be refrigerated or kept at room temperature? Thanks y'all...

--------------------
[blue] To see a world in a grain of sand [/blue]
[green] And Heaven in a wildflower- [/green]
[red]To hold infinity in the palm of your hand [/red]
[purple] And eternity in an hour [/purple]

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: A curiously avoided subject!!! [Re: MushroomMatt]
    #581302 - 03/17/02 01:19 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

why are you so curious about why that subject is avoided? My guess would be that it is avoided because the cranberry cake extraction slime juice probably won't taste very good and it is not as productive or as rewarding as growing out the mushroom bodies. If you cannot do this I suggest you go pick them in their natural habitat it is not nearly as hard as you might think and you can get much larger amounts with relatively less work.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineJoeShroomer
Stranger
Loc: va
    #581569 - 03/17/02 07:24 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, there is a reason not many talk about the cranberry extraction: because it dosen't work. well it works at about 1/10 the potency. id say youd need to waste 4 pint cakes to get the buzz youd get off of mushrooms from one cake. from my experience i'v never felt anything. you might as well just go figure out how to fruit the cakes cause the cranberry stuff just dosen't work. peace.

--------------------
[red]"Excuse me please, one more drink. Could you make it fast cause I.. don't need to think."[/red]
-Dave M.

OfflineMushroomMatt
Loc: Troy, NY - USA
Re: A curiously avoided subject!!! [Re: JoeShroomer]
    #581720 - 03/17/02 10:49 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Alright fellas, this is what I was hoping this wouldn't turn into-a discussion on whether or not TO use this method-I have used it many times and it works-I have also grown fruit...after consuming both, I've found that on average, one jar in some juice is about equal in potency to an eighth of dried mushrooms, since I have been using 12 oz Ball jars. For reasons I will not get into, I am unable to grow fruit, only to colonize jars for extraction. Now what I mainly need to know is, how long can the juice be kept for, and where best-room temp or fridge? Thanks to anyone who can help...

--------------------
[blue] To see a world in a grain of sand [/blue]
[green] And Heaven in a wildflower- [/green]
[red]To hold infinity in the palm of your hand [/red]
[purple] And eternity in an hour [/purple]

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #583500 - 03/19/02 05:23 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

no way 1 pint is equal to an eighth dried pftek. I did 5 jars and it woul be comparable to 2 grams. Which is incredibly wasteful. The cakes dont even start to make much psilocybin until after the pin form. Best bet would be to let the cake pin invitro before you do it........... or just to grow fruits dur

No clue how long it lasts. Id assume it would be ok for a few days. I dont think i would let it sit very long.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience