Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetibberous
Stranger
Mycelium Extraction - Methanol vs. Cranberry Juice/Asorbic Acid
    #4387553 - 07/09/05 05:56 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Swims not sure if this goes here, thought it would fall under "mushroom science".

He plans to extract one of his 12 jars before fruiting. Really looking at two different extractions, posted below.

The methanol way sounds more up swims alley, but he worries about over heating the mycelium and destroying the alkaloids. If he was to go with the second, would he have to worry about getting it to hot?

Anyone experienced have some advice, tips, etc?

Methanol:
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/7997/pag/12

Cranberry juice:
To extract the mycelium, simply add ~500g of Cranberry Juice mixed with 1/2 tsp. of ascorbic acid crystals (vitamin C) to each jar of well-permeated mycelium and shake well. Add a glass marble as an agitator if you like. The acidified liquid will remove the active components, leaving behind the rye grains. Pour off the liquid and enjoy. The extracted liquid should be a milky consistency with a thick ,frothy layer of mycelium. If you want to get all the material, then do a second extraction with another cup of juice.

It is probably an acquired taste, but I have found the resulting brew to be quite palatable, and have never had any nausea using this method. The onset of the trip occurs in about 20-30 minutes.

When you are done, there is always some residual mycelium left on the grain. Rather than throw it out, try inoculating your backyard compost pile. Or take it to you local field, etc. Perhaps we can encourage this fungus to extend it's range across the world.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinephreedom420
Stranger
Re: Mycelium Extraction - Methanol vs. Cranberry Juice/Asorbic Acid [Re: tibberous]
    #4387970 - 07/09/05 08:38 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You'd have to REALLY heat the MeOH to destroy any alkaloids.

OfflineNo_Life_G33k
Now with 10%less noobness
 User Gallery

Re: Mycelium Extraction - Methanol vs. Cranberry Juice/Asorbic Acid [Re: tibberous]
    #4451473 - 07/25/05 04:18 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Easy method:

grow mycelia on whole brown rice

mix myc-rice with OJ and blend for 20 seconds.

Drink and enjoy.

--------------------
Hot Water Pasteuriztion - A How To Pictorial
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4527808/an/0/page/0

Make your own shroom chocolates
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4500682/an/0/page/5

guide with pix.

Make Your Own Magnetic Stirrer! How-To Tek w/ pix
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5865949/an/0/page/3

OfflineEngelsblut6
Wizards Apprentice

Loc: Keta-Kosmos
Re: Mycelium Extraction - Methanol vs. Cranberry Juice/Asorbic Acid [Re: No_Life_G33k]
    #10576801 - 06/26/09 01:27 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

is this true??? thats crazy...

--------------------
[[[|:.WARNING.:|]]] Nothing i say or do is real, I am simply a computer-bot, programmed to generate random responses and hypothetical questions for forum maintenance purposes only. Please refer to my owners manual or contact my programmer for further assistance. His contact information can be found by clicking HERE

OfflineThePurpleWiggle
Alpha through omega
I'm a teapot

Loc: Straya
Re: Mycelium Extraction - Methanol vs. Cranberry Juice/Asorbic Acid [Re: Engelsblut6]
    #26192802 - 09/16/19 09:17 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

I am necroing old threads relevant to the topic of mycelium grown on soft agar as a rapid means of psilo production because I believe to be a largely unknown and unexplored yet still very relevant topic for discussion and experimentation. I note that many are ignorantly opposed to concept, wishing to not face displeasing consequences of my necromancy, if any mods have problem, tell me and I'll stop.

Hi all :smile:
I have never been an active member here or of the DMT nexus, occasional long time lurker. These threads referenced can be found at the bottom of the post.

I not long ago I found an old post of an older tek that had been long forgotten and thought to be bunk due to a reportedly terrible translation.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7680529

The Brack and Kobel method of psilocybin production.

The claim is that mycelium in some mushrooms (maybe not pan cyans, as one member showed a law enforcement study of pan cyans that tested no psilocybin prior to pinning, though consuming pre-fruited mycelium of Cubes anecdotally produces effect) is active, and it's speed of growth makes it a viable option for rapid actives production. The mistranslation is generally interpreted as myc grown in LC.
However, LC myc catabolises it's actives very quickly at exactly the one week mark and requires close and difficult (complex, apparatus for testing) monitering to be harvested in the small optimal window. The other common mis-interpretation is to grow on hard agar. This results in myc that is unable to penetrate the surface, thereby providing too thin a layer of myc, low yields.

The solution posed is that agar mixed to 1/10th the dilution of hard agar allows for mycelial penetration. and one ought to harvest once the myc has carpeted the surface.

Reportedly effectively done by Brack and Kobel whilst working for sandoz in the 50s, also effectively used to grow sclerotia and fruit from this substrate. The sclerotia is extremely clean and easily harvested, and the agar is rightly priced if using it at 1/10th regular dilution.

The corrected translation of the tek recieved very little interest, admittedly the title and body of text is offputtingly dense in the old post.

I am curious to see if this is a viable tek for producing actives at 6x the speed. (So much more in the fruit, I realise, still I see potential benefit here, grow bulk then and extract to another medium if eating heaps of myc is unappealing, the tek also mentions an extraction tek (I know fast degradation, make some agar jellies with it or mix it with some other protective medium, add flavours too :smile: )

I tried to revive the old thread to little avail. Then I tried making a post in the cultivation thread, mixed responses. A lot of ill will toward the concept. A good point was made by footpath; "Just about everyone knocks what they don't try and don't even take time to read anything legitimate about. They mainly just proliferate speculative rumors from the populous. Ultimately, I am 99% certain that 99% of the people here Do Not have the means to produce anything beyond anecdotal evidence. And that, most of the time, they don't even bother to create that."

Now, please, forgive my arrogance for making three posts on the same topic and necroing an 11 year old thread about an abandoned tek from the 50s. I am curious, and see potential benefit to the community at large, perhaps the advanced crowd will be more likely to share in my curiosity.

I will also post this to the DMT nexus.

I am a noob. I know nothing. I am in process of growing my first PF jars. I have no experience with agar. I am a student on government assistance who has just been kicked out of home and am shortly to live in a tent in the backyard of my law abiding Aunt. My pf jars have had to be moved to another location 3 hours from my Aunts. There will be renovations there in a months time for a month and a half. My jars will have to be spawned to completely autonomous bulk monotubs on my first grow.

I am an avid reader and have a lot of curiosity, that is just about all that is going for me as a cultivator.

If anyone feels any curiosity toward such a beautiful tek, a week, a little agar and some curiosity is the minimum requirements for some results. I believe that others may have favourable conditions, supplies and skills for such experimentation earlier than I will be able to.

Have a go if you will and tell us all how you go :smile:

Look at this, promising anecdotal reports regarding growing strong, active azurescens mycelial mats on agar. Easier than sclerotia even and better substrate for sclerotia too.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/7789758

Here are my other threads in the cultivation sections of the shroomery, the DMT nexus and again, the old post I refer to;
General cultivation shroomery thread -
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26191459/fpart/1/vc/1

The DMT nexus thread-
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1013985&#post1013985

The old post on the supposedly correctly translated Brack and Kobel method -
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7680529

--------------------
All's good :smile:

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Mycelium Extraction - Methanol vs. Cranberry Juice/Asorbic Acid [Re: ThePurpleWiggle] * 1
    #26192883 - 09/16/19 10:03 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

:nojustno:

Stop this bullshit and make new threads.  Then you can link old threads if anybody wants to read them.

OfflineThePurpleWiggle
Alpha through omega
I'm a teapot

Loc: Straya
Re: Mycelium Extraction - Methanol vs. Cranberry Juice/Asorbic Acid [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #26192983 - 09/16/19 11:48 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Alright I'll stop necroing and won't make new threads regarding this, but I have done exactly as you say and necro'd the the threads I referenced in order to increase awareness of the successful attemps at this and similiar teks.

--------------------
All's good :smile:

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #26193024 - 09/16/19 11:48 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Old thread, already another thread bumped on the topic.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract