Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewatchthemusic
Stranger
a desc. of my setup, and a question
    #569000 - 03/03/02 08:31 PM (22 years, 30 days ago)

my buddy just birthed some cakes into their terrarium. he is a first timer. 12 half pint jars of 1 part BRF 2 parts verm, fully colonized with ecuadorian. no pins yet. the mycelia that has been colonized the longest, near the bottom of the cake, is quite fluffy, the rest, not so fluffy, but, not too worried about that.

terrarium setup is a rubbermaid container with plexiglass in the lid, and about an inch of moist perlite at the bottom, cakes sitting directly on top of the perlite. does my friend need to make a drip shield? will the water condensing on the inside of the lid drip down and do a lot of damage to his cakes? or will they probably do just as well without it?

any advice on my friends' setup in general? he has been getting some info from a more experienced shroomerite in his area, but doesn't want to be a nuisance, and more opinions couldn't hurt

--------------------
"The chief aim of all investigations of the external world should be to discover the rational order and harmony which has been imposed on it by God and which He revealed to us in the language of mathematics" -Johannes Kepler

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNighted
Ghost

Loc: Funkytown
Re: a desc. of my setup, and a question [Re: watchthemusic]
    #569130 - 03/03/02 11:22 PM (22 years, 30 days ago)

Is he the same guy who told you to remove the cakes before they began to invitro pin?

ANYWAY....if you have proper light, temperature and humidity, you should see pins begin to form around 5 days or very soon after.

--------------------

Freedom defined is freedom denied.

Nighted is better than Google. Please take time to rate 5/5. Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1