Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Yngwie Malmsteen
    #5619093 -

I just saw Yngwie Malmsteen and his band play tonight. He is on his "Unleash the Fury" tour.

I find his playing to be kind of repetitive. He also has a corny and swaggering guitar god bravado (he does funny little faces and swinging guitar tricks). But, when he actually puts forth an effort (instead of just running up and down scales and modes at breakneck speeds) he came up with some good stuff.

His technical prowess is unquestionable though. Any guitar aficionado should go check him out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yngwie Malmsteen [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5619120 -

Yeah.. he rocks.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yngwie Malmsteen [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5619128 -

He is the defintion of a "noodler". All technical precision, no style.

Why do all these guitar geniuses albums always suck?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yngwie Malmsteen [Re: monamine]
    #5619272 -

I think Devin Townsend makes much funnier faces and he might be the funniest looking man i have ever seen.

But w/e Yngwie is good, I have a couple cds, but i dont LOVE him

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yngwie Malmsteen [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5619279 -

His first album was brilliant. So brilliant, in fact, that he decided to put out the same album over and over again.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yngwie Malmsteen [Re: Silversoul]
    #5619283 -

Oh, and I'm saying this only from heresay, because I'm just pretentious like that.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yngwie Malmsteen [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5619293 -

he is probably the fastest....


i like JP better.


--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yngwie Malmsteen [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5619303 -

All he ever does is shredding...even i can shred. Steve Vai, Jimmy Page, David Gilmour, now those are legends...IMO.  :tongue:


--------------------
"Too weird to live, too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yngwie Malmsteen [Re: DoorsGirl]
    #5619328 -

dave gilmour is amazing at bending the strings

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yngwie Malmsteen [Re: Jim]
    #5619332 -

Yngwie is a cocky fucker. don't get me wrong, he's a great guitarist, but his arrogance totally fucking kills it.

i personally like Joe Satriani and Steve Vai better.


--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.


:heart: :todcasil: :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yngwie Malmsteen [Re: Acidic_Sloth]
    #5619362 -

Satriani is good but I wish he would just play some non-distorted 80's shit. Im a huge fan of McLaughlin, I think hes probably the fastest man on earth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yngwie Malmsteen [Re: TheCow]
    #5619379 -

Here's my impersonation of Yngwie:







(Playing with my teeth)





(This last one is a joke. Yngwie looks too heavy to do something like this)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yngwie Malmsteen [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5619384 -

I love the misfits.


--------------------
"Too weird to live, too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yngwie Malmsteen [Re: DoorsGirl]
    #5619613 -

Quote:
I just saw Yngwie Malmsteen and his band play tonight. He is on his "Unleash the Fury" tour.




I think we're from the same area:) Yngwie was a big influence on me when I first started playing - I was going to check him out tonight too. Saw him 2 years ago at NL and that was enough. His people treated George Lynch like shit (and Lynch is a great player, IMO) And Ynqwie was SO pompous and freakin' LOUD!! I couldnt deal with it so I left half way through his set. Im a self-admitted shredder too - but that was just too much wankery for me!

Still though, Rising Force was and still is a great album, no doubt.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yngwie Malmsteen [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5619628 -

that shit is so 1980's and I was a teenager of the 1980s too.. I never was into his band.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yngwie Malmsteen [Re: Skunk420]
    #5619635 -

You know what was really weird? He was wearing shoulder pads underneath his shirt.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yngwie Malmsteen [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5619637 -

Cool guitar. Is that a Schecter?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yngwie Malmsteen [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5619639 -

strange? maybe he was trying to look more buff..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yngwie Malmsteen [Re: Silversoul]
    #5619648 -

Silversoul said:
Cool guitar. Is that a Schecter?



Yep. C-1 Blackjack. It sounds good and works well as a prop for when I am trying to act like a pretentious rock god.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yngwie Malmsteen [Re: Skunk420]
    #5619652 -

skunk78395 said:
strange? maybe he was trying to look more buff..



I think that's what he was trying to do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Yngwie Malmsteen
( 1 2 all )
Maurer 1,140 27 03/04/10 05:20 PM
by bardleyrichard
* I ripped a heavy solo on an Yngwie Malmsteen Strat..... starfire_xes 634 16 02/01/12 12:15 PM
by MorphinTime
* Fastest Thrash Metal Band? Supreme Slammage 1,276 10 04/10/15 09:14 PM
by r00tuuu123
* Schecter Stilleto Elite 5-string for sale - might buy! All We Perceive 154 0 11/07/10 10:59 PM
by All We Perceive
* Fastest Way You Have Made Cash?
( 1 2 3 all )
Mighty Bop 4,596 51 08/21/05 09:53 PM
by HELLA_TIGHT
* Whos got the fastest internet connection on shroomery??
( 1 2 3 all )
desant 3,080 46 05/22/14 01:53 PM
by koraks
* worlds fastest car
( 1 2 all )
moe.phan 1,756 25 11/20/08 09:58 PM
by danlennon3
* fastest way to install iso from one pc to another?
( 1 2 all )
evileye001 1,659 26 01/02/15 02:08 AM
by Shroomism

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,951 topic views. 5 members, 12 guests and 99 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 20 queries.