Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: worlds fastest car [Re: moe.phan]
    #9281530 -

The fastest I've ever been as a passenger was 147mph in my buddy's M3.

Fastest I've been as the driver is 113 in my camry :smirk:

Both were incredibly intense, especially when I was in the M3, because I was at the mercy of my friend that was driving. Luckily he had a few high speed experiences with LeMans racers prior to that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: worlds fastest car [Re: Gumby]
    #9281901 -

When I was a teenager my father had a street rod.  It was a 1946 Chevy 4-door sedan.  It was a project-in-the-works at the time.  The drivetrain was a well-built 327 (built by my dad's friend who built race motors for drag cars), a turbo 350 trans and a Ford 9-inch rear end.  The rear end had really tall highway gears at the time (2:75) so it wasn't super fast off the line but it would run like a motherfucker on the open road.

For some reason my Dad thought it would be OK to let me and my brother take it for the weekend to St. George, Utah over spring break.  I was 18 at the time and my bro was 15.  Upholstery and paint were done and the car looked sweet so we rolled around like pimps all weekend.  Then on Sunday we had to make the 115 mile drive home.  We left a friends house in St. George and pulled up at home in Vegas exactly 60 minutes later!  And home was on the far west end of Vegas at the time!

Most of the drive across the open desert back to Vegas that day was done at speeds around 150mph.  The car had a little more to give but thats as far as I dared push it.  You see, since this car was a project-in-the-works at the time it was still sporting its original 1946 front end suspension!  In the years that followed Dad got a Mustang II front-end-clip done, but I can say I survived that drive with the original 46 front end at some ridiculous speeds.  It was completely hairball at times.  The car drifted from side to side taking up both lanes of the freeway.  I would time the drifts back and forth so I would drift to the left or right just in time to pass other traffic.  Remember, when you are traveling at 150mph you pass other cars on the freeway as if they were standing still.

Somehow my brother and I survived that stupid ordeal and came out with a great story to tell.  We didn't let my Dad know what we had done for another 15 years though!  And I have never driven anywhere near that fast ever since.


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: worlds fastest car [Re: Crasher]
    #9281926 -

Crasher said:
that's 186 MPH faster than I need a car to be...



speed limit is 85 on interstates here in texas now...

but yes, that is ridiculously fast...looks fun

peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: worlds fastest car [Re: supra]
    #9281960 -

Fastest I ever went (myself driving) was 140 on the interstate...which was pretty fucking stupid. I was young, probably about 17. In my eclipse gs-t. It DEFINITELY did not feel safe. I started to come up on some cars pretty quick and remember BARELY touching the brakes and the car wobbled like a bitch. scared the hell out of me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: worlds fastest car [Re: Jrsxt]
    #9281972 -

when i used to drive a supra (hence the name) long ago, got it up to around 140 or so on the highway as well (stupid move).  got to take it on a track at a goodwill testing facility, and it topped at 157.  That was with upgraded turbo, head, and exhaust system.  This was a markIII supra as well, not the more badass markIV ones, 89 supra turbo.  It was awesome, but eventually got to where upkeep, tickets, and gas (since i hauled ass everywhere) were to expensive, i drive a cavalier now.

peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: worlds fastest car [Re: supra]
    #9282043 -

Im getting a 1986 Camero with a 350 corvette engine very soon:grin: Im gonna get pulled over every day:eek:


--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Help - Lost blunt in car The_Hobbit 2,509 8 09/01/04 03:36 PM
by iloveraving
* 3 Words: Whale Penis Upholstery PapaverS 1,153 14 10/15/09 10:07 AM
by Papaver
* the world is full of stupid people Yoschie99 1,302 6 02/28/03 02:40 PM
by oDin
* Ever heard of memphis car audio?
( 1 2 all )
ShroomyMcPot 3,528 36 07/15/04 08:51 PM
by felix
* Sitting on top of the World
( 1 2 all )
Ripple 4,451 34 01/30/03 08:58 AM
by triptones
* K-1 World Grand Prix from Saitama, 12/4.
( 1 2 all )
RunDMT 2,476 24 04/25/04 08:10 AM
by RunDMT
* selling my car, need advice zorbman 3,883 10 06/09/04 08:56 PM
by Legoulash
* auto shop, fixed my car withoout asking, $300 bill WTF HELP ZippoZM 3,842 19 08/26/04 12:41 PM
by ZippoZ

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,756 topic views. 5 members, 15 guests and 145 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 17 queries.