Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Coir Subsatrate Question?
    #5513307 -

Im doing some grain bags and jars and was wondering if coir was that bad of a subsatrate.  I would like to use Hpoo but no vendor that has it will deliver to my PO Box, TennStud Doesnt.  So i was doing some reading today on the forum and saw that coir is used sometimes as a subsatrate.  Is it bad, I know it wont be as good as poo but will i still get good flushes and are they still going to have nice pinsets.  Also I heard you can add something to make it have more neutrients so that the flushes dont lose potency, I was wondering what it was and how much to put in the coir.  I was thinking of doing like a 50% coir 50% grain spawn or mabey only 40% coir so it has more neutrients.  Id like to just hear what some people have to say on this subject.  Thanks

:mushroom2: :crazy2: :mushroom2:


--------------------
None of the posts that are posted by this member are real. They are all fake and are for fictional use only. This member does not actually grow any mushrooms he/she just posts for fun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coir Subsatrate Question? [Re: buckallyall]
    #5513321 -

You can add a variety of things. Bloodmeal for more nitrogen, ground WBS flour, vegetable oil, among others.

I've read some posts of Agar's where he has made some good suggestions.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post5150228

there are other posts about it to. do some searching

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coir Subsatrate Question? [Re: AKtoker]
    #5513348 -

Thats what I was reading earlier and why i have these questions now. Put now that I know I can just add some of that stuff I probably add some Blood mean and some vegi oil. Thanks for the help.


--------------------
None of the posts that are posted by this member are real. They are all fake and are for fictional use only. This member does not actually grow any mushrooms he/she just posts for fun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coir Subsatrate Question? [Re: buckallyall]
    #5513386 -

You want to go VERY easy on both those additions. To be safe I probably wouldn't add more then a spoonful of each to say a gallon of substrate.


--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coir Subsatrate Question? [Re: musher_420]
    #5513399 -

that will give it enough nuets to make them more potent?


--------------------
None of the posts that are posted by this member are real. They are all fake and are for fictional use only. This member does not actually grow any mushrooms he/she just posts for fun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coir Subsatrate Question? [Re: buckallyall]
    #5513433 -

Neither one of those is proved to increase potency anyways. You just have to take in peoples opinions and make a judgment call. I'm a horse poo fan myself. I get it for free.

Do you live in the city and do not have a car or something? It's usually pretty easy to get poo. I was kinda nervous at first but after I finally got the balls to just go ask it was no big thing and I'm hooked up with all the shroom food I could ever use in my life.


--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coir Subsatrate Question? [Re: musher_420]
    #5581589 -

Bloodmeal's for nitrogen.. I see that.. makes sense.. also makes sense to use it very sparingly. it's the same for plants.

Now what possible addition could vegetable oil make?
yes I searched.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coir Subsatrate Question? [Re: Jack_Straw]
    #5581612 -

vegi oil is a great source of carbohydtares for the mushies (i beleive it carbs). you spray on 1 ml per square foot or pould i can't remember off hand. pretty sure it per foot. it has to be applied evenley or you could create hot spots.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coir Subsatrate Question? [Re: thenewguy05]
    #5581937 -

I have olive oil, soybean oil, PAM (spray), and a huge thing of cheap ass fry oil that I threw the box out for so I have no idea what kind it is.

But, all of them say 0 carbs. A lot of fat, does that do anything?
i wonder what's the best oil to use (if it even does anything)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coir Subsatrate Question? [Re: Jack_Straw]
    #5582009 -

More than likely, the oil is there for fatty acids. I use a small amount of Flax seed in my grains for this reason.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coir Subsatrate Question? [Re: thenewguy05]
    #5582864 -

thenewguy05 wrote:
vegi oil is a great source of carbohydtares for the mushies (i beleive it carbs). you spray on 1 ml per square foot or pould i can't remember off hand. pretty sure it per foot. it has to be applied evenley or you could create hot spots.

Veg oil is pure fat. Not a carb to be found.

splif


--------------------
First Grow: Ecuador -> LC -> HPoo/Straw -> Monotub
Build a Do-It-Yourself Magnetic Stirrer in thirty minutes with no money.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coir Subsatrate Question? [Re: splifner180]
    #5583219 -

hahaha, thanks splifner!  Grain is a carb, and yeah, the mushrooms love carbohydrates, but oil's got nothing to do with it.  Word up, small amout of oil if any!  You don't see mushrooms growing of the fat of animal carcasses now do you?  :wink:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coir Subsatrate Question? [Re: CureCat]
    #5583905 -

but *why*?? what does the veg. oil/flaxseed/etc. do?

Edited by Jack_Straw (05/05/06 08:52 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Coco Coir Casing Question? Squeeky 6,087 1 06/10/02 04:16 PM
by henryp
* coir casing colonization!!!!!!!!!! michael_ahji 3,022 3 05/30/02 06:21 AM
by Anonymous
* Grow Question ??? Anonymous 1,024 6 08/16/02 04:55 PM
by felix
* Popcorn Casing Question Ali 1,630 6 04/14/03 12:36 PM
by Ali
* BloodMeaL uhhhh Help From the God's Plsssss SouthPArk 904 7 07/20/05 02:16 AM
by blackout
* any firsthand experience w/ bloodmeal? tiny_rabid_birds 1,156 9 01/26/06 02:26 AM
by blackout
* Coir/bloodmeal and jelly jars bukujutsu 905 2 05/02/07 09:20 PM
by SpekOner
* Eco earth coir from petco...
( 1 2 all )
Nikoyo 2,415 21 03/04/18 10:28 AM
by Mykoc

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
982 topic views. 18 members, 128 guests and 136 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.