Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNugDumper
Member of theThird Eye Club

DB Kit, Fruting Probs
    #555791 - 02/18/02 10:34 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, I spawned 10lbs of DB compost w/ 4 quarts of Rye, Multispore Innoced w/ Thailand Lipa Yai. Mycelium ran the compost in about 10 days... light has been given since that period. Also when light was initiated, the container was moved from a temp of 80f to another closet that is roughly 70f. A week into giving light, the kit had about 4 inches of yellowish water on the sides... I wasn't going to drain, but a large portion of the mass was touching water. It is now day 11 since giving light and I have drained twice... there seems to be hella moisture. Also today, 3 spots of green tricho appeared on the surface of the block... Immediately surgery was done and those three spots carefully cut out. The surface of the compost seems to be pretty moist... some beads of water and puddling on surface. Light is being continued although it doesn't seem to have affected fruiting yet... no pins, no knots, nothing.

-Basically what I want to know is if this is on a reasonable time scedule still and if there is anything I should do. Also.... is my kit about to be eaten in green? I hope not. Thanks for the help.

--------------------
All that I need is the air that I breathe... and all that I need are things I don't need... and all that really matters is what matters to me me me... -Shannon Hoon

Racism is schism on a serious tip! -Bradley Nowell

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefresh357
addict

Re: DB Kit, Fruting Probs [Re: NugDumper]
    #556248 - 02/19/02 12:45 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

sounds like the green was an isolated colony. Use your best judgement.

I think your casing was just way too wet, im suprised it even colonized if you had to drain it twice. Up the temp some and continue to get up the excess moisture.

OfflineNugDumper

Re: DB Kit, Fruting Probs [Re: fresh357]
    #556306 - 02/19/02 01:49 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Please don't answer the question if you have not the slightest idea what you are talking about, thx.

--------------------
All that I need is the air that I breathe... and all that I need are things I don't need... and all that really matters is what matters to me me me... -Shannon Hoon

Offlinefresh357
addict

#556317 - 02/19/02 01:56 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

"Also.... is my kit about to be eaten in green? I hope not."

sorry to have interfered with you, genius. good luck with your *kit* and also your excellent trich colony.

InvisibleSouthernGent
veteran
    #556318 - 02/19/02 01:59 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Nug I really dont know what I m talking about either. I m a bag man, but I bet you Anno,Workman, and or Ryche would be the gentlemen that could help you save that casing and maybe even egghead if those 3 arent available. They are the masters here and the rest of us are just learning if you want my opinion.

--------------------

Offlinefresh357
addict

Re: DB Kit, Fruting Probs [Re: SouthernGent]
    #556350 - 02/19/02 02:27 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

i did misunderstand some, but i tend to skim over posts after glancing to the end and seeing "will my such and such be eaen by mold?"

how the fuck are we supposed to know? my response, sounds like an isolated colony is the best answer anyone can give you.

as for the time frame, we both know that time frames are highly variable, even with the temp/humidity info youve given.

lets see...10 days the myc overran...is that when you initially exposed to light?

11 days since exposure, with 'roughly' 70 degs and visibly over saturated? id estimate that normal time to pin on substrate of that sort would be 8-10 days at most, but because of environmental conditions id say 11-15 days isnt out of the question.

happy now?

OfflineNugDumper

#556794 - 02/19/02 09:14 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Ok firstly, there is no "casing" involved... I never said casing, this is a RYE to COMPOST SPAWN. Understand?

Secondly, why would I increase the temp when contams are showing already? More heat=more contams... especially when there is standing water on the side... why would I add more heat?

This compost requires no casing, nor is extra moisture unusual from a mass amount of compost. I simply want to know what I might be able to do to fruit this before contams can take hold.

Upon further inspection, I think it might be possible that I've attracted a colony of cobweb mold. It is hard to say because the only pics I can find of it are on cakes and isolated spots.... but I'm thinking it is possible the whole surface of the compost may be covered in mold. It does look a bit grey, but w/o a pic I can't confirm it.

-Anyone have pics of a casing or compost brick overrun by cobweb mold? I would really appreciate it. Will water normally bead on mycelia? It seems that the greyest areas have the most condensation built up on them. Thx

--------------------

InvisibleChampion des Champignons
long standing member;)

Loc: Alba
    #556930 - 02/19/02 11:31 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

if the trich got to the stage of going green then you're probably fucked, as the green is the spores, which will bw all over the place by now. Trich before it sporulates is whitish and is probably what you suspect to be cobweb. Bad luck.

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm........

Offlinemoxjet20
Loc: santa cruz, magical land ...
    #556968 - 02/20/02 12:11 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

actually, i have been able to help mycelium successfully beat off contams by raising the heat.. why does more heat = more contams? that depends on that mold/bacteria's particular optimum growth parameters.. and no, condensation on the mycelium is not good.. that is the best way to get green mold

--------------------
Free Spore Ring
what became of subtlety?

InvisibleWakingUpLate
addict
Loc: Born on a mountain, Raise...
    #556978 - 02/20/02 12:24 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I think I may have your answer, unfortunately, right now I don't think my nerves could handle being scolded just for trying to help. Sorry.
By the way, be very careful dealing with contamination. You wouldn't be the first to need a doctor shortly after dealing with the enemy critters.
:peace:

--------------------
The rest of those, who have gone before us,
cannot settle the unrest of those who follow.
(Finding Forrester)

Offlinefresh357
addict

#557290 - 02/20/02 08:52 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

{More heat=more contams... especially when there is standing water on the side... why would I add more heat? }

Your logic is as disasterous as your methods.

I was using the term casing but i knew what you meant. That one word didnt change the quality or relevence of my reply in any way.

just because you are attempting an uncommon/difficult method doesnt give you the right to call down anyone who tries to help. I have more respect for someone who humbly gets a few shrooms from cakes than somebody who gets way out of his depth and grows a nice collage of household mold and has the nerve to say *we* dont know what were talking about.

OfflineNugDumper

#557567 - 02/20/02 03:20 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

"I was using the term casing but i knew what you meant. That one word didnt change the quality or relevence of my reply in any way. "   

-You were talking about my "casing" being too wet.... that in no way shows you have any knowledge of what I am doing, hence, I asked you not to post.

"just because you are attempting an uncommon/difficult method doesnt give you the right to call down anyone who tries to help. I have more respect for someone who humbly gets a few shrooms from cakes than somebody who gets way out of his depth and grows a nice collage of household mold and has the nerve to say *we* dont know what were talking about."

-Ok Newbie lets get this straight, cake makers are like morons, there's lots of em.  Don't preach to me on the value or ease of making cakes, you are green and it shows.  Cakes are easy, and it's also for begginers, I'm past that, thanks.

-I'm attempting an Uncommon/Difficult Method Huh?  Do some reading and get back to me, k?  Try looking in the pictures forum or go read about Ryche Hawk's DB Kits he used to sell, or Dmitri's compost that he makes, or anyone else that knows real yeild is gained through mass spawns, straw, and large casings.  Not single cakes.... although single cakes are great for begginers and people living at their parent's house, I've moved on.

-And since you can't take a hint, I was not referring to ANYONE other than you when I posted my second post.  So don't give me that "we" shit in your post like I was referring to anyone else but you.  There are people here who's opinion I can take seriously, but I'd rather not take advice from someone with less experience and obviously no experience with mass spawnings.  Thanks to the rest of you who provided educated advice.

And you'll be happy to know that my spawn pinned today :smile:
-Enjoy your cakes.

--------------------

Offlinefresh357
addict

#558744 - 02/21/02 04:23 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

>>>>"Don't preach to me on the value or ease of making cakes, you are green and it shows."

the only thing thats green is your illbeggoten dung project.

i didnt say, i grow on cakes, nor did i say it was the best way. All i said was that *YOU* should stick to cakes, because one or two shrooms off a cake is better than a nice mold colony.

congrats on your pins, imaginary or not.

If they arent imaginary, then ill be sure to visit you in the hospital after you eat your infested growths.

>>>"You were talking about my "casing" being too wet.... that in no way shows you have any knowledge of what I am doing, hence, I asked you not to post. "

oh right. because mycelium does its best when its surrounded by puddles of rancid yellow water, and so wet that theres water droplets on top of it.

it cracks me up to see people try things that they arent capable of finishing just because they want to seem intelligent to the shroomery. Why dont they just stick to 5050 casings for great yeilds before they stick a pile of shit in their closet with some yellow water and expect it to grow.

and what about your little heat=contam hypothesis? no reply to the real issues at hand.

Edited by fresh357 (02/21/02 04:26 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate