Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Growing in a mycobag, still have some questions.
    #5542218 -

Hello. I have spores and a mycobag on their way in the mail, and I am following http://www.clusterbusters.com/mycobag.htm that technique specifically. I am aware that there are far better ones out there, but this is my first and I'd like to stick to this one before I get into anything more advanced.

After studying that page, I still have a few simple newbie questions I feel are unanswered. I'll give a rough summary of my gameplan, tell me what you guys think of it. If you see any errors in my plan, or if you have some extra tips, please share.

The room I'm going to use is clean and sterile and constantly dark. I have a wall-mounted room thermomoter in there. In the weeks it takes for my packages to arrive, I will use a small heater (not anywhere near my grow site, but in the same room) and experiment with different settings until I can get the room to read a CONSTANT 86 degrees (well, perhaps between 82 and 86, but I'll try to be exact).

QUESTION: Will I need to mist the air in the room to make it humid, if so how often, or perhaps leave bowls of water everywhere? Any tips on humidity? Or does it not matter because it will be in a mycobag?

I will sterilize and inject the liquid into the spot where I'm supposed to.
QUESTION: Does the needle go all the way past the disk, just squirting the liquid on top and on the sides of the bag? Or does the needle go in halfway and inject the liquid INSIDE the disk?

I will then lay the bag in the corner of the room, probably on a towel rather than the hard floor, and I will monitor the temperature every day.

When the bag becomes white, I will break up the disk carefully. When they grow to full maturity (QUESTION: How long do you think this will take after the first mushroom pops up? Will I be able to see in the bag with all the white? And after fully grown, how long will they last before they die or go bad while still in the bag?) I will go outside and harvest them (fresh air) and mist the inside of the bag with some water and seal it and return it to its place for more to grow, and repeat until no more grow.

FINAL QUESTION: Harvested, how long will fresh ones last in a room between 66 and 70 degrees? Do I need to put them in perhaps a baggie or a tupperware container, or something? Should they remain in the room, or a refridgerator, or just the warm growing room?

Before they go bad, I will dry them, and I already have a full drying document to follow and all the materials needed (fan, container with lid, Damp Rid, mesh wiring, etc.) I would still like to know how to keep them fresh before drying, and for how long.

Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing in a mycobag, still have some questions. [Re: ofzeroconcern]
    #5542230 -

OK first of all take it one step at a time, why are you asking if you will know if its all white? if you waited until you got to that point

you would answer your own question. and use common sense obviously you want the spores to come into contact with the substrate. keep them fresh

before drying for what purpose? your question is ridiculous i think you just like to see your posts or something its like a book of stupid questions

Edited by BPJohnny (04/21/06 08:49 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing in a mycobag, still have some questions. [Re: BPJohnny]
    #5542271 -

wow.
first of all get a tub as an incubator. you can use room temp its just a little slower but just stick them in a draw or closet. incubators don't need humitity since like you said, its in a bag. also misting your room would do very little besides getting your floor wet. leaving bowls of water out also will do nothing for humidity. your rooms is not a fruiting chamber. unless you have a greenhouse or giant martha.

sitting the bag on a towel as oposed to the floor doesn't matter. myc doesn't have a sense of touch.

inject THROUGH the bag. the spores have to get to where you want them to grow...

fresh mushrooms will last up to about 5 days in a paperbag; they need to breath so don't ziplock or tuperwear them. ziplock and/or tupperwear DRYED shrooms though. keep in cool dark place.


--------------------
im sorry about your mother. She was a terrible attrative woman.

Get back to nature; hunting burgers and gathering fries.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing in a mycobag, still have some questions. *DELETED* [Re: ofzeroconcern]
    #5542445 -

Post deleted by IGnosticAbhorI<p>Reason for deletion: Your reasons of interst aren't admirable. Take care.

Edited by IGnosticAbhorI (04/21/06 10:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing in a mycobag, still have some questions. [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #5542467 -

I've just realized who you are. And I'll be deleting all the info. I just gave you. Someone like you shouldn't be helped out. Ever. Period.

Stop growing mushrooms. Please.

If mycology ever begins to interst you in anyway, then please, send me a PM and i'll change my rating and help you as best as I can.

For those going,"Gnostic! :shocked:, Why would you say that?!".

This is why.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing in a mycobag, still have some questions. [Re: ofzeroconcern]
    #5542502 -

Got all my questions answered, thanks guys! ^_^

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing in a mycobag, still have some questions. [Re: ofzeroconcern]
    #5543023 -

I usually recommend understanding the underlying principles in regards to a persons current undertaking.

In your case I'm just going to have to say: follow the directions.

heh some people just look for the speed limit signs along the road. And they need them! No attention is payed to what the road is doing, the current road conditions, the condition of their vehicle, what other vehicles are doing, their own personal condition, the condition of their passengers, etc..

The next time you get a ticket, remember these words, and understand that it is the same attitude that caused the ticketing to be neccessary.

'I don't need to think. Someone else will do it for me.'


--------------------
Their are 10 types of people. Those that understand binary, and those who don't.
~Cappa.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Answer needed soon, please look (mycobag question) Delariand 955 5 04/14/02 02:01 PM
by psilocyber
* Re: Shroom Wizard's Grow Guide -- Question.. BoomerZ 2,191 12 05/16/00 09:31 PM
by Anonymous
* Growing chamber question? Crete 1,508 2 12/23/01 10:37 AM
by razer
* shroom wizards grow guide questions arkan 1,761 8 04/03/16 12:51 AM
by cronicr
* mycobag test with Ecuador
( 1 2 all )
WorkmanV 7,187 27 01/27/02 05:53 PM
by Workman
* B+ in mycobags doesn't see to work stealth 1,221 9 06/20/02 04:05 PM
by Workman
* Couple Questions cgrossoman 1,660 10 02/18/02 09:02 PM
by Anno
* Re: 1st post 1st grow 1 question mycelios 1,498 3 08/18/18 06:41 AM
by Snowak

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
2,282 topic views. 10 members, 101 guests and 161 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.