Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBashoPoem
HELP. bulk fruiting IN filter patch bags???
    #550670 - 02/13/02 10:56 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

my friend PM'd ryche with a similar question, but then he felt like a jerk for sending him such a long PM that would take a while to respond to. he asked him first cuz ryche seems to be the man when it comes to filter patch bags. anyway, for those with some experience in the field, a few questions...

my friend has done the sporeworks "myco environment bag" in the past and liked its results of fruiting within the bag, but is not quite sure how to go about doing it with similar results. i mean, he knows he just needs the bags, a sealer of some sort, and substrate, BUT almost all the replies to posts on the topic talk about only using the bags to colonize and then case. the rest seem to be people who just cant get the autoclave/filter patch bags right and shum them.
he is more interested in trying to fruit within the bag, which was easy with sporework's mini myco bags , but dont know if there is a special way he needs to go about creating those bags for himself. also, he is not sure as to which substrate is best for fruiting within the bags.
to get down to it, he wants to stop using jars and switch over to bags for bulk from now on. do you think it is beneficial to try and fruit in bulk within many bags versus taking everything out of the bag and casing? also, which substrate tek is best for fruiting within these bags? (there are so many)
he is intensely interested in the "ease" of fruiting within bags and the potential to grow in bulk without having to go though all the steps and fuss he has been for the last while with cakes and grow chambers, etc. everyone knows most say you have to do it "the right way" with casings and chambers...BUT, progress is the key to our community, isnt it? =)

my friend REALLY appreciates any help.

peace and jah love.
basho.

--------------------
[purple] "The things you own end up owning you." - Fight Club [/purple]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehippy_lettuce
enthusiast
Re: HELP. bulk fruiting IN filter patch bags??? [Re: BashoPoem]
    #550676 - 02/13/02 11:08 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

i too have started using bags, not for bulk but just for.... use. lol i fruit in the bags... yeah. anyways, i've tried it with brf and verm and it seemed alright, im planning on doing it with rye grain though, im gonna do two of my own and try it against a mycxo enviroment bag, i plan on keeping a log, i dont know what this post was about, where am i? mmmmmmmm, donuts

--------------------
F.B.I. got a file on me, set all drug offenders free...

InvisibleSouthernGent
veteran
    #550905 - 02/14/02 05:01 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

This is just my guess but I think the exact size of sporeworks bags and the substrate mix is the key. Something tells me that Compiler spent alot of time and probably money til he got everything just right. I may be wrong but I havent saw any pics of shrooms fruiting inside the bags except the myco bags. I hear most say they wish they were bigger and wish they were cheaper but something tells me theres a reason for the size and a reason for the exact substrate they use. No matter how many times you order from sporeworks the bags look the same.

--------------------

OfflineBashoPoem
Re: HELP. bulk fruiting IN filter patch bags??? [Re: SouthernGent] * 1
    #551190 - 02/14/02 11:39 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

"This is just my guess but I think the exact size of sporeworks bags and the substrate mix is the key."

well, that is obvious...and my point. if someone can come up with an incredibly easy fruiting method in bags on the small (and DAMN EXPENSIVE!) scale, then why cant a person create their own bags to fruit in on a more bulk scale of things? i know someone out there must have a clue, but no one likes answering me. =) maybe people are keeping secrets so the jar industry doesnt go bankrupt.

peace.
basho

--------------------
[purple] "The things you own end up owning you." - Fight Club [/purple]

Offlinerommstein2001
Rise ye Must!
 User Gallery

Loc: South GA
    #551207 - 02/14/02 11:55 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

according to workman, the smaller bags tend to contaminate much less, i'm not sure of the exact substrate recipe, but it has shredded straw, whole krenals of some type of grain, i'm not sure on the rest.

--------------------

Offlineflatalbert
MexicanaJalisco,Stamets, andfractals
Loc: One of those corn states
    #551224 - 02/14/02 12:15 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

If you mix half substrate with half verm, that is a good jumping off point for fruiting in the bags. Then you can adjust the proportions of stuff in the bags to find your favorite mix. My preliminary experiment was
handful of millet
handful of compost
dash of brf
mixed with an equal proportion of verm.
I haven't done this more than once. I should pick up this experiment again and report the findings.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#551484 - 02/14/02 03:38 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

If you want to grow in bulk, look up using wheat straw. Dont matter if you use the bags or jars, but, just get some mycelium colonized, pasturize your straw and mix it up in a tray. Thats how you get a lot...(only if you do it right of course)...
:smile:

Shroom God's tek is good, so is the one at sporeworks.... I really don't know much about the bags however :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order