Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Mushroom-Hut Shop: Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
IDEA! : STALLED CAKE COLONIZATION SOLUTION?
    #550562 -

If your have a cake that has stalled colonization when just a little bit on the bottom is left over to be colonized, perhaps you should try what I just did, take the bag, and birth it into a FRESH, CLEAN ziploc baggie. Break the cake up and mix it together as if you were going to do the ole crumble and case. Then leave it sealed in the bag for a day, and see what happens, I've done it with a cake that had very very little exposed uncolonized, and now I just did it to a cake that had about 10% of its surface uncolonized. I think this will work, and since I'm casing anyway, I'm just jumping ahead a little bit.

Just an idea. I'll post in a day or so and say if this worked fo sho or what.


--------------------
[green]"You'll accomplish more if you start now"[/green]
[red]-Egghead[/red]
[green]TeRzMaStA[/green] is the man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IDEA! : STALLED CAKE COLONIZATION SOLUTION? [Re: Split]
    #550575 -

Sounds right to me. It's amazing how fast the uncolonized parts will colonize when taken out of the jar.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IDEA! : STALLED CAKE COLONIZATION SOLUTION? [Re: ]
    #550605 -

I think I'll call it the pimp click gangsta trick tek.


--------------------
[green]"You'll accomplish more if you start now"[/green]
[red]-Egghead[/red]
[green]TeRzMaStA[/green] is the man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IDEA! : STALLED CAKE COLONIZATION SOLUTION? [Re: Split]
    #550609 -

That sounds about right.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IDEA! : STALLED CAKE COLONIZATION SOLUTION? [Re: Split]
    #550664 -

LOL! thats a good name Split. :smile: 


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IDEA! : STALLED CAKE COLONIZATION SOLUTION? [Re: KoOs]
    #551093 -

if you do a writeup i would recomend at least nuking the bags for like 30 to 60 secs just to be safe...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IDEA! : STALLED CAKE COLONIZATION SOLUTION? [Re: LSD_4me]
    #551265 -

I dunno man, I think that as long as your taking the ziploc from a fresh box you should be ok, maybe if your ultra paranoid about contaminations or something. If I was to make a tek, where would I submit it??


--------------------
[green]"You'll accomplish more if you start now"[/green]
[red]-Egghead[/red]
[green]TeRzMaStA[/green] is the man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Mushroom-Hut Shop: Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Help with stalled cake colonization psyphon 2,405 6 12/05/01 03:50 PM
by psyphon
* Re: Full cake colonization from one inoculation point? TreeofLife 1,334 1 04/14/01 01:18 PM
by KaoServitor
* Stalled cakes. Joshua 1,752 5 12/20/01 02:16 PM
by Tannis
* stalled cake hudsonismss 1,265 6 08/27/01 06:03 PM
by MycoGlowFlow
* stalled cakes? ByeByeSoberDay 1,397 3 10/25/01 01:54 PM
by GoodTimes
* Stalled Cakes? Is this common? fidget 1,668 3 05/01/02 06:50 AM
by LOBO
* First timer, substrate cake colonization question parsonsproject 1,569 2 12/04/01 09:59 PM
by pl151
* Re: How do I make my cakes colonize faster? Anonymous 1,087 2 07/14/00 11:11 PM
by Larrythescaryrex

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
2,434 topic views. 10 members, 99 guests and 165 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.