Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Salvia
    #547534 -

I harvested some Salvia leaves today. These are some of the larger ones.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia [Re: Anno]
    #547548 -

Mmmm... minty fresh!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia [Re: Anno]
    #547800 -

call me stupid, but are they active?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia [Re: angryshroom]
    #547841 -

Salvinorum-A, baybeee.

I personally am not a fan of salvia. I find that it's more trouble than it's worth.

Some people really like it though:).

Joshua 


--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia [Re: Joshua]
    #547935 -

stuff has never done anything for me. i have been reading up on it via shroomery and it seems others cant get anything from it either. yet others say its great. whats the deal? how is it used? whats the high really like?


--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia [Re: pleezr]
    #548131 -

not so much high as existential kick in the nuts...


ie. morph you into objects, see sounds and hear smells and become plants and see dead people and feel like a general puppet on a string....

I love it....


those are some nice leaves you got there...they sure can get huge?

care to post some pictures of the live plant. back in the day i grew a salvia plant outside...after i acclimated her to the environment with some gentle indoor care...she only lasted one season though because my dog stepped on her :frown:

I would love to start again. Its a very rewarding personal relationship.


--------------------
Ultimate Mycodirectory v4.0

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia [Re: pleezr]
    #548148 -

Most people whom cant get off, are either smoking low quality salvia, or they need to do an extract. Much of the salvia being sold at shops you will find 4X,5X,10X....what this means is that they have taken a liquid extraction of the leaves, then reabsorbed that into some more leaves...which are then smoked. Most smoke salvia, some hold liquid extract under tongue, some form a quid with the leaves and keep that in. The psycoactive effects are to be read in many places, but personally, I find it to shut you down more than expand you, but a great and interesting effect for its short duration....I think its even clasified as a "dissociative"....I find that when I "break thru" i become whatever inanimate object i happen to be looking at, a chair for instance. So, If you want to know what a chair's exsistence is like, i really recommend taking salvia. ---Ec0Freak0


--------------------
Mmmm....permaculture....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia [Re: EcoFreako]
    #548341 -

sounds wild. I would like to try some sometime.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia [Re: Anno]
    #548436 -

Heya Anno... I have been interested in experiencing/learning about Salvia... Is it easy to get seeds? Can my dog grow it indoors, like her pretty Indicas??? She would love to try cultivating some Salvia indoors...

Thanks, man.

Grim 420


--------------------
Life would be tragic if it weren't funny. - Stephen Hawking

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia [Re: Matty_Rulez]
    #548450 -

seeds are extremely ummm impossible to get .. you need to order a cutting from somewhere


--------------------
-SumGuy :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia [Re: SumGuy]
    #548455 -

Hmmmm....  shitty....
I don't see a cutting surviving a trip here!!

Oh well...  maybe some will find me...  :smile:

Thanks, DUDE!

peace



--------------------
Life would be tragic if it weren't funny. - Stephen Hawking

Edited by Matty_Rulez (02/12/02 12:33 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia [Re: Anno]
    #548492 -

Are you going to extract it?


--------------------
"If there weren't no humps, there wouldn't be no gettin over" George Clinton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia [Re: Anonymous]
    #548498 -

Well... I have to get some first... like I said, I'm just learning about it.. and I would like to try some along with some G.C. that should start pinning soon...

but to answer your question... I probably would try extracting it... is it a lot more potent that way??

Any info about this curious specimen would be greatly appreciated...

You da man, psyko78626!

Thanks again


--------------------
Life would be tragic if it weren't funny. - Stephen Hawking

Edited by Matty_Rulez (02/12/02 12:32 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia [Re: EcoFreako]
    #548500 -

I have tried dried leaf, and two diff. extracts. I made one myself using methanol. I approximate it's strength at 10x. I also tried some that Anno sent that was 6x. I got off on it, it's just that I do not desire to get back on. I don't get a very healthy feeling when I smoke it. I suppose it's just different strokes for different folks.

I do encourage anyone to try it in a controlled setting. Just because I don't care for it doesn't mean it won't work for someone else.

Joshua:cool: 


--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia [Re: Joshua]
    #548502 -

Hey Joshua!

What exactly do yo mean by "You don't get a very healthy feeling when u smoke it??" Is the smoke comparable to Mary J?

Thanks, bud!



--------------------
Life would be tragic if it weren't funny. - Stephen Hawking

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia [Re: Matty_Rulez]
    #548511 -

This probably has something to do with the dissociative properties of the high. I feel like it is poison and is killing me. I get the same feeling as I have off of some very bad things I have done in the past. This is probably the dissociative property as I said earlier. I have the desire to try it again, I have heard of break-throughs occuring after several times of smoking. It seems sometimes to just kick in. My explaination is limited by the fact that I can not portray the true experiences I have had. I wouldn't necessarily discourage anyone from trying it.

Joshua


--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia [Re: Joshua]
    #548518 -

Man, Josh!!  You have me VERY curious!!

I wonder how the hell I can get some in Canada...  Where do people get cuttings, and why is it almost impossible to get seeds???

Also, is it legal??  What class of substance would you say it is??
(man I ask too many questions!)  :wink:


Thanks again!

Grim420


--------------------
Life would be tragic if it weren't funny. - Stephen Hawking

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia [Re: Matty_Rulez]
    #548529 -

I don't believe that Salvia is on any drug schedules. I got my leaf from The Shamans Garden online store.

The interesting issue about Salvia propogation is that it is essentially sterile. It does not produce seeds. I believe it has been propogated through cuttings for a very long time. This probably arose out of some mutation. I'm sure the natives have an explaination for it.

Once again the isolated chemical responsible for its effects is Salvinorin-A.

Check out this site for further enlightenment:
Lycaeum

Joshua


--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia [Re: Joshua]
    #548533 -

Hey thanks for your time and insight, Joshua!

I will check out the Lycaeum.

peace


--------------------
Life would be tragic if it weren't funny. - Stephen Hawking

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia [Re: Matty_Rulez]
    #548554 -

Also a very good site from the discoverer of salvinorin:

www.sagewisdom.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Salvia Extract with naptha Remut 2,012 1 06/25/04 02:17 AM
by redgreenvines
* Amount needed to make 20x Salvia extract? theocean06 1,814 6 09/06/04 03:38 PM
by Gr0wer
* Salvia Extraction Questions! FreeLaws1_6 1,189 3 01/28/05 05:54 PM
by dblaney
* salvia extract preperation strang 2,670 10 11/04/01 09:25 AM
by Elektrolurch
* Hash soaked in Salvia extract. quarkyquasar 1,973 7 08/01/03 10:46 PM
by dilatedcreature
* Salvia extraction. cdchriscd 978 1 06/21/03 07:58 PM
by neuro
* great salvia extraction guide with pictures ZippoZM 3,552 1 04/18/04 07:13 PM
by LuNaTiX
* extract POSTs. dogkisser 1,374 6 09/10/02 12:22 PM
by dogkisser

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
4,554 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 7 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.