Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinequarkyquasar
Happy FluffyBunny

Loc: NorCaL
Hash soaked in Salvia extract.
    #1751763 - 07/27/03 12:09 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Has anyone ever tried this?
My friend is making a batch of 10x tomorrow and is going to use 3g of Hash instead of crushed salvia. Let me here about your experiences with this salvia extract variation.

--------------------

How does a nice dose of democracy up your ass sound?
Oh, and please enjoy your new freedom if you happen to survive

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: US of A
Re: Hash soaked in Salvia extract. [Re: quarkyquasar]
    #1751855 - 07/27/03 12:46 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Well, can't say I ever did it myself, but it seems like the hash is gonna end up dissolving in the salvia solvent as well, and it seems like you're going to end up with a big black gooey ball of crap. It seems like it's all going to dissolve into one big wasteful lump. If I were you're friend, I'd save the hash, and just do the extraction, than take the extracted stuff and roll it into the hash. Either way, I wouldn't use 3 grams of hash on the experiment, I'd say maybe experiment with a gram or so before you end up wasting the stuff by putting all your eggs in one basket. But feel free to experiment with your methods, and let us know how it turned out!

Offlinequarkyquasar
Happy FluffyBunny

Re: Hash soaked in Salvia extract. [Re: biglo]
    #1752079 - 07/27/03 01:57 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

He is going to use reconstituted crystals.
3g of hash is no biggie for him, has plenty to spare.
Will post the results tomorrow.

--------------------

Offlinequarkyquasar
Happy FluffyBunny

#1763567 - 07/30/03 07:10 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Well, the experiment failed.
Not only did it disolve into a nasty mess. But the resulting mushy crap was horrible tasting and VERY harsh. He did try using crumbled bud and that worked alot better. But still not better than just a normal extraction. He really doesnt like the taste of slavia leaf.
Perhaps next time he will use everclear instead for the final step and just use a pipet to apply small amounts slowly to bubble hash. That way there will be very little negative flavor. He will also do a few extra washes and accept the loss of salvinorin.
He will let you know how that turns out.

--------------------

Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: US of A
    #1764339 - 07/30/03 11:44 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Hate to sound like a dick, but, told ya so.  Sorry the experiment was un fracaso, but hopefully I can add some helpful criticism as well.  The problem with trying to use hash as a base for the salvia crystals to disolve in is the fact that hash is also pretty much thc crystals.  And both hash and salvia crystals are pretty much soluble in the same things.  THC is very soluble in fats and alcohols, so using everclear is more or less gonna have the same effect.  The everclear is also going to disolve the hash as well.  Did your friend use isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol in his first attempt?  If so, another route to go is try using acetone, it is much more effective than alcohol in dissolving salvinorum a crystals into it, just be sure you get a pure batch of it, I'm not really sure where you could get some at though.  The best suggestions I really have for your friend is to either

A:) Try dissolving some salvia leaves into acetone, and use pot leaf as a base for the salvinorum a crystals to attach to.  Let the stuff dry out, and then add some hash to it if he's going for the double your pleasure, double your fun doublemint approach :wink: 

B:) Try getting high off hash first, then trying some extracted leaf.  If you use concentrated salvia, you won't need to take as many hits of the stuff.

C:) Get over the taste of salvia leaves!  I'm sorry if he really dislikes the taste, but if you follow suggestion B, and use a water bong, it shouldn't as harsh, and you'll only need to take a toke or two to get off on the stuff.  If he doesn't have one, he can find directions to build a half decent homemade one easily on the net, or PM me as a last resort!  Finally, sometimes you must stomach some of the less pleasing aspects of a drug to enjoy the experience, such as the taste of mushrooms.  Or yage, now THAT takes some intestinal fortitude and nerves my friend!!! 

OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Loc: pass the gates of hell 2 ...
    #1764753 - 07/31/03 02:37 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

sounds like a problem with your extraction...how long did u let the salvia leaves stay in the solevent?

--------------------
Mice have feelings

Offlinequarkyquasar
Happy FluffyBunny

Re: Hash soaked in Salvia extract. [Re: JameZTheNewbie]
    #1767712 - 08/01/03 12:44 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I dont take shit personally, so dont worry about that.
Hash just tastes so good.... Figured why not smoke something we really love instead of the salvia leaf.
I gather from alot of posts that we smoke salvia more often than most, but not with the intention of entering salvia hyperspace. Only enough that reality is altered just a bit. Curiousity is the only reason this was done because we are having lots of fun with the new chemistry kit!
Oh ya, using a pipet to drip the extract onto the bud does work well. It adds a certain...wobble to the high? But why taint something so glorious as bubble hash? Not worth it.

Variations of this extraction technique is used.
http://forums.lycaeum.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=000965

--------------------

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

#1771473 - 08/02/03 12:46 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

not 10x but my friend here smoked some extract put on pot one time thought it made him more stoned

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden