Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Animal Sacrifices for Religious Purposes
    #5452804 -

Anyone ever participated? Please tell us about it. Why did you do it? What did you gain from it?


--------------------
Sincerely,

Skeptikos

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Animal Sacrifices for Religious Purposes [Re: Skeptikos]
    #5453144 -

i can't see anything any less spiritual than killing a sentient being.


--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Animal Sacrifices for Religious Purposes [Re: leery11]
    #5455446 -

Im against the notion myself, killing innocent animals as tribute to God seems inhumain and also a voilent justification for mans need to eat meat...Eating the animal I assume was also apart of the sacrificial tribute. Atleast the cattle and such. Although, perhaps the formentioned acknowledgement of God in thanks first before the rite was performed gives it a certain spirituality, considering the need to survive and also be worthy of the animals death. Atleast I know ancient natives would honor the animal sacrifice by ensuring it wasnt wasted in any way. Heh, its no better then whats going on today...mass produced meat, very very sad.

Its not difficult to witness that history paints a cruel picture of the way mankind's mentality works. Be different I say and eat only what you need, give back more then you take and be thankfull.

Wizolz :sunny:


--------------------
---------o----o----o-------o------------------------o--o-o-
----------------------------------------------------------------
Requim for a Dream - Paul Oakenfold
---------------------------------------------------------------
"The mis/abuse of any form of power, is the worst form of ignorance"
-------------------------------------------------------------
WIZOLZ - Lover with a Killer's Smile

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Animal Sacrifices for Religious Purposes [Re: WIZOLZ]
    #5455467 -

WIZOLZ said:
Im against the notion myself, killing innocent animals as tribute to God seems inhumain and also a voilent justification for mans need to eat meat...Eating the animal I assume was also apart of the sacrificial tribute. Atleast the cattle and such. Although, perhaps the formentioned acknowledgement of God in thanks first before the rite was performed gives it a certain spirituality, considering the need to survive and also be worthy of the animals death. Atleast I know ancient natives would honor the animal sacrifice by ensuring it wasnt wasted in any way. Heh, its no better then whats going on today...mass produced meat, very very sad.


right on..... when i think of sacrifice i think of kill it for spiritual gain/black magic kind of stuff and just waste it that way.

but you're right if you simply kill it for your need to survive but dedicate it to "God" and wish it well that's not so bad at all... much better than our ways of living.

I wish I had the tools necessary to become a vegetarian or vegan... eating meat makes me feel sick but not eating it would make me weak and sick too.


--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Animal Sacrifices for Religious Purposes [Re: Skeptikos]
    #5456155 -

Even Anton Szandor LaVey, late former head of the Church of Satan, condemned animal sacrifice as a cowardly act. Let your own blood flow if you must, anything else is criminal cruelty on the physical level, sick sadism on the psychic level, Qlippothic filth on the spiritual level.


--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Animal Sacrifices for Religious Purposes [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #5467291 -

first things first what the fuck is "Qlippothic"?

secondly Man evolved to eat meat, its HEALTHY. Have you ever seen a healthy looking vegan, I know I havent.

Thirdly killing is killing, and always wrong. You got no objections from me there, and yet it is nesecarry(perhaps recently man has figured out which plants he needs to eat survive a vegan diet, but I myself will be sticking to God given meat.). Lots of people on here have opinions I'm sure, but how many have actually killed an animal? watched its life fade from its eyes. sorry if I sound all morbid and stuff, its just that most of the time people seem to discount that animals have souls. It is at the moment of death that an animals soul is laid bare to us humans. Thats why I see it as no coincidence that the act of killing animals for meat became a holy sacrifice.

because it IS a holy sacrifice.


--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Animal Sacrifices for Religious Purposes [Re: blaze2]
    #5467591 -

It's off-topic, but killing is not always wrong.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Animal Sacrifices for Religious Purposes [Re: Redstorm]
    #5467870 -

Killing another is similar to killing a piece of yourself. Eating another animal for food isn't "killing"--it's participating in the web of dependancy.

Other lower animals prey and eat eachother. The energy from the sun thus gets transfered into higher-order life forms...and eventually returned to the source.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Animal Sacrifices for Religious Purposes [Re: blaze2]
    #5469556 -

Qlippothic (I like introducing new names) is the demonic mirror-image of the Kabbalistic Tree of Life.

(I apparently didn't enter my response and lost it so here's the brief version).

I have killed animals for euthanasia purposes, and while I was once a vegan long ago, I do eat meat now. I have a problem with those who kill and do not eat the creature they kill. I used to have a problem with Santeria in Miami, but then I considered the millions of goats that are slaughtered at the end of Muslim Ramadan every year around the world. I pondered ancient Jewish Temple sacrifices, Mithraic Tauroboliums (talk about literal blood baths). I give thanks to the animal who unwillingly died for my nourishment as well as to God who underlies both of our existences. One day I myself will be consumed by time.


--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Animal Sacrifices for Religious Purposes [Re: Skeptikos]
    #5471069 -

Every time I kill an animal when hunting I say a prayer for it.  Not quite the same thing though :shrug:


--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Animal Sacrifices for Religious Purposes [Re: daimyo]
    #5473240 -

wrong daimyo its pretty much teh EXACT same thing.


--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Animal Sacrifices for Religious Purposes [Re: Skeptikos]
    #5475183 -

I've sacrificed ants to the holy magnifying glass.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* cattle mutilations and aincient animal sacrifices OldWoodSpecter 1,295 13 06/03/06 12:49 AM
by Telepylus
* what it means to have dominion over the animals
( 1 2 all )
Deadfrancis 2,350 31 03/19/18 12:47 PM
by Bill_Oreilly
* So I met this religious fanatic tonight...
( 1 2 all )
slamdunk 4,319 24 01/30/10 09:21 PM
by RaiseTheDead
* Drug-Induced Religious Experiences threadstarter 4,595 18 03/22/07 02:36 PM
by Ego Death
* The Good Friday Experiment -- Do psychedelics have religious import? AsanteM 2,158 3 04/14/06 02:36 PM
by Wysefool
* Epic religious experience that I must share; Dark_Star 4,653 18 03/27/24 11:25 PM
by sessiondrummer
* Religious ketamine experience Jon 5,214 13 10/16/12 09:24 PM
by dustinthewind13
* Any Religious People ? bobby87 1,405 18 08/26/06 12:15 PM
by leery11

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, Asante, Shroomism, Rose, Kickle, yogabunny, Northerner, DividedQuantum
1,330 topic views. 1 members, 8 guests and 18 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.