Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleChampion des Champignons
long standing member;)

Loc: Alba
azure advice?
    #521554 - 01/15/02 06:33 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

So, I've got a couple of kilos of colonised hickory chips and I'm wondering what the best course of action would be. Try and fruit it indoors (in a cold garage), wait 'til spring, wait 'til autumn? (not keen on that idea)
I can't remember if it was Anno or BIO who fruited Ps. cyanescens indoors, but if that's possible surely azurescens would work at least as well?
I know the best idea would be to use what I've got to spawn a load more wood in preparation for a spring and/or autumn fruiting, but I really want to try fruiting at least SOME of the spawn just now.

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm........

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: azure advice? [Re: Champion des Champignons]
    #521663 - 01/15/02 08:31 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

If you can control humidity while maintaining temps below
60 F (45-60) i would jump right on it. Preferably trying to fruit at the higher end of the spectrum. Someone has to print a specimen from one of those spring fruiters out west, and do some searching for the 60+ strain.

OfflineSlamgauge
genocide isn'tfor everyone.
Loc: Austin, TX
Re: azure advice? [Re: ]
    #522070 - 01/16/02 05:03 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Your pic made me think I was having a flashback. Damn. I'm buggin.

--------------------
TRUTH n - 1 a being true; specif., a) sincerity; honesty b) conformity with fact c) reality; actual existence d) correctness; accuracy

long standing member;)

#523909 - 01/17/02 09:44 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I've taken about 1/3 of the chips and mixed them up with an equal amount of peat. I did this because the chips seemed very dry, the plan being that, as the mycelium grow through the peat I will slowly bring up the moisture content until the peat is fully colonised and has a good reservoir of water for the chips to absorb. Like a casing that goes right through the substrate.
I'm guessing that azures don't need a casing and will fruit straight from this chips/peat mixture.
Comments?

--------------------
hmmm........

Anonymous

#524082 - 01/18/02 12:48 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I hope you find something that works!!! I live in the deep south Florida, I can't even grow them outdoors. I think the biggest problem is air exchange. How do you create a sufficient evaporation rate, while maintaining temps below 60 F, and not completely drying out the substrate. My only run at the azures was with a peat:perlite casing on colonized wood chips. I let the casing layer colonize and put it in the refridge. Every day I would pull it out and fan it manually. At least twice a day. Over time, I actually had dieback in the casing layer. The casing layer got very stiff, compacted. When I finally got tired of waiting, two months. I tossed it.
I dug into it, to check, and it was not contaminated. There was still mycelium on the wood, just not in the casing layer.
I just come to the realization, that It was more work then it was worth. I enjoy growing all the subtropical, and tropical species.
If I ever move back to a place with a winter, I will probably just establish some outdoor beds. The indoors, even if successful, can't possibly be prolific enough to make up for the expense of time, and money, i.e modified refridgerator.
A basement in a cold climate will probably work, I think that is how it was cultivated indoors.
Good luck with it, I really would like to see some indoor AZURES, but it is not gonna be me. You get the azures, you get the rest of the complex, bohemica, cyanescens, ect.......
I just see way to much success with them outdoors to justify the time.
Maybe I am lazy, but I tend to do what is easiest. I really like the Copelandias. To me this is the best shroom yet, for indoor cultivation.
These P. samuiensis look extremely promising. Invitro pinning on agar!!! Potency is up there also, according to the books. Comparable to the Copelandias, but I think this one will probably fruit on straight seed or grain, without the manure requirement. They are smaller though, smaller then the Pan.cambodginiensis . Hopefully it's numbers will be up there like the Copelandias, to make up for the size. I really dig these miny shrooms. I think this year I am gonna go looking for the P. mammillata.

long standing member;)

#524124 - 01/18/02 01:46 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Heehee! I was poking around in my cupboard and found a quart jar of Ps. subfimetaria rye spawn that I had forgotten all about. These need similar conditions to azures to fruit (along with dung of course), so now I've got another cool temp. experiment to try. I'm all excited now:)
Anyhoo, for air exchange the fruiting container has 3 1" holes loosely stuffed with polyfill, and I'll fan as often as I remember. The question is, with the temp being so much lower (not much above freezing sometimes, depending on the weather) will evaporation be high enough to provide sufficient humidity?

--------------------
hmmm........

long standing member;)

#544017 - 02/07/02 05:33 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I decided to case with coco coir, which is now colonised. The container has been put out into the garage, which is at 5-10c at the moment.
Fingers crossed.....

--------------------
hmmm........

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck