Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]
Re: The Pub [Re: gdman]
    #5404237 -

If you're talking about L_F he should know I'm just fucking around.

Just because I don't put a ":smirk:" or whatever at the end of my posts people think I'm just trying to be a dick.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub [Re: gdman]
    #5404251 -

gdman said:
probably because they're afraid they're gonna get flamed by the bandwagon, which would be a pretty safe bet because, like I said, it always happens.



You know that there is no flaming allowed in the pub. I think this has been a very respectful discussion so far. These parties you speak of are avoiding this thread simply because they do not wish to get involved, for whatever reason. I don't think it's out of fear of being flamed, though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #5404262 -

HellaMeister said:
Just because I don't put a ":smirk:" or whatever at the end of my posts people think I'm just trying to be a dick.



I always take the smirk smiley as a sign of disrespect.  Like saying "yea right you fucking inbreed".


--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub [Re: daimyo]
    #5404275 -

:smirk:


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #5404339 -

You're right, I think it's kind of silly to take things personally on the net, but some people do and I hate to see people get hurt, I don't really know where I'm going with this, but you get the picture I hope. I just want to reiterate, you know, I'm a nice guy, and I don't have any kind of grudges against you guys, I really hope you don't think that, I'd like to think I'm easy going and it really does take a whole lot to make me angry, a whole lot. I can't really remember a time I've been actually mad at someone on the shroomery for something that has happened solely on the net. I think you and I would get along pretty well IRL.

The worst part about being a mod is having to "discipline" people and using the ban stick, makes me feel like a cop or something *shudder :puke:*. I really haven't done that in a while, unless they really, REALLY deserved it. I like talking to people first and issues usually get resolved before it comes to that.  I think I've chilled way the fuck out as time has gone by, I admit things got a little heated not long ago, and I admit things might have edged on getting a little personal, as people were digging on real life friends of mine. That was the closest I've ever come to making things personal here and I can assure everyone that it will never happen again, I know when I'm wrong.


--------------------


Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.
         
I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub [Re: blink]
    #5404342 -

blinkidiot said:
I'm in a unique position because I began moderating as the banomatic was introduced and haven't known of moderating without it.

I will look through all of my previous warnings, and where it's the first and only offence, and where I think a PM would have been better served, I will recind the warning.

I've handed out 3 times the points bom has already, (albeit in 3 forums) so I'll aim to take the banomatic out of the equation unless I feel it to be more than nessesary.



First of all I'd like to say I think you do an awesome job, as well as OMR, Ripple, Bom, Shroomism, CC, gdman, and Trendal. :cheers: Some of the other mods are not even around here much, do not interact with the community at all, and some in one way or another are intertwined into most of the drama that goes down here. :shrug:

Quote:
Open Question:
Is that a good start? anything else you'd like to see?  I'm trying to get a feel of what the users want vs. how I am expect to conduct myself in this position.  I'm not out to be everbodies friend, but I'm also not out to make enemies.



I think it's an awesome idea. Good communication could take care of a lot of problems regarding the mod vs. user mentality. :laugh: :sun:


--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Edited by mattzdope (03/15/06 04:24 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub [Re: CherryBom]
    #5404367 -

Bom, I just have to say I always thought you were a great Pub mod, but your words and conduct in this thread has raised my respect for you much, much higher. You are doing a damn good job seeing both sides of the tracks, and I really appreciate that. Thank you very much!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub [Re: Redstorm]
    #5404856 -

I will always love the idea and ideal of the pub, but MY pub is in the past for the most part. But life is all about change is it not?

I don't post here much anymore I just respond to moderator notifications and scan for rule infractions in a vain attempt to keep things the way they used to be.

When this forum was started BoO and I were the only moderators here, and that was more than was needed. There was nothing but respect and love as it should be, as it was meant to be when Thor started the forum!

Things have changed !


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub [Re: Ripple]
    #5404955 -

Things have changed. This forum has become "OTD lite" and it's partly my fault I think.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5405160 -

its ok randal, we still love you, even if you have made a mess of the pub :wink: :heart:


--------------------
~Earth is the Insane Asylum of the Universe~

A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub [Re: Ripple]
    #5405198 -

Ripple said:
When this forum was started BoO and I were the only moderators here, and that was more than was needed. There was nothing but respect and love as it should be, as it was meant to be when Thor started the forum!



:yesnod:

yep. the pub used to be properly used and run, but that changed somewhere along the trip.


--------------------
Anno cock? Is that some kind of Greek liquer? -Geo's all-knowing sex slave
Scat's way better than mud cause it's warm. -Ythan 4/23/07

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub [Re: daimyo]
    #5405226 -

daimyo said:
Again, if the mods are not mature enough to brush off the "attacks" from "internet bullies", they are unfit to serve.



:geordinod:


--------------------
Anno cock? Is that some kind of Greek liquer? -Geo's all-knowing sex slave
Scat's way better than mud cause it's warm. -Ythan 4/23/07

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub *DELETED* [Re: eric_the_red]
    #5405776 -

Post deleted by blinkidiot

Reason for deletion: Im sorry



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub [Re: blink]
    #5407443 -

if users are bullying, then they are in need of moderation.
what would be the point of having mods if everybody here behaved an never screwed up anything?


--------------------
Anno cock? Is that some kind of Greek liquer? -Geo's all-knowing sex slave
Scat's way better than mud cause it's warm. -Ythan 4/23/07

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub [Re: eric_the_red]
    #5407480 -

the pub rules


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub [Re: eric_the_red]
    #5407488 -

:rules:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Pub vs. OTD
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
CherryBomM 11,132 84 03/11/06 06:11 PM
by CherryBom
* Should I go back to OTD? I'm asking the Pub?
( 1 2 3 all )
bf6 3,391 57 06/09/05 05:12 PM
by Signo
* Hey Pub, I miss you.
( 1 2 3 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 3,089 53 09/22/05 11:12 AM
by Boom
* Ripple: The Aloof Leader Of The Pub
( 1 2 all )
CherryBomM 2,080 35 07/15/05 06:27 PM
by CaRnAgECaNdY
* the pub baby
( 1 2 all )
Senor_Doobie 1,829 28 04/13/05 03:36 PM
by Ripple
* New Pub Mod!
( 1 2 all )
CherryBomM 2,743 27 01/15/06 11:58 PM
by Learyfan
* the pub officially dies
( 1 2 all )
Todcasil 3,018 24 03/01/05 02:28 PM
by adrug
* Hey pubbers! Welcome Zippoz to the pub mod team!
( 1 2 all )
CherryBomM 2,388 23 06/21/06 10:24 AM
by gdman

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
16,184 topic views. 11 members, 9 guests and 173 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 15 queries.