Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: The Pub [Re: CherryBom]
    #5397204 - 03/13/06 11:21 PM (18 years, 20 days ago)

I pop in and post randomly throughout the day.. I like it to see what's going on and such

I'm not a hippy by any means; I am way more of a drinker than a pothead nowadays as it is.  I just like posting here as it gives me something to do while bored.  Also, I've gathered more information here about torrents and DVD burning and things of that nature than anywhere else on the web :grin:

I do believe that enforcement of the rules is selective -- as many have said in this thread, many pub regulars get away with pushing the envelope way more than OTD regulars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#5397270 - 03/13/06 11:35 PM (18 years, 20 days ago)

The Pub is good because there's a lot going on usually, and it has a relaxed atmosphere.

The Pub is bad because of bias in moderating, specifically towards those viewed as OTDers, and dissenters. Another flaw is the flowers and candy attitude/agenda that is pushed. While it is nice to have somewhere that isn't an all out flame war, it sucks when moderators act like 6th grade principals.

To make The Pub better, standardization of moderation would be a step in the right direction.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

OfflineGr8fulJ420
strange but nota stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 0 moco
    #5397418 - 03/14/06 12:21 AM (18 years, 20 days ago)

I like knowing that somewhere, there's somebody smoking a bowl and chillin in the Pub, while I do the same thing. I like seeing pics of pipes and what's been loaded.

I really dig all the deadheads who've managed to find their way here and share their experiences and stories. Krishna mentioned the lyrics... those are always nice :-)

One of the chillest places on the internet.... Where the hell would we all post if we didn't have the Pub???

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
    #5397665 - 03/14/06 02:24 AM (18 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

CherryBom said:
RE: all

Some of you, I find, are being very quick to judge.  You say you want more freedom and less laws, but if your constantly pushing the envelope, there are going to be consequences...you know? 

You say you want the right to have a bad day and tell someone to fuck off, I think you do have that right.  If you go to work and have a shitty day and tell some asshole to fuck off, it's just a thing that happened and no one is going to think twice about it.  If you go to work and tell someone to fuck off for two weeks straight people are going to start thinking you're an asshole with a bad attitude, which might actually be the case given the consistency.

I think it's ok to be crankey and pissy sometimes... hell, I know I am.  I'm know I show it at times, too.  If you want more freedom in the pub, share your cheesy side with us too.  Not just the crankey one.  Show us your pictures of your cat, or baby, or brothers wedding.  Tell us about your new job, your weekend, your girlfriend.

I think the ones who feel singled out are maybe the ones who present themselves negatively?

I asked pillow to edit his post in respect to the discussion at hand and my request in the first post of the thread.  He did and I'm grateful for it.  I think I would have extended the same courtesy to any member, wether they frequent the Pub, OTD, or any other forum. 

Each different moderator does bring a different perspective into the mix.  We all choose our battles differently but I think we all have the same general motives.

Keep telling me things...I like this thread.

:heart:

While there's no need get nasty about things (I moderate at another site--I'm nearly at that place where I'll get myself banned for lashing out at supergay users  :shocked: ), "flaming" and strong convictions expressed in a coherent way shouldn't be "punished" in the interest of oatmeal user interaction.  That sort of "inclusion to the point of being exclusionary" smacks of what books to burn when they make too many people disagree.  :puke:

I understand the mods here have a tough job.  I can sympathize.  I wish this forum would loosen up a bit, though.  I mean, we're all over 18 here.  This site is devoted to disseminating information that is aimed at breaking the law in certain parts of the world. 

Juxtapose that idea to poo pics, for instance. 

What's more harmless? :stoned:

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5397893 - 03/14/06 05:56 AM (18 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

CherryBom said:
Quote:

mattzdope said:
I love posting in the Pub, however it would be nice if certain rules were a little more lenient. Mainly the "No Flaming" rule, because a good insult is needed at times.

:lol:
It sure is. Do you think that the  mods are unfair in their judgment when it comes to reinforcing that rule?

both extremely unfair and heavily biased

I post in both the pub and OTD and try to adhere to the rules of the pub when in here.  Each space is filled with its on mindless dribble so you have to wade through a lot of shit to find a gem.

the pub is a nice place but often some regular members and mods come off as their shit dont stink.

thats not a flame , but a truthful observation.

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
    #5397901 - 03/14/06 06:01 AM (18 years, 20 days ago)

The only thing I dislike is that if somebody is acting like an inbred sheep-fucking retard... I am not allowed to address them appropriately as such.

But meh... otherwise it's cool here.

I have OTD for when I must be blunt to the point of insult

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: The Pub *DELETED* [Re: Konnrade]
    #5397951 - 03/14/06 06:52 AM (18 years, 20 days ago)

Post deleted by blinkidiot

Reason for deletion: Im sorry

--------------------

Edited by blinkidiot (03/14/06 07:06 AM)

InvisibleTYL3R
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: The Pub [Re: blink]
    #5397985 - 03/14/06 07:14 AM (18 years, 20 days ago)

LOL

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: The Pub [Re: Noetical]
    #5398014 - 03/14/06 07:26 AM (18 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

The Noetic Hogan Nip said:
I like the place. It irks me when disagreement is regarded as flaming in here though.

Too often when I log in and check out the recent ban activity do I find myself agreeing with you.

Now, the thing is, because the internet gives way to flame wars easily, I still think there's a good reason why "no flaming" is a rule in the first place..you call someone a shitdick, they call you a fucking asshole, conversation is over, it sounsd like that for the rest of the thread.

But sometimes when I see people getting warned for shit like "are you fucking retarded?" or "why were you acting like such a pussy?" my face looks like this: :what:.  Because I mean...that's how people talk. I don't know about you and your friends, but me and mine like to rag on each other. It is part of the fun of being human to poke fun at each other and rag on each other and curse while we're doing it.  The lack of tone of voice here on the net makes shit tough, though, I suppose.

But in general I post in the Pub because it gives me a good feeling inside, a fuzzy one right between my cock and my navel. These people are my friends and family and I love 'em. It's like no other community on earth here in the Pub. (and I'd say the same about OTD. :tongue:)

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Edited by OneMoreRobot3021 (03/14/06 07:28 AM)

InvisibleTYL3R
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: The Pub [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5398032 - 03/14/06 07:31 AM (18 years, 20 days ago)

:lol:

navel.

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: The Pub [Re: GnuBobo]
    #5398050 - 03/14/06 07:41 AM (18 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

GnuBobo said:

"flaming" and strong convictions expressed in a coherent way shouldn't be "punished" in the interest of oatmeal user interaction.

I agree with this statement 100%.  Strong opinions expressed in an intelligent, coherent manner should defintely NOT be punished.  I think perhaps the biggest issue lays with different moderators having different opinions on what flies and what doesn't.

The fact of the matter is that a lot of people lose thier temper.  One of the biggest hinderances to open communication is anger.  People get worked up and they stop listening to the other person involved and get defensive.  I see this happening at times where it's not necessary to get worked up.

Straight up flaming is rude behavior and I think that's pretty much the most important rule in the Pub.  If you feel the need to have a heated discussion with someone in the Pub, I think that's ok...just do it in such a manner that you don't come off as a close minded, quick tempered, fool.    A discussion works two ways....listen to your opponent.  You would appreciate the same respect.  :wink:

I think that's really what it's all about when it comes down to it.  A little bit of repect.  Coming from moderators and members alike.

--------------------

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5398055 - 03/14/06 07:43 AM (18 years, 20 days ago)

Bom, thats a nice theory but it hasnt been used effectively here

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #5398056 - 03/14/06 07:44 AM (18 years, 20 days ago)

Also, I really don't know how the other mods operate all the time, but I'd like to see more time taken (in the spirit of YOU, Bom, who are so good at this) to send a warning that isn't "official" and talk it out via PM with users.

The membership of the Pub seems to feel more than ever feels as if they are "down there" and we are "up here." You can feel it in the air...the feeling that a stick may come down on one's ehad any moment.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Pub [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5398066 - 03/14/06 07:46 AM (18 years, 20 days ago)

what need to be done(on the mods part) is treat the position like a Job, not letting anything personal get in the way...

the posters however...well, we're all dicks at some point

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
Re: The Pub [Re: goobler]
    #5398077 - 03/14/06 07:49 AM (18 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

goobler said:
what need to be done(on the mods part) is treat the position like a Job, not letting anything personal get in the way...

the posters however...well, we're all dicks at some point

I'm sure I could say something sarcastic involving your use of the words "dick" and "point", but then that would be acting like a dick.

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Pub [Re: Konnrade]
    #5398084 - 03/14/06 07:52 AM (18 years, 20 days ago)

well, you are what you eat.....
:shocked:

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: The Pub *DELETED* [Re: goobler]
    #5398090 - 03/14/06 07:55 AM (18 years, 20 days ago)

Post deleted by blinkidiot

Reason for deletion: Im sorry

--------------------

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Pub [Re: blink]
    #5398135 - 03/14/06 08:21 AM (18 years, 19 days ago)

so what do you do at work?

Offlinerawtoxic
Stranger
Loc: smokey mountains
Re: The Pub [Re: goobler]
    #5398245 - 03/14/06 09:14 AM (18 years, 19 days ago)

I like the pub because you can ask questions and get a serious and funny/sarcastic answers at the same time and everyone is usually level headed.

Invisibleadrug

#5398424 - 03/14/06 10:03 AM (18 years, 19 days ago)

I used to think the pub was overrun by hippies. And it was. But now, it seems a little more balanced. Long live the Pub! :grin:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom