Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |  [ show all ]
Re: The Pub [Re: blink]
    #5404094 -

Not in general. There are some mods I feel have repeatedly abused their position to do away with dissenters, and I look less favorably upon them as members.

But in the end, this site is about information and interaction. If I were to get caught up in the politics and grudges, I might miss something important.


--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub [Re: CherryBom]
    #5404119 -

CherryBom said:
I'm still not too sure what the next step is helping the Pub grow and still making it a welcome, friendly enviroment for as many different people as possible. Maybe there isn't anything at all that can be done? I don't think that is the case, however.





Have a poll, whoever gets 10 votes against them gets demodded.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #5404136 -

I have a certain bias against authoritarian moderators who would like to see people they don't liked forced from the community. That's a shitty deal, there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #5404144 -

I think the first step in refacing The Pub for the better is most certainly an in-house cleaning. A shakeup if you will. Be it by vote, or whatever, some mods have to go before things will improve.


--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub *DELETED* [Re: daimyo]
    #5404150 -

Post deleted by blinkidiot

Reason for deletion: Im sorry



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub [Re: blink]
    #5404153 -

blinkidiot said:
Do you have a bias against mods?



I definitely see this with some people, certain members seem to hold grudges against certain mods and no matter what they do, these certain members will always be bashing these certain mod(s), no matter what. The sad part is, these mods really didn't do anything wrong in the first place, and they probably are quick to react sometimes because they feel bullied and back into a corner, all for no real reason at all. This makes things worse cause now you have mods on edge and reacting to quickly because they are getting bullied by certain members.


--------------------


Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.
         
I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub [Re: blink]
    #5404166 -

Yes, that is a good start. Quite admirable of you. I hope other moderators follow in your path to decency.


--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub [Re: gdman]
    #5404174 -

gdman said:
This makes things worse cause now you have mods on edge and reacting to quickly because they are getting bullied by certain members.



Why not just remove them from modship? People wouldn't be pissed if the mod didn't suck.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #5404175 -

I think mods get removed so rarely because it implies that the administration made a mistake, something they don't like to admit to.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #5404179 -

I agree. If an employee is on edge and cannot make proper judgment calls, they are unfit to serve. A suspension(call it a cooling down period if you like) might work.


--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #5404186 -

In these cases, it's not the mods that suck... they're good mods, but they are apparently targets for internet bullies.


--------------------


Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.
         
I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub [Re: gdman]
    #5404192 -

Again, if the mods are not mature enough to brush off the "attacks" from "internet bullies", they are unfit to serve.


--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub [Re: daimyo]
    #5404199 -

No one deserves to be bullied, easier and better to remove the bullies.


--------------------


Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.
         
I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #5404204 -

gdman, would you be willing to confront some of these members via pm and try and work out some kind of 'compromise of authority'??  I'm not suggesting that you have to make buddies with everyone, that's just completely unrealistic...but just to smooth over some genuine feelings of invalidation?

What I'm hearing from your post is that you feel bullied sometimes, you feel backed into a corner and that puts you on edge.  I don't blame you one bit.  If the bandwagon jumped on me and tried to push me into a corner like that I'm sure I would re-act in a similar fashion.

I'm not sure what a compromise of authority actually is, but that sounds like something that could defintely be in order.  Interpret that statement to suit yourself.  :smile:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub [Re: gdman]
    #5404206 -

Do you think certain moderators don't bully members? It can go both ways.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub [Re: gdman]
    #5404208 -

gdman said:
In these cases, it's not the mods that suck... they're good mods, but they are apparently targets for internet bullies.



flame??


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub [Re: CherryBom]
    #5404210 -

Oh no no no no, not me, I'm talking about other mods...

not naming names, just going on what I observe in the community at large.


--------------------


Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.
         
I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub [Re: CherryBom]
    #5404220 -

Personally, I don't really give a damn if people talk about me, especilly over the net. Though I know people who do care about stuff like that, no names being named :frown:.


--------------------


Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.
         
I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub [Re: gdman]
    #5404235 -

And I notice the mods I speak of aren't posting here... probably because they're afraid they're gonna get flamed by the bandwagon, which would be a pretty safe bet because, like I said, it always happens.


--------------------


Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.
         
I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Pub [Re: gdman]
    #5404236 -

So ban 10 members to keep 1 mod?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Pub vs. OTD
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
CherryBomM 11,133 84 03/11/06 06:11 PM
by CherryBom
* Should I go back to OTD? I'm asking the Pub?
( 1 2 3 all )
bf6 3,391 57 06/09/05 05:12 PM
by Signo
* Hey Pub, I miss you.
( 1 2 3 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 3,089 53 09/22/05 11:12 AM
by Boom
* Ripple: The Aloof Leader Of The Pub
( 1 2 all )
CherryBomM 2,080 35 07/15/05 06:27 PM
by CaRnAgECaNdY
* the pub baby
( 1 2 all )
Senor_Doobie 1,829 28 04/13/05 03:36 PM
by Ripple
* New Pub Mod!
( 1 2 all )
CherryBomM 2,743 27 01/15/06 11:58 PM
by Learyfan
* the pub officially dies
( 1 2 all )
Todcasil 3,018 24 03/01/05 02:28 PM
by adrug
* Hey pubbers! Welcome Zippoz to the pub mod team!
( 1 2 all )
CherryBomM 2,388 23 06/21/06 10:24 AM
by gdman

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
16,184 topic views. 5 members, 8 guests and 149 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.