Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRadiant
Fungi Fanatic
Male User Gallery

Humidity affects Potency
    #5368234 - 03/05/06 06:35 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

Just a quick question does the humidity affect the potency of shrooms like say I had 50%rh and now its 95% would thier be a big difference in potency. Because last grow I got some deformed looking shrooms and they didnt weigh much and didnt make me trip very hard I ate a 1/8 but on the second flush they are heavy and look perfect since I fixed my humidity problem. Also the strain I am working with is equador and I cant seem to get a dark print even though I leave it sitting for 24 hours inside a jar with tyvek am I doing something wrong. Ive tried letting the cap unfold and right after the veil breaks but they all come out faint but still usable it would just be nice to have a darker print though. thanks for all the help out there shroomers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleliloldmeFacebook
( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)つ=D
Other User Gallery

Loc: Zone 8
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Humidity affects Potency [Re: Radiant]
    #5368259 - 03/05/06 06:42 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

hmm, no I really dont think that has anything to do with it, Its all about what substrate you are using to determine the potancy of ur shroomz. as far as the print goes, let it sit alittle longer, like 38.6 hours....

Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

Loc: Selectively breeding the ...
Re: Humidity affects Potency [Re: liloldme]
    #5368264 - 03/05/06 06:45 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

Unless rH plays a role in potency which ive been left outta the loop on.. rH just effects the speed of the grow... keep rH and temps optimal and everything will just go faster.

--------------------
weretheshit.com is the shit!

:-D

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Humidity affects Potency [Re: pcubmycol]
    #5368484 - 03/05/06 07:57 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

The fact is, even with the perfect substrate and the perfect temperature and the perfect terrarium and the perfect love of the most experienced grower, there will be up to a ten-fold difference in actives between individual fruits and from one flush to the next. I have no idea why, but it's a fact. We've all seen it. One batch sends you to Mars, the next sends you to bed early.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Humidity affects Potency [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #5368519 - 03/05/06 08:10 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
The fact is, even with the perfect substrate and the perfect temperature and the perfect terrarium and the perfect love of the most experienced grower, there will be up to a ten-fold difference in actives between individual fruits and from one flush to the next.  I have no idea why, but it's a fact.  We've all seen it.  One batch sends you to Mars, the next sends you to bed early.
RR

YUP...... :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

Re: Humidity affects Potency [Re: agar]
    #5368547 - 03/05/06 08:19 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

On many occasions I have triped with friends where we will eat an equal weight yet one person out of the group will have an over powering trip and another may find that he was slightly let down.

This is why I have came to be very fond of mushroom chocolates. By powdering the mushrooms and mixing an entire batch you even out the potency. Plus the chocolates go down really easy...there is a whole lot less sitting around stareing at each other...then stareing at a pile of mushrooms...then stareing back at each other.

(Nothing new, but it might be for some)

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Offlinemycodetour
Mycologist inTraining

Loc: WA
Re: Humidity affects Potency [Re: musher_420]
    #5368555 - 03/05/06 08:24 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

musher_420 said:there is a whole lot less sitting around stareing at each other...then stareing at a pile of mushrooms...then stareing back at each other.

haha, flashbacks  :hehehe:

md

--------------------
my set up / log

InvisiblePremedman1
Assistant to the insistent
 User Gallery

Loc: South of Sanity
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Humidity affects Potency [Re: mycodetour]
    #5368793 - 03/05/06 09:55 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

Bump your RH as high as possible during the last 24 hours prior to printing. This will help build pressure for a good spore deposit.

--------------------
Build a man a fire, he is warm for the night. Set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life.

Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

Re: Humidity affects Potency [Re: Premedman1]
    #5368844 - 03/05/06 10:08 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Premedman1 said:
Bump your RH as high as possible during the last 24 hours prior to printing. This will help build pressure for a good spore deposit.

Intresting, I've never heard of this before. What's it based on? What pressure are you talking about?

For me I've just always found the biggest difference in getting a good spore deposit was how fully you let your caps mature and how much gas exchange your printing conditions had.

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Humidity affects Potency [Re: musher_420]
    #5369496 - 03/06/06 01:21 AM (18 years, 28 days ago)

i think he's referring to the bernoulli (sp) drop?

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

InvisibleSrirachi
Mold Hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Fare Thee Well.
Re: Humidity affects Potency [Re: coda]
    #5369639 - 03/06/06 02:27 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

It's a Buller drop - here is a post from Agar on the subject of how he gets those mega-dark prints...  Buller Drop Explanation (lest anyone think I actually knew about this before I read it here. :wink:)

OfflineRadiant
Fungi Fanatic
Male User Gallery

Re: Humidity affects Potency [Re: Srirachi]
    #5372154 - 03/06/06 08:00 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

wow thanks for all the info and by the way I tripped on 5 grams of equadors grown off of pf cakes seconnd flush with better humidity and man I tripped hard slight visuals and distorion of my computer screen but mainly a intense really good body high.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract