Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
newbie question
    #533147 - 01/27/02 04:23 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

hi everyone on the board, this is my first post.

i'm gonna start growing in my closet soon, and i only have one closet. so i was wondering, will growing shrooms make my clothes smell nasty? and will having clothes in my closet make contams more frequent even if i'm growing them on the top shelf in a fish tank? all input is appreciated.

--------------------
Religion is for people who are afraid of going to Hell; spirituality is for those who have been there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: newbie question [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #533169 - 01/27/02 04:49 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Hey dude,
First off, they wont make your clothes smell bad...I guess unless you are using manure or something, but that of course is not needed to grow some nice mushrooms.

For incubation, id get a cooler and bleach the shit out of it and then make sure your closet is as dust free as possible. Ive been growing in my closet as well, and to tell you the truth I've only gotten 1 contaminated jar. (knock on wood). Keep your clothes clean and if you open your incubator, try not opening it until a few hours after you've moved your clothes or what not.

Im a newbie cultivator as well and I know how its a little confusing at first, however once you've got down your sterile work ethics down, and get your jars goin', its not that big of an issue to make your shrooms fruit nice and yummy.

Good luck...

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
Re: newbie question [Re: angryshroom]
    #533236 - 01/27/02 06:14 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

thanks for clearing that up for me bro, i just needed to be sure. i cant walk around smelling like a cows ass after all.

but that raises another question for me.

are you saying i should take my clothes out of my closet everytime i check on my shrooms? that would be a pain in the ass. what if had a disenfector or some lysol, and i made sure all dust had settled, or that nothing had been disturbed. do you think if i did that i could bypass taking all the clothes out of my closet?

--------------------
Religion is for people who are afraid of going to Hell; spirituality is for those who have been there.

Offlinechillin48
Re: newbie question [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #533572 - 01/28/02 12:29 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Don't worry about any smell. Your clothes will create a constant flow of new contams to the area, but what can you do. Just buy clorex decam spray and spray down the closet before checking on them. I hope you read this shit. Im sick of responding to threads that no one reads again.

Offlinearkendave
journeyman
Loc: arid desert, Las Cruces, ...
Re: newbie question [Re: chillin48]
    #533579 - 01/28/02 12:35 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I heard ya, and learned somethin brotha.

--------------------
"there's only one, but there's really two............"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds