Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCanisdormit
journeyman
Desiccant question (anhydrous calcium chloride)
    #532926 - 01/27/02 11:55 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I've been all over my city searching for anhydrous calcium chloride, and I can't find it anywhere. Are there any brand names of this stuff I could look for (when I ask store workers for anhydrous calcium chloride, or desiccant, or even for something that takes out the humidity from the air, they look at me like I've asked them what the meaning of life is; they don't have any idea what the hell it is that I'm looking for)?
Also, when I do find some, I have a question about how to actually use it.
I know how to place it in a container with fungus, but does the container have to be air-tight? Would it work just as well if it had a lid that wasn't quite air-tight?

--------------------
If humans are what they eat, I'm just a huuuuuuge mushroom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
Re: Desiccant question (anhydrous calcium chloride) [Re: Canisdormit]
    #532944 - 01/27/02 12:23 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

you can get it it hardware stores. I use damp-rid, I hear drierite works very well too. craft stores have silica gel crystals which are used for drying flowers. the container neds to be air tight! use tupperware. the container must be airtight otherwise the disiccant will draw moisture from outside the drying chamber. seal it

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Desiccant question (anhydrous calcium chloride) [Re: pleezr]
    #532959 - 01/27/02 12:34 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Dri-Z-Air etc.
You can use the silica gel cat litter.
You can also use epson salts. Do a search for epson salts.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Desiccant question (anhydrous calcium chloride) [Re: phrozendata]
    #533124 - 01/27/02 03:51 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Thats epmoM salts. Just type epsom in for your search.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinejalfonso
journeyman

Re: Desiccant question (anhydrous calcium chloride) [Re: Canisdormit]
    #533160 - 01/27/02 04:39 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

where can i buy silica gel. is this a good drying substance? does it wrok. or how about epsom salt does this work?

--------------------
~~ Jeff ~~
=o

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Desiccant question (anhydrous calcium chloride) [Re: jalfonso]
    #533180 - 01/27/02 05:04 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Craft shops usually carry what is called "silica gel flower drying crystals". It can be dried in an oven and reused. Brand names will vary.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineMuShi_KiNg
---------|)
Re: Desiccant question (anhydrous calcium chloride) [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #533411 - 01/27/02 09:46 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

every chemist in the whole wide wild has epsom salts And Almost every grocery store i can think of And i stay In south africa :smile: So i would imagine that it ould be 10 fold easier to get were you live Just bake it in the oven and throw it into your drying chamber  And Wowa :smile: dried mushies

Offlinejalfonso
journeyman

Re: Desiccant question (anhydrous calcium chloride) [Re: MuShi_KiNg]
    #533437 - 01/27/02 10:12 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

whats better epsom salt or silca gel?

let me know and how to use it>

--------------------
~~ Jeff ~~
=o

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale