Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Columbus, Ohio
    #5223237 -

Hey everyone, just wanted to start a thread for people living in Ohio. I'm right around the capital, Columbus. My town is really lame. Not much to do. I'm thinking about hitting up a Dark Star Orchestra show this friday at the Newport Music Hall. I've heard they're excellent. I've really started to like the dead recently so i think i will enjoy it immensely. Anyone going or have been to a show? I think it will be a good environment to spend a night. How long are their shows roughly? I hope to meet lots of "dead heads." From what i hear there aren't many seats at this place so hopefully there will be dancing!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Columbus, Ohio [Re: chaserella]
    #5223269 -

the dark star orchestra imo are the best performance based band today. Every DSO show I've been to (24) have been amazing, everyone of em. god bless those people :gd_icon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Columbus, Ohio [Re: Freeker]
    #5223284 -

Columbus could be worse I guess. Campus and the Short North are pretty interesting. I can usually find something to do on the weekends


--------------------
Check thiz out

..........because I misplaced my umbrella

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Columbus, Ohio [Re: MimeyNaomi]
    #5223298 -

Well i can't really. I live south of Columbus by thirty minutes driving highway speed. Guess where i live!!! Shit town. Thinking about getting some acid at the concert and dropping. I got me some writing to do. I've been writing alot of music lately and i think it's time for a journey. At the end of this long road, i will write a song for all of you!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Columbus, Ohio [Re: chaserella]
    #5223311 -

im guessing ur near grovecity maybe? im an columbus boy myself too... live in powell... westerville area, actually closer to delaware


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Columbus, Ohio [Re: Banez]
    #5223319 -

Columbus suburbs suck, don't they? I don't live in one, but I got people in my career center from the burbs and they bitch about them all the time

And I work in New Albany and it sure sucks


--------------------
Check thiz out

..........because I misplaced my umbrella

Edited by MimeyNaomi (01/25/06 08:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Columbus, Ohio [Re: MimeyNaomi]
    #5223332 -

yeah i dont like new albany much, im always hanging out in the short north and on campus thou.. i actually live right off high street just about 20 mins from campus lol.. but yeah i dont mind it too much


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Columbus, Ohio [Re: chaserella]
    #5223366 -

I'm about 40 minutes SW of Columbus, around Dayton.

The one DSO show I went to in MI was freaking awesome! Godd crowd and great music. I was looking at hitting up that show, but I won't know if it's a possibility until prolly Friday.


--------------------
live free or die

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Columbus, Ohio [Re: WoodsCall]
    #5223508 -

Seems like a plan. Anyone been to the Newport Music Hall? How is it? Relatively cleen? Is the security there strict. I mean are there searches or is it pretty relaxed?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Columbus, Ohio [Re: chaserella]
    #5223541 -

Checking in from campus here :wink:.

My parents also live in the C-bus area though, in reynoldsburg.


--------------------
Radio is down for a day or two to transfer all my music, and do some other work.

"Light, coming from my mind. We are one, the night has just begun"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Columbus, Ohio [Re: chaserella]
    #5223684 -

chaserella said:
Seems like a plan. Anyone been to the Newport Music Hall? How is it? Relatively cleen? Is the security there strict. I mean are there searches or is it pretty relaxed?



Newport's good, it's always clean at the beginning but you can still get puked on..I've experienced different levels of security, at an MSI concert everyone got searched [I had to run and leave my bowl in the car and almost lost my place in line] but at most others they don't.


--------------------
Check thiz out

..........because I misplaced my umbrella

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Columbus, Ohio [Re: MimeyNaomi]
    #5238320 -

I've always complained about columbus/ohio in general, even though my lazy ass hasn't gotten out to see half of it yet.

In the last year I've come to appreciate it more ... but then again it probably really helps that what I've seen of it is nothing.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Columbus, Ohio [Re: abhi]
    #5238711 -

aje said:
I've always complained about columbus/ohio in general, even though my lazy ass hasn't gotten out to see half of it yet.

In the last year I've come to appreciate it more ... but then again it probably really helps that what I've seen of it is nothing.



I'm helping, aren't I? This summer we should see Shakespeare in the Park


--------------------
Check thiz out

..........because I misplaced my umbrella

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Columbus, Ohio [Re: chaserella]
    #5238965 -

columbus ohigho

I dont mind it here. I grew up around dayton. Now that place sucks.


--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Columbus, Ohio [Re: chaserella]
    #5239163 -





--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Columbus, Ohio [Re: daimyo]
    #5239261 -

I was at both nights of DSO this weekend.

good times :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Columbus, Ohio [Re: seethe303]
    #5240133 -

Cleveland is ok.... better then cinci.


--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Columbus, Ohio [Re: baraka]
    #5240241 -

Yeah, Cincinnati sucks and is vertigo-inducing. At least Cleveland has nice parks, and a sweet museum, and Little Italy


--------------------
Check thiz out

..........because I misplaced my umbrella

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Columbus, Ohio [Re: daimyo]
    #5240294 -

i is from cleveland, respect

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Columbus, Ohio [Re: baraka]
    #5240297 -

i grew up around dayton as well, and lived there until i was maybe 12

haven't been to columbus in years, though


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* ...ohio
( 1 2 all )
herelittlepiggy 1,245 26 12/12/08 05:29 PM
by Cognitive_Shift
* Anybody live in Cleveland, Ohio? cinderblock 375 10 06/25/16 01:00 AM
by Othyem
* Who knows Ohio like the back of of their hand? Patlal 387 5 09/13/12 05:01 PM
by Patlal
* Cleveland and Akron from an outsider's POV cinderblock 1,413 19 08/10/16 10:24 AM
by Maroon
* Issue 3 in Ohio: Marijuana Legalization. On Ballot November 3rd
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
JonBongGroovy 4,929 91 11/04/15 12:37 PM
by jewunit
* Ohio School shooter curses at and flips off families at sentencing,wears "killer" shirt
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Deadkndys420 4,508 81 03/20/13 01:11 PM
by circularvortex
* Thinking of relocating to Cleveland or Buffalo
( 1 2 all )
cinderblock 1,437 20 10/13/16 01:16 AM
by Repertoire89
* cleveland easter massacre
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Connoisseur 2,470 83 04/21/17 10:16 AM
by LuSiD enthusiast

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,616 topic views. 3 members, 15 guests and 131 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.