Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
cognitive-behavioral therapy
    #5199405 -

Has any one here ever had this before? Im curious about it.

Right now Im taking 15mg of Buspar twice a day. I find it works pretty good, but some times it seems like I never even took it.

I have tried various other meds in the past, and while some of them sure are cool (xanax) I really do not care to injest some pill for the rest of my life.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cognitive-behavioral therapy [Re: moosehead]
    #5201514 -

If cognitive behavioral therapy is analyzing your thoughts logically to understand your mood.. yes I've tried it. Just a few seconds ago, infact. I do it most of the time.


--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cognitive-behavioral therapy [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #5202489 -

yeah, I thought it was something cool when i first read about it.

then my when i talked to mom later (she is a therapist) she was like, thats what I do. I was like, what the fuck. Thats dumb.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cognitive-behavioral therapy [Re: moosehead]
    #5203116 -

I had a few papers written into one of my lectures on anxiolytic drugs. If you're interested I'm sure someone with institutional access will grab them for you.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query...6694&query_hl=1

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query...2134&query_hl=8

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query...670&query_hl=10


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cognitive-behavioral therapy [Re: moosehead]
    #5203761 -

moosehead said:
yeah, I thought it was something cool when i first read about it.

then my when i talked to mom later (she is a therapist) she was like, thats what I do. I was like, what the fuck. Thats dumb.



It's not dumb. You are defined by your character, which is constantly evolving and changing based on your experiences. Those who consider their actions and the world around them from a logical, moral point of view are likely to be either good or evil. Atleast they're something and they know it. I find that many people think they're something, but when worst comes to worst, their true colors shine and they are oh so different than what they try to express to theirself and others. The paradigm of life effects our thoughts and actions. You can be a slave to you illusionary conception of things and not even realize it. Sometimes you have to stop, wait a minute, and figure things out. Keep a cool head and look at what's in front of you. Just be there and truly see stuff. Analyze, criticize, exercise your knowledge.

Why do you think you're on meds? Because you have a chemical imbalance? Please..


--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cognitive-behavioral therapy [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #5206130 -

Cognitive Therapy is amazing. It works and people don't know about it yet because it defies what the steretypical therapist does. Try it, it works.

I reccomend
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0879800...=books&v=glance

It's great and if you take it to heart it will change the way you think.


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cognitive-behavioral therapy [Re: freddurgan]
    #5208811 -

my dad is a doctor, my moms a therapist and i know counslers and psychiatrists though my parents (friends of family).

they for sure have insights, and it can be interesting, but its nothing special.

i dont really care if i have a medical imbalance or not. to act as if something like that is silly comes off as quite stupid though. for now the drug that i am taking has made my life easier than it ever has been.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cognitive-behavioral therapy [Re: moosehead]
    #5208824 -

Well nobody said medical imbalances were silly. They are real and medication can assuredly be used effectively alongside some sort of cognitive-behavioral approach.


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cognitive-behavioral therapy [Re: moosehead]
    #5208977 -

I just think it's a moot point when you say that you take meds for a chemical imbalance. You wouldn't have such an imbalance if you ate right and exercised and had a life with lots of laughter + fun. It's just a circumstance of your way of living - nothing is off balanced. Your brain is perfectly capable of functioning if you make it function.


--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cognitive-behavioral therapy [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #5210003 -

See that makes sense, but how do you know for sure what is causing an imbalance? Can your environment and cognitive schemas really effect chemical brain processes?


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cognitive-behavioral therapy [Re: freddurgan]
    #5213305 -

Yeah. I was reading a scientific article on meditation where they got some buddhist monks to meditate and other normal people. The monks could do it better + more easily. Their brains and even their bodies adapt to their peaceful state. It's the same with everyone. Your mind and body are one in the same. They effect eachother on every level, so you can't really seperate them in considering why you feel how you feel.

I've experienced a definite change during the times when I've done nothing but aim high during every moment of my waking hours. I went a few weeks where I was working out 2 or 3 times a day while maintaining a balance, both in my thoughts and in my body (chakras and stuff, which I do beleive in). I can say for a fact that, during that time, I was capable of things that I'm just unable to do right now. It's an every day thing to maintain a state of contentment. You have to want it all the time. You have to see how empty everything is and fill it up with your desire. Everything becomes so much richer that way.

I'm taking these next few days off just to aim for this goal once again. I just took a run on the beach, stretched, and did a little bit of working out. I became so peaceful after stretching that I just fell asleep on the ground outside for about 15 minutes. I can feel myself so off balanced and I really got something back today after the run. It was just the whole experience of adventuring.. just walking outside of my house and going somewhere. I ended up being out for 4 hours and it was a great time.

Ofcourse your whole life can't be like this, but you need to realize that all it takes is that little bit of hope to keep you going. That's when you can feel like shit, but not even focus on it at all because you still have a desire to keep going. I'm learning more and more to counter my negative thoughts and keep things positive. Everything stays with you.. just keep on trying and you can make progress.


--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cognitive-behavioral therapy [Re: freddurgan]
    #5214670 -

Yes, your brain chemistry is altered by your mood, your lifestyle, diet. But all those don't ensure you protection from depression or mental illness--genetics play a role.


--------------------
You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.
-- Booker T. Washington

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* TAlking to a therapist over the net Mickel 1,688 8 05/25/03 04:48 PM
by Mickel
* Going to see a Therapist AJ4U 2,050 14 02/19/07 05:32 PM
by AJ4U
* Social Anxiety
( 1 2 all )
AA2277 11,606 35 05/20/18 04:55 AM
by scarecrow3004
* The third largest psychological problem in the world
( 1 2 3 all )
Fungi_x 11,674 44 06/01/04 10:32 AM
by MOTH
* Self defeating thoughts...
( 1 2 all )
perceptionist 3,024 22 07/21/12 07:20 AM
by weonlycut
* antisocial
( 1 2 all )
Silversoul 3,542 38 03/06/05 03:59 AM
by Locus
* OCD Anonymous 1,526 8 09/02/08 06:52 PM
by rba
* i'm a pussy - i'm lost it and i'm scared
( 1 2 3 all )
Ego Death 5,844 48 01/15/07 10:31 AM
by WhiskeyClone

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
1,521 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 15 queries.