Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
The stigma of drugs
    #5191950 -

This is something I've been thinking about for a long time now. I don't want this thread to turn into a flame fest, I want this to be an open adult discucsion, remember kids, this is the pub. I was going to put this in the vet's lounge, because I want it to stay somewhere where people can see it, and so that it doesn't get jacked and shat on, however I also wanted to give everyone acess to it, to share their ideas.

I think that within this community there is a stigma that comes with hard drugs. I'm talking cocaine, heroin, even dxm, actually I could almost incorporate any non-hallucinagin.

I find that people here like to voice their negative opinions about these drugs and those that use them very often. I noticed that in ODD if someone asks about cocaine or heroin (what have you) they are chastised for doing the drug, their questions are often unanswered and if that were me, I sure as hell would not be asking again, nor admiting to my use.

I know that we are a community dedicated to the intelligent use of psychadellics, with the purpose to share information about them and learn from our experiences. However, we ARE a drug related community and we DO have users that do other drugs. We have users that do these "stigmatic" drugs, we have users addicted to them and I bet it would be a hell of alot easier for them to deal with their addiction, if they knew they could come here for help with out worrying what the community would think of them. I am not saying that there are not people within the community that DO offer help, I'm not saying that at all, but there are some people that do make it awful uncomfortable for others.

I know that some people have openly admitted their use, but I know alot of people haven't because of the stigma. Dark_Star's current situation brought this idea to a boiling point in my mind.

So all I'm saying is think about this, we are a community, we are a community comprised primarily of drug users, we all have our own demons to battle and drugs are drugs. Please help each other, even if you do not agree with their actions.


--------------------
~Earth is the Insane Asylum of the Universe~

A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

Edited by Gillette (01/17/06 05:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The stigma of drugs [Re: Gillette]
    #5191961 -

This should be stickied in ODD. :smile: :thumbup:


--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The stigma of drugs [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #5191962 -

If I can cross post it into ODD I will, however I put it in the pub because it has the most traffic.


--------------------
~Earth is the Insane Asylum of the Universe~

A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The stigma of drugs [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #5191973 -

SHUTUP JUNKIE!!



j/k :smile:


I agree.  Seems like there's been a decent amount of posts lately about "harder" drugs and people who use them.  Definately a negative undertone goes on against people who use them.  Good post Gillette!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The stigma of drugs [Re: Gillette]
    #5191977 -

I think a lot of times the people that come off as harsh have been there before. They are the ones that were addicts, or have watched close friends become addicts. I'll be the first to say if someone wants to flush their life down the shitter with drugs, that's their business. But I think the people that have been there, and done that, should let the new users know the risks.

It can get out of control every now and then, but not nearly as out of control as the life of an addict. Sure, if someone asks how to cook up crack they should get some competent information, but they should also realize that there are people here who have abused crack and know what it's like to be an addict loser. Those people are going to voice their distaste for the substance in an attempt to save a couple years of someone's life.

I guess what I'm saying is, starting down a path towards addiction should not be made comfortable. The information they seek is out there, but like the road they are choosing, getting to the end requires some hard knocks.


--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The stigma of drugs [Re: Gillette]
    #5192001 -

Well in general people that abuse meth, heroin or coke are not the type of characters I would normally associate with. They are a bit...how you say, "sketchy". I think the image people carry around of a cokehead, meth addict, or heroin junkie is incredibly negative for a reason: those drugs will fuck you up in a variety of ways and addiction isn't pretty.

Imagine there were a bb about fire, and someone came in asking questions about what it felt like to touch fire. The response would be "NO YOU MORON, DON'T DO THAT, ITS BAD FOR YOU! YOU'LL GET BURNED". I think its the same deal here. Some drugs can be very dangerous and when they're brought up the initial response is to tell the person not to play around with them or they'll get burned. The Cons far outweigh the Pros. I realize an inquisitive person is going to play with fire or try whatever drugs they desire, but at some point during or after the experience hopefully they're realize why there were such stern warnings attached to it.

-edit for spelling

Edited by TheDude (01/17/06 06:54 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The stigma of drugs [Re: Gillette]
    #5192014 -

The whole point of this message board, it seems to me, should be to encourage education about any substance that you have questions about. If you then decide to use it, you'll be educated and able to do it. People that judge others by what substance they put in their bodies are very narrow-minded. If someone wants to do heroin, reads about it, asks about it here and is given all of the information, positive and negative, about heroin use, then it's their educated, informed decision as to what to do. I know people that do all sorts of drugs and I don't base my evaluation of that person on the substances that they choose to use. Of course, I don't let people that I know smoke crack borrow large amounts of money from me either.


--------------------
"I have never, in all my life, not for one moment, been tempted toward religion of any kind. The fact is that I feel no spiritual void. I have my philosophy of life, which does not include any aspect of the supernatural."
Isaac Asimov

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The stigma of drugs [Re: MisterMyco]
    #5192023 -

drugs are bad kids.


--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The stigma of drugs [Re: TheDude]
    #5192025 -

i agree with the dude and daimyo man fuck addictive drugs, ciggarettes especially, alcohal included (only if youre an alcohalic, its not highly addictive i used to drink like a madman, but now rarely ever). Curiousity kills the cats who use addictive drugs. And people should deffinately know what theyre getting into ive seen a lot of my friends turn to crack, herion, coke etc. Its not cool keep it psychadelic and of course THC. They express happy thoughts, even X i hear. I got good friends that are addicted to a lot of shit, and really they dont need that crap quite frankly, noone does.


--------------------
if growing shrooms was legal itd be my favorite subject in school. . .if only. . .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The stigma of drugs [Re: kingofthemtn151]
    #5192045 -

By saying these drugs are fucking stupid, we mean it and usually have directly seen what they do. Its the truth, first time you do crack and meth, youre addicted. Dont even be curious about them. ive heard people refer to meth as euphoric. . .thats may be the truth till you come down. Any info that tells you about the effects is often gonna be bull, theyre strictly addiction driven drugs trying to put money into some scumbags pocket. dont touch them please i beg you


--------------------
if growing shrooms was legal itd be my favorite subject in school. . .if only. . .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The stigma of drugs [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #5192048 -

mattzdope said:
This should be stickied in ODD. :smile: :thumbup:




--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The stigma of drugs [Re: TheDude]
    #5192057 -

i don't really think you can stereotype every heroin junkie as "sketchy"...

life is hard.
we find ways to deal with it.
you have your way.
i have mine.

some embrace loneliness, some escape it.

i have had my go with depression and drugs you
may consider questionable.

my morals have remained steadfast.

the last thing i want is to ever harm another person.
i know what it is like to hate myself fully and without question.
i would never want another person to be the target of my hate...

i am quite sure you didn't mean that post in a negative way,
but perhaps you should give the person a chance.

they are lonely.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The stigma of drugs [Re: WeAreAllOne]
    #5192083 -

drugs are bad mmmk

I think most of those drugs have a bad stigma for a reason. Addiction is nasty, happens easier then expected, and is evil.

DXM... welll... that stuff just sucks.

I smoke pot everyday multiple times a day. Im sure people would down on me and im sure i have a bias but...


--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The stigma of drugs [Re: WeAreAllOne]
    #5192094 -

but weareallone. . . dont these drugs just make you feel lonlier and colder? dont think im arrogant i know lonliness quite well and the feelings depression may bring. But if during these stages of my life i tried these drugs, i think that would just dig my hole deeper. Look at kurt kobain for example. I miss him just by listening to his music. . .


--------------------
if growing shrooms was legal itd be my favorite subject in school. . .if only. . .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The stigma of drugs [Re: WeAreAllOne]
    #5192104 -

WeAreAllOne said:
i don't really think you can stereotype every heroin junkie as "sketchy"...



That's why I started my paragraph with "Well in general...", I know I was making a generalization and that there are exceptions to every rule.


--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The stigma of drugs [Re: kingofthemtn151]
    #5192107 -

kingofthemtn151 said:
but weareallone. . . dont these drugs just make you feel lonlier and colder?



No they feel like your closes freind when I am down on myself.

EDIT: Also I agree and disagree at the same time. I think they should get all the information they ask for. But also if the questions are getting answered I think they should hear the ugly side of that particular drug.


--------------------
yawn...
SG

Edited by Stonerguy (01/17/06 06:19 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The stigma of drugs [Re: Stonerguy]
    #5192175 -

I won't rag on someone unless I've been there. Period. While I'm never really intentionally mean, some people need to see the harsh reality of someone's that's been there and learned from mistakes that ANYBODY is better off not making.


--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The stigma of drugs [Re: Jadian]
    #5192181 -

Jadian said:
I won't rag on someone unless I've been there



*hypocrite


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The stigma of drugs [Re: Stonerguy]
    #5192187 -

I was a 1,4-butanediol addict for 4 years and it was quite an eye-opener. Both for me, my family and my myriad of friends who mostly stick to psychedelic substances. But it was worth going through the experience to know what losing one's Will actually means. IMO most sheople are addicted to something be it t.v., or other media, junk food, asparatame, MSG etc. and ad nauseum. The notion of addiction is a very tricky thing to grasp. My good friend runs the Ibogaine clinic (formerly sponsored by Marc Emery) and i was to be the first person to go through for cigarette addicition. I could not proceed under the regimine they had set up because I did really bad coke once and had a heart attack from the cutting agent! I do cocaine maybe thrice a decade. Anyhow, she see's lots of folks who are addicted to just about anything, there is no common thread.
So most people i know work from a Harm Reduction perspective, allowing the free flow of information as to what various substances do and the best ways to do them safely but after that...it's up to the individual. No one can 'tell' someone else what a substance is going to do their lives. The people have to live it themselves. You can't or won't get very far on other people's experience.
lancifer


--------------------
A map of the world that does not include Utopia is not worth glancing at. O.Wilde

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The stigma of drugs [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #5192192 -

HELLA_TIGHT said:
Jadian said:
I won't rag on someone unless I've been there



*Jesus




Oh come on now, you flatter me.


--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Because of drugs... PDU 1,249 12 10/15/03 01:25 AM
by Strumpling
* Alternative sexuality, drugs, and stigma tomk 1,418 4 11/24/04 07:55 PM
by JCoke
* Drug Test Your Teen Dot Com carbonhoots 5,696 12 01/02/04 02:16 AM
by Anno
* Drugs are needed for our society to continue...
( 1 2 all )
DailyPot 6,584 23 03/06/17 09:13 PM
by triphead9428
* Should I tell my parents about my drug use?
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 4,433 22 03/16/04 05:24 PM
by Gus
* Ever hotbox your kids?
( 1 2 3 all )
YouInfoIt 8,691 54 10/23/08 10:40 AM
by Brainiac
* So Geokills, what kind of drugs do you do?
( 1 2 all )
Grandpa 4,633 23 09/16/03 01:47 PM
by NapkinOfDoom
* Some stuff. It's about drugs. Phluck 2,744 17 07/14/23 10:51 AM
by theRealrollforever

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
9,248 topic views. 6 members, 8 guests and 159 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.