Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEaTmEKiDs
journeyman

new post with pics gimme some insight!?!?!?
    #512149 - 01/06/02 02:11 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

OK, listen to this and tell me what u think!
I bought the Magic Soulfood Machine from http://www.mushroommagic.com/sfm.htm. Now the machine is inside of the glovebox that is 45 gal (abt 3ft x 2ft). The lid is a regular lid to the box that i cut a 6in x 12in sqaure in, and put a piece of thick ass plastic (pallet wrap). Now the box itself has a computer fan with a soda bottle covering it and sealed off with silicon glue. At the spout of the bottle i put a piece of bio filter doused in H2O2 (Hydrogen Peroxide) to make sure the air flow was clean coming into the glovebox. now i have another hole directly on the oppositte side of the fan for the air to escape, but i also coverd that with a bio filter. For the arms holes i used pvc connecting pipe pieces. Now connected to the arm holes i have the flexible air duct pipes that u usually have in ur house. At the end of the flex pipe i have nice thick rubber gloves attached securely. OK, inside the glovebox is the souldfood machine (16in x 16in). For the souldfood machine i did exactly what they told me to do in the instructions. I sterlized everything in oven bags. at the bottom of the soulfood machine i have perlite, then i have the grow media on top of that. I injected it with the subsrate and then put the lid of the soulfood machine back on. The lid has many holes in it so i wasn't too sure abt it so thats what made me decide to make the glovebox. I'll take pics tomorrow to post up here and show everyone. I just feel like i'm missen something so i'd thought i'd ask the best and thats why i'm here! So PLZ!!!!! give me ur insight and tell me if i am missen anything or if i should improve on anything. THX FOR THE HELP GUYS!!!!
here r those pics i was talkin abt
armholes

the fan sux air in thru this filter (bio disc)

this is direct opposite of the fan to let air out

arm holes sealed inside

gloves atteched to the flex tube for full arm movement

top window view of the glovebow with the soulfood machine inside

this is the soulfood machine inside the glovebox
now what u think?

--------------------
?{???}?
Heres lookin at you kid!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: new post with pics gimme some insight!?!?!? [Re: EaTmEKiDs]
    #512158 - 01/06/02 02:18 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

It kind of looks like overkill. But I am interested in seeing how the SFM performs in a clean enviroment. Good luck.

OfflinePsilocyman
    #512169 - 01/06/02 02:32 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I would like to start out by saying somthing positive. It looks like you have good ideas. And this will be a good learning experiance.
Imediate suggestions-You are using negative air force for your filter. You should be pumping clean air in. Not drawing air through your system. Pumping. That way, clean air leaks out. Not dirty air leaks in. That way, if it does leak, it wont matter.

Long term. Lose the soulfood machine. Stop trying to use straw. Brown rice are much more potent anyway. Go pf tek.
I bought one of these as a first atempt. Failed. Then went pf style. Sucess. Tried straw again. Failed. Tried pf tek again, more great sucess. So may reasons to drop this and go with pf. Am to tired to go into detail right now.

When I did the soulfood, I used a spore syringe and petri dish. Then took piece of mycelium on agar and inoced rye grain. Then i dumped rye onto "grow media." Which if it is the same, it is straw. The straw contamed. I failed at this twice. Hope you dont.
But I am not positive of what you mean by you injected the grow media. But I have an idea.
Anyway, magic makes it sound so simple for a newb to do this.
But pf is ten times simpler, and leaves you with more options.

Good thing about soulfood. They five you good casing material. You get a cool giant fish tank.

OfflineFatSean
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #512220 - 01/06/02 03:20 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Pepsi twist sucks.

Invisiblefuzzysquirelnuts
veteran
Loc: souhwest us
    #512223 - 01/06/02 03:22 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

the glove box looks good to go but i think thats kind of rediculous if you have to make one for a kit but as for the guy saying go pf tek....casing is way better than pftek by far so if you can get that to work without out contam it will yield alot higher than just cakes but dung ius better than straw in my opinion (doesnt contam as easy and produces more potent mushies than straw or grains)

i believe someone had an impressive pics of some cubes growing straight from straw but that was awhile back

back to the glove box good job and looksfine as is(i dont think it really matters which way the fan faces as long as any holes are well sealed or covered by a good filter

--------------------
were all retarded sometimes

OfflineEaTmEKiDs
journeyman

Re: new post with pics gimme some insight!?!?!? [Re: fuzzysquirelnuts]
    #512238 - 01/06/02 03:48 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

the only reason i made it for a kit was because in the instructions for the kit it was real vague towards describing how to sterilize the whole inoculation step, so the best way i could think of doing it that i should have no probs was with the glovebox, correct?!?! otherwise i would lined the lid of the SFM with bio filters but it was the inoculating step i was really worried abt. i dunno but i'ms put pix and posts as the days go by plz come back and keep checkin up on the process. thanx guys, it just as fun for u as is it for me so thank u!

--------------------
?{???}?
Heres lookin at you kid!

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: new post with pics gimme some insight!?!?!? [Re: Psilocyman]
    #512249 - 01/06/02 04:02 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Do you honestly believe that the PF Tek is better than straw??

NO WAY.

Check out the threads around here (search "straw") about the straw teks. Most modern method seems to be to use jar(s) of fully colinized PF style mycelium (grounded to a powder via a blender) and mixed in with pasterized straw. Simple, effective, fast and stronger.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

OfflineEaTmEKiDs
journeyman

Re: new post with pics gimme some insight!?!?!? [Re: Jammer]
    #512254 - 01/06/02 04:09 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

i actually heard that a blender was bad for the cakes and alot of people said even crumbling them with ur hand dint even work that well. on top of that i did the pf tek like 4 times, 1 time i crumbled the cakes and tried casing with them and it dint even colonize and i was under pretty sterile conditions. i'm gonna post my progress so we'll see...

--------------------
?{???}?
Heres lookin at you kid!

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
    #512876 - 01/07/02 03:11 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Check out my Hay tray via blender tek pics under the pic section. My first try and great success.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

OfflineDinoMyc
Ipsa scientiapotestas est
    #513033 - 01/07/02 09:20 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

have you ever grown before?
you may have success with this, but you are much better off starting with MMGG and starting to read GGMM and TMC (staments), then moveing on to grain/rye, perhaps with expantion, and caseing..
good luck..

--------------------
If I made affront, I apologize.
If I made affirmation, I apologize.
I merely came to listen, came to say.

OfflineEaTmEKiDs
journeyman

Re: new post with pics gimme some insight!?!?!? [Re: DinoMyc]
    #513130 - 01/07/02 11:41 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

i grew 3 times in jars prior to this and 2 times casing, 5 all togethor, the casing always fucked up so i made the glovebox and got teh SFM. i blended to cakes 1 time and crushed em up the other time. niethor worked. the jars always worked for me tho.

--------------------
?{???}?
Heres lookin at you kid!

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: new post with pics gimme some insight!?!?!? [Re: Joshua]
    #513410 - 01/07/02 03:48 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Well Joshua, you seem to have a couple of skeptics out there (not me). Your "hay" thread now seems to have a diferent title "update 1/4" - I believe it now says.... ' so it's dificult to find now when searching.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

OfflineEaTmEKiDs
journeyman

Re: new post with pics gimme some insight!?!?!? [Re: ]
    #513643 - 01/07/02 08:06 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

when do u think i should see some activity?!?!?

--------------------
?{???}?
Heres lookin at you kid!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck