Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineK0r
breakbeat flyer
Male

Loc: canada ontario
glovebox q and q
    #578237 - 03/13/02 09:36 PM (22 years, 11 days ago)

i am about to build a glove box.

i want to know the easiest way of stearlizing and achiveing continued steralizeation inside the box while introducing and housing the spores and mycillium to achive good clean fruits and extremely clean prints and syringes

perhapps some sort of sliding door even a double chamberd gb with some filters for the removal of contams previous to introduction to the "work area" of the gb so you introduce the specimines into the one chamber pump some fresh air through a couple filters and after a time ?? ( probably depends on the volume of the "sterilizeation chamber") transfer them in to the "work area" via some sort of sliding airtight door

so if this tek is as solid as it is in my head (not likely) then how would i create a door with an airtight seal ?

and if you see any problems with this tek please pick my brain and my idea apart id like to make this motherfucker once and have it perfect

as allways any comments or sugestions on how to perfect or modify this setup are as allways greatly aprecieated and fully welcomed

thanks

--------------------
--== I'd much rather be judged by 12 than carried by six ==--

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecookiewhore
enthusiast
Re: glovebox q and q [Re: K0r]
    #578345 - 03/14/02 12:15 AM (22 years, 11 days ago)

get yourself a hepa filter. i got one from walmart for $60 cdn.. build this into the side of your box. it works very well.
it also has a build in ionizer (big deal...but it has it..haha)

OfflineK0r
breakbeat flyer
Male

Loc: canada ontario
Re: glovebox q and q [Re: cookiewhore]
    #578354 - 03/14/02 12:27 AM (22 years, 11 days ago)

yea i think the big problem for me is gona be constructing a perfectly airtight slideing door

--------------------
--== I'd much rather be judged by 12 than carried by six ==--

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #578378 - 03/14/02 01:10 AM (22 years, 11 days ago)

the money your about to spend...u should just make a laminar flowhood.

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Offlinecookiewhore
enthusiast
    #578625 - 03/14/02 09:48 AM (22 years, 10 days ago)

Why would you need a perfectly air tight sliding door?
if you have an airflow going into your flowhood, then nothing is going to come IN, becuase the pressure inside will be higher, and the air will flow out (and not let contams in)
look at a commercial flowhood. they have a huge hepa at the back of the unit, and the front of the unit is only a 1/2 sheet of glass, allowing the bottom 1/2 for your work (with the filter blowing towards you.
do a search for a commercial flow hood.
search musroom cultivation for "flow hood" and look for a post by cookiewhore, you'll see mine.
it has a flap door at the end, and 2 armholes cut. the flap is for putting stuff in, and the armholes are for obviously working through. haha
you want a tight seal around your hepa, and the lid though.
my lid is plastic.. but it could be anything. plexiglass would work nicely.
just depends on how you wanna build it, what you will be doing in it..
etc

Offlinecookiewhore
enthusiast
Re: glovebox q and q [Re: 40oz]
    #578627 - 03/14/02 09:49 AM (22 years, 10 days ago)

heh, i thought thats what he was doing, but on closer inspection, it isnt

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #579391 - 03/15/02 04:03 AM (22 years, 9 days ago)

didnt you post this same question like a couple days ago???

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
    #579632 - 03/15/02 11:37 AM (22 years, 9 days ago)

i have a cardboard box with the 4 flaps for the top. cut a direct rectangle in it about 12x8 and put a 1/8" plexiglass sheet at 14x10 over it. i affixed it via duct tape to only ONE of teh flaps and so you fold 1 side down; then the side adjacent to the plexiglass; then the plexiglass folds over the 2 flaps ad finally over that is the the frontside flap (one closest to me [where im woking]) and that has duct tape 'flaps' to secure the folds down well. i have holes cut in the sides for my hands; no gloves or anything.
i dont sterilize it either; just get a paper towel and alcohol and wipe down the inside sparingly; i should wipe it down good but i dont think its necessary. just i keep my bottle of alcohon inside teh box while working (its good sizze) along with syringes and jars and a stack of napkins. just alcohol whatever youre immediately using (syringe scalpel etc...) and dont let it touch anything.
a glovebox and flowhood are 2 different things; i think. flowhood creates positive pressure with sterile air to blow outward; making contam penetration into the environment impossible. a glovebox to me simply reduces/eliminates outside draft and eliminates teh chance of a mold spore falling from the air into your project. having the alcohol bottle open at all times and alcohol on 1 or 2 napkins seems to let it evaporate in the air and kil airborne contams. maybe not; maybe my air is just very clean but either way i inocculated like 45 units (unit being 1/2 pint; some jars were pint and quart) of rye with puerto ricans yesterday and are incubating now. ill be posting results of this project for sure; this ones gonna be huge! huge tom huge! hehe
peace.

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures