Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Laminar Flow Hood, Petri Dish

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Glovebox critiscism/questions?
    #940900 - 10/07/02 08:11 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

Just curious on how I would go about presterilizing inside of a glovebox. Also I plan on designing a posetive pressure glovebox but my box isnt really airtight is this good for + pressure so the air can leak out of the top? also presterilization just consist of loading materials inside glove box then covering with lysol and waiting 5-10 minutes and everything thats flame sterilized do it before it goes into box and wrap in tin foil so i can avoid a flash fire? Can anyone help me on this subject. Yes i know a laminar flow hood would be nice but all of us can afford to shellout that kind of cash at least not yet.

Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: Florida, USA
Re: Glovebox critiscism/questions? [Re: socratesmind]
    #941227 - 10/07/02 10:25 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

LOL. i dont think i know either.....do you have a pic on the glovebox?? like is it homemade or you bought it??  :confused: 

Super Human HipHop Head
Loc: La La Land
Re: Glovebox critiscism/questions? [Re: socratesmind]
    #941323 - 10/07/02 11:23 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

I understood everything you said. It all seems correct. The only thing I would do different is try and flame sterilize your toold while they are in the box. As long as you don't use a ton of lysol and you wait for a few mins before you light it should be fine.

If you have not yet built the glovebox I recommend that you try doing your work without one. Just spray tons of lysol, make sure there is no air movement, and do your work in the open air. If you experience unacceptable contam levels then go ahead and build a box.

Thats what I did and found out that there was no real need for a box. I've made prints, syringes, petris, cloned fruitbodies on agar, agar to grain transfers, etc in the open air with very few contams. Just make sure you work fast and delibrately.

Then if you really get serious down the line buy or build a laminar flow hood. Just my opinions.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Laminar Flow Hood, Petri Dish

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology