Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Apocalypse-means something else
    #5124566 - 12/30/05 10:31 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I was watching this show on the History channel and these historians said that the modern western meaning of the word Apocalypse is "the end of the world/war/disaster". They said, in Greek, it means "Removing the veils/ Revealing." They said the word Apocalypse was used in the book of Revelations to show reason for hope regarding what was to come.

This coincides with the removing of the "perceptual veils talk" and being able to see more regarding a shift in consciousness.

Just wanted to share that for anyone who thinks it means "doom and gloom" when used in revelations. It doesn't! :cool:

:peace: :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (12/31/05 01:33 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleELECTRIC
I'm a Puppet

Loc: Bonded with string...
Re: Apocalypse-means something else [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #5125081 - 12/31/05 01:36 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I did not watch that show, nor am I aware of the details and all meanings of the word 'Apocalypse'...

What you just wrote though, Jiggy, sounds interesting.

What could this mean?

--------------------
Nos confido phasmatis occultus in vicis postulo nostrum tutela donatus futurus.

OfflineForkbender
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Apocalypse-means something else [Re: ELECTRIC]
    #5125099 - 12/31/05 01:41 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

It does mean doom and gloom for a lot of people. Imagine hundreds of people on the streets tripping for the first time, way up into a level five trip. Not a pretty picture. How many of those people will have a bad trip?

--------------------
Truth is in the eye of the beholder

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: Apocalypse-means something else [Re: Forkbender]
    #5125106 - 12/31/05 01:46 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Shit! Have you ever read Revelations? It seems like a very dooming time to most of humanity. All those plagues, the sun crashing into the Earth, and so on.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Apocalypse-means something else [Re: Forkbender]
    #5125135 - 12/31/05 02:06 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

:lol: I see your point. I hope the greak meaning of the word apocalyps isn't as radical and quick of a conscious veil unlifting as a level 5 trip is. :crazy: I doubt what we have to look forward too is being stuck permantly in a level 5 trip. What if? :rofl2: Thats a good one!

Electric, she spoke of it matter of factly as it being a good and positive event to look forward too as the greeks used the word to mean.

It was a pleasant surprise. I thought the word meant devastation as well. Not that I ever beleived in the end times stuff as in end of the world and life on it. I just understand it to be, the end of things as we knew them, old pardigms of control and fear will be fading out and be replaced by paradigms of more co-operation and universal love.

Perhaps with veils lifted in our perception, that can help to facilitate that. That's what it means to me anyway.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Apocalypse-means something else [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #5125140 - 12/31/05 02:14 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Mush, have you read it all? I first read it when I was 13 and it scared me. I read again about 3 years ago and it fascinated me instead as I was understanding metaphors and symbols better.

It is a wild read. It is also packed with metaphors and symbolism that can make it scary if read literally. Ones interpretation can really make or break its meaning.

Maybe one of us should find it on the net and post it here and who ever wants can work at in sighting the metaphors and symbols and old world word translations instead of reading them literally with modern word meanings and see what comes of it through a colaborative effort.

Then again, with this crowed, we might end up with the remake of Alice in wonderland.  :laugh:

I'm curious to read it again and I don't have a Bible in my home. I want to review that stuff about the four horsemen especially for some reason now.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (12/31/05 02:18 AM)

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #5125230 - 12/31/05 04:02 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

This is a treasure of a website:
http://www.sacred-texts.com/

:heart:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Invisibleraytrace
Stranger

#5125233 - 12/31/05 04:08 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

right (on), Apocalypse is the Greek word for Revelation

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Re: Apocalypse-means something else [Re: raytrace]
    #5125256 - 12/31/05 05:15 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

At least Johns revelation shows what there will be in the end, but also, how g*d works behind the curtain and why this has to come :wink:
You can read it in many many cascades and facettes. It is true to ones personal live also than to the live of humans in whole.
Some interpreted it as the occupation of the romans in the time of Jesus, and some saw other specific events.
But there is a greater mistery behind.
Oh how I adore the clear and undistracted minds of the ancient authors sometimes...they came to some really deep conclusions.

--------------------
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Apocalypse-means something else [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #5126133 - 12/31/05 01:42 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for that link Blue. I'll get to it soon. I'm curious to see what new cascades and facets reveal themselves.

Were you being sarcastic about the ancients? I couldn't tell. I enjoy metaphoric literature a lot. It requires a feeling way of reading that paints pictures I like. It's packed with so many layers of meaning and whats neat about it, is that, the meaning people derive from metaphoric material is personal. When you "get it" or at least a layer of it, it feels like it was written to you for you, and everyone who reads it feels that way. It's a trip.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers By The Way CD is packed with lyrics like that. Everyone I knew who had it said, they felt like parts were written metaphorical of things happening in their lives at the time. It was freaky to compare notes with people. like we were listening to two different songs. Even some words were easy to hear differently and that changed the meaning to fit. What was funnier is that there is a lyric in one of the songs that says, "Ever wonder if it's all for you" to add to the mind fuck.

They admit that one was largely pleaidian channeled and as far as I am concerned so is much of Revelations. There is a section about the dude with the 7 lamps and the 7 churches. Those are symbolic of the seven sisters, seven visible stars of the pleiades star system. There are even Renaissance paintings of Mary with 7 stars over her head and light ships in the background of her and baby j-man. So many connections including Gabriel, who I understand wasn't just the angel who came and told Mary about her carrying Jesus but that he is a the celestial being from that star system that Fathered him, giving him his hyper star seed DNA.

Their books channeled through marciniack are written in that same multi layered, metaphoric, story telling way.

I think one of the keys to getting to more layers of revelations, which itself keeps revealing more, is to read it again, and this time, not in fear or expecting it to be a doom and gloom message. Read it from love and expect to find good tidings for humankind when the fog lifts.

The one thing that sucks is not knowing, what may have been taken out , edited or later added in by the church to serve its agendas. They have admitted to doing that with other parts of the Bible.

FYI while I am here. The catholic church has made official admissions about rewriting the truth of Mary Magdalen. She wasn't a whore or crazy. They added that in hundreds of years later when they decided they could get more followers with the promise of redemption through stories of the sinner and demon possessed Mary M being redeemed by Christ.

For THAT reason alone, I don't take Revelations literally. It's esoteric entertainment to me.

The mysteries are fun to unravel.

:peace:  :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #5126146 - 12/31/05 01:45 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

The one thing that sucks is not knowing, what may have been taken out , edited or later added in by the church to serve its agendas. They have admitted to doing that with other parts of the Bible.

FYI while I am here. The catholic church has made official admissions about rewriting the truth of Mary Magdalen. She wasn't a whore or crazy. They added that in hundreds of years later when they decided they could get more followers with the promise of redemption through stories of the sinner and demon possessed Mary M being redeemed by Christ.

For THAT reason alone, I don't take Revelations literally. It's esoteric entertainment to me.

:thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#5126408 - 12/31/05 03:12 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

It was hammered into my docile skull when I was young and scared me shitless. I haven't bothered reading it again.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Apocalypse-means something else [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #5126491 - 12/31/05 03:34 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds like we had the same parents and priests:lol:  I think a lot of people can relate to having first childhood impressions of the bible and church being traumatic. :lol: When I got older, I steered cleared of that book. I thought it was evil because of all the fear in it.:lol:

This year at 37,I still found myself digging up buried anger towards the church. I feel free from it now finally and can approach it with a sense of peace, ease and new understanding.

That 3 years ago when I read it again, was when that CD was out and my brother who was trippen off it too, had started cruising through the Bible and was telling me about how cool some of it was when you read a little deeper. I told him, I didn't even want to touch that book. Somehow he got me intrigued with passages he interpreted  in a new light and into rereading revelations and after all this time, I did read it differently and it was pretty cool, not as scary as when I was younger.

After this holiday, I want to pull Blues link and see what I can do to translate the stuff that reads scary off first literal pass. I hope others will join me.

I'm not just more interested in reading the 4 horseman's passage again but the mark of the beast stuff as well. 666 in numerology terms is a number symbolic of gaining mastery over the physical instead of you being a slave to it. That's a good thing and a great accomplishment in spiritual circles. I think a lot of the bible has been interpreted or misrepresented  bassakwards and that we have brutally misunderstood lots of it because of what we were told it all meant by the church.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

#5128465 - 01/01/06 11:33 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

No Jiggy, I was not sarcastic. I also think, the deep mystical art of mentioning and writing requires less distraction and full contemplation which has become rare in our modern worlds.

As for the Apocalypse-project, you can count on me, as far as my time and english comprehension allows :wink: I have compared tree german versions of it. Quite interesting as I discovered one major flaw in one of them, which makes the whole bible questionable :smile:
I can also provide some translations of specific verses if nescessary or the greek 'original' (which at this time, my translation-program doesn't work on, grrr) :wink:
I also can give you some of my specific interpretations as I am curious to know others, like the seven stars in the pleiadan system. I like this :wink: I have the red hot chili cd, too, but as I am german, I tend not to listen to the lyrics...good hint ! I will immediately do it :wink:

I am looking forward to this :smile:

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Apocalypse-means something else [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #5128842 - 01/01/06 03:31 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Cool! You weren't being sarcastic. :cool: I know your good with symbolism. I loved our discussion in the driving through life post. Todays nutso with things to do. Some time this week, I'll find a part in revelations to start working with. I too want to see others interpretations. They all shed new light and open new doors.

I WISH you had the Greek translation program. Does anybody here? Go ahead and start anytime. I'll enjoy anything you have to share on this. Let me know if you noticed anything weird when you check out the lyric sheet and listen to it again. At least your listening to the music. Thats were its really at anyway with that CD.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder