Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestraightbangin
cake to terrarium help
    #510470 - 01/04/02 08:38 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

the mmgg tek kind of skips one of the most important parts. after i take the cake out of the jar do i plop it in a tray or crumble it up, what do i do? can someone briefly break it down for me? thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineUnder_net
enthusiast
Loc: kentucky
Re: cake to terrarium help [Re: straightbangin]
    #510483 - 01/04/02 08:49 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

That all Depends on how your going to fruit. You have 2 options being caking or casing. If this is your first time a lot of people reccomend trying caking, whereas casing has potentially more yields if done properly.
Assuming you will be caking, you just take the cake out of the jar, if your using perlite for humidification sit the cake on the jar lid as opossed to the perlite directly, then on to the bottom of your terrarium.
Also, you want to sit the fat end of the cake as the bottom. Set up your terrarium properly and let it go.

Good Luck

I noticed that about most teks myself, leaving out some of those small but important details.

Anonymous

#510486 - 01/04/02 08:55 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

It's o.k. to lay the cake directly on the perlite. Just kinda wedge it in slightly.

Offlinestraightbangin
Re: cake to terrarium help [Re: ]
    #510845 - 01/05/02 09:33 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

so I just leave it in the jar lid on the perlite? I don't have to lay the cake or the cake and the jar lid in a tupperware or a foli pan? won't the wet perlite soak the cake? and 2) of I wanted to do the casing method, how would I do that. You're help is much appreciated :)

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
    #510895 - 01/05/02 10:38 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

put it right on top of the perlite. it will work as good if not better than on lids because it will be able to drink freely and hydrste itself. to case the cakes just break them apart into little pieces and lay them out in a tray with some non-nutritiative substance loosely layered on top of the crumbled cake layer. search for casing methods here at the shroomery in grow/find or use the search in the forums.

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Offlinencshroomer
journeyman
Loc: Wilmington NC
    #511473 - 01/05/02 08:24 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

i would just search for a casing process that you think you can do...i used vermiculite with the crumbled cake on top and then peat moss and vermiculite over top of the crumbled cake and had shrooms in about 10 days...i also am doing the cake thing and haven't had any luck yet

--------------------
What the fuck, lets give it a try!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies