Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: Illegal My Ass.. [Re: Diploid]
    #5105648 -

I made $63.57 an hour today because of Christmas.. I also get tripple time for Thanksgiving, New Years, Labor Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July plus three personal holidays..

Personal holidays are not paid at tripple time but I get to just take three paid days off a year and call the "my holiday".

I also get 4 weeks paid vacation every march which comes to about $4000 before taxes. Of corse I dont have to take the vacation time if I dont want to so I work and still get paid which means for the month of March Ill make over $9000.

I also get two weeks sick leave, PAID and one week STRESS leave.. Did you know that ALL AMericans are entitled to sick and stress leave? Thank the unions for that. Just look on the wall of your break room to find out more.. Dont have it posted? Ask your employer because its the law. But most just dont know whats comming to them under labor laws because I guess they hate unions soo omuch that they refuse to look for themselves...

This year with bonuses and pay and overtime and benefits I should clear 67K....

Not bad for a bag boy huh...


Maby if you and your coworkers stood up to the people who are making obsene amounts of money on the backs of your effort and said that its time they share it with you. Maby then you will realize what the typical worker is realy worth..


P.S. I graduated from UCD with a BS in Horticulture and about 30% of my coworkers are graduates, many have masters degrees. I dont think that even 30% of the people I graduated with make as much as me.


--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Illegal My Ass.. [Re: GabbaDj]
    #5105707 -

Quote:
I also get two weeks sick leave, PAID and one week STRESS leave.. Did you know that ALL AMericans are entitled to sick and stress leave? Thank the unions for that. Just look on the wall of your break room to find out more.. Dont have it posted? Ask your employer because its the law. But most just dont know whats comming to them under labor laws because I guess they hate unions soo omuch that they refuse to look for themselves...




Are you talking about the Family Medical Leave Act?  It is true that employees of companies with more than 50 workers are guaranteed up to 12 weeks unpaid leave for their own or a dependent family member's illness.

If this is not what you are referring to, then I cannot find a source for your claims about U.S. labor laws.  Here's my link at the Department of Labor:

http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/benefits-leave/index.htm

:confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Illegal My Ass.. [Re: Veritas]
    #5105761 -

Actually I was referring to two laws


People do unpaid leave in the event of a family death without repercussions from the employer... People can get two days paid in California..

Sometimes I get my California labor law confused with federal.. We will catch up with the rest of the country and you all will will one day be saved my me and my union...

Merry Christmas.. Or do you say Happy Holidays you Jew?


--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Edited by GabbaDj (12/25/05 09:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Illegal My Ass.. [Re: GabbaDj]
    #5105789 -

:lol:  I'm not a Jew, I'm a pagan. 

I'm not finding anything in California's labor laws about stress leave OR sick leave.  Here's what I found about paid Family Medical Leave:

Quote:
Family Leaves: Employees Entitled to Paid Leave to Care for Sick Family Members and to Bond with a New Child (SB 1661, adding Unemployment Insurance Code sections 3300 - 3305 and amending Sections 984, 2116, 2601, 2613, 2708, and 3254)


California is the first state in the nation to establish family temporary disability insurance, or FTDI, to provide up to six weeks of wage replacement benefits to workers who take time off to care for a seriously ill child, spouse, parent, or domestic partner, or to bond with a new child. These additional benefits, which will be available for leave taken on or after July 1, 2004, will apply to all employers, regardless of the number of employees, and will be funded through an increase in the amount contributed by employees to the State Disability Insurance fund.

Employees entitled to leave under the FMLA and the CFRA must take such leave concurrently with the paid leave and employers must continue to hold the job open while the employee is on leave. However, employers not subject to the FMLA and CFRA (such as employers with fewer than 50 employees) will not be required under this new law to hold a job open for the individual taking the paid time off. Also, employers will be allowed to require employees to use up to two weeks of earned but unused vacation or paid time off prior to that employee's use of these additional benefits.




Can you back up your claims?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Illegal My Ass.. [Re: Veritas]
    #5105940 -

Looks like you did it for me... :grin:


--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Illegal My Ass.. [Re: GabbaDj]
    #5106903 -

Quote:
time off to care for a seriously ill child, spouse, parent, or domestic partner, or to bond with a new child.



How exactly does this back up your claim that all American, oops, no, all Californian workers are legally entitled to sick leave AND stress leave?  :confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Illegal My Ass.. [Re: Veritas]
    #5106918 -

You are making 67 K a year as a bag boy? I don't believe it.

No matter how much time you put in that job doesn't change. It takes 0 skill. It takes no mental effort whatsoever, and even though it is a manual labor job it takes 0 physical energy.

Retards do bagging jobs. Not a flame. Just being honest. I've only seen about 15 retards work in my life and they were all baggers at the grocery store.


--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Illegal My Ass.. [Re: looner2]
    #5107193 -

I was a bag boy once.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Illegal My Ass.. [Re: looner2]
    #5107602 -

I love how people complain when they hear how well union workers are doing. And then they say union workers are the retardes ones...


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Illegal My Ass.. [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #5107822 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
I love how people complain when they hear how well union workers are doing. And then they say union workers are the retardes ones...



No one said that union workers are retarded. The argument is about how and why certain union jobs make the money that they do, specifically the artificially inflated salaries that are out of line with the rest of the economy.

It is not that people object to the idea of workers having more money in their pockets, the problem is that some remedial jobs pay better than more difficult, highly skilled jobs. Those positions then draw a high demand and become more exclusive, often going to those more well connected.

In Chicago, the street and sanitation workers often come from well-off families with political ties. Many of them even have college degrees but they take these easy, unskilled jobs that can pay up to $80k a year. This often excludes lower income workers which unions are supposed to be helping in the first place.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Illegal My Ass.. [Re: Catalysis]
    #5107947 -

Catalysis said:
It is not that people object to the idea of workers having more money in their pockets, the problem is that some remedial jobs pay better than more difficult, highly skilled jobs.



If that's the case, then skilled labor should spend more effort trying to increase their own salaries, and less trying to decrease that of unskilled labor.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Illegal My Ass.. [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #5108019 -

Quote:
If that's the case, then skilled labor should spend more effort trying to increase their own salaries, and less trying to decrease that of unskilled labor.



There are no unions for most professional jobs, where salary is usually based on skill and quality of work. Also, the union jobs are not economically seperate from non-union jobs. If we were to unionize all jobs (i.e. socialism), do you honestly think people who spraypaint lines on roads would still make $60k+? What would doctors make? Unions exploit capitalist job markets, therefore the whole American union system would fall apart if it was universally adopted.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Illegal My Ass.. [Re: Catalysis]
    #5108235 -

Nevermind the fact that most unions can only survive with government employment.

If the government had to compete, there wouldn't be any unions.


--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Illegal My Ass.. [Re: GabbaDj]
    #5109194 -

They should have the right to strike whenever they feel necessary. The employers, though, should have the right to fire these workers without any sort of legal obstacle.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Illegal My Ass.. [Re: Catalysis]
    #5109681 -

Quote:
It is not that people object to the idea of workers having more money in their pockets, the problem is that some remedial jobs pay better than more difficult, highly skilled jobs. Those positions then draw a high demand and become more exclusive, often going to those more well connected.



For me its not an issue of regular people working any position and earning whatever a company feels fair pay for that job.. Its an issue of companies trying harder and harder to give less while the few at the top are rakeing in record numbers..

How can any company justify stealing employee pensions that were promised while the CEOs and top execs are getting paid tens and hundreds of millions a year?
How can a company justify suddenly laying off hundreds of people and cutting work hours and forcing people to take reduced pay while at the top the execuitives are just trying to see if they can earn another 3% on top of their hundred million dollar income by the end of the year.

Thats the reason Im proud to be part of a union. The man at the top of my company gets paid $78 Million dollars a year plus he gets stock, lots of stock. Thats more than enough reason for me to be happy that my union forces him to pay me what I make and Im glad that they do because every chance he gets him and the others at the top keep trying to take it away.

OOoh and Im not a bag boy.. Im a Butcher..


--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Illegal My Ass.. [Re: Catalysis]
    #5110219 -

Catalysis said:
There are no unions for most professional jobs, where salary is usually based on skill and quality of work.



If salary were based on skill and quality of work, people would make a LOT more money. It's based on market forces such as supply and demand. And in most professions, there is usually an oversupply of labor.

Quote:
Also, the union jobs are not economically seperate from non-union jobs. If we were to unionize all jobs (i.e. socialism), do you honestly think people who spraypaint lines on roads would still make $60k+? What would doctors make? Unions exploit capitalist job markets, therefore the whole American union system would fall apart if it was universally adopted.



I have no idea how you reached any of these conclusions.

If doctors became unionized, how would that impact the salary of a spraypainter? I don't see the connection.

And what would doctors make? At least what they're making now, or they would get better benefits, such as more time off.

Unions don't exploit capitalist job markets, it's just the opposite; they prevent the capitalist job markets from exploiting them!

Unionism isn't socialism either. Unions are a byproduct of capitalism. Socialism is government ownership of business.



By the way, I don't always support unions. But if they ask for fair wages with fair benefits, I see nothing wrong with that.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Illegal My Ass.. [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #5110277 -

Quote:
If doctors became unionized, how would that impact the salary of a spraypainter? I don't see the connection.

And what would doctors make? At least what they're making now, or they would get better benefits, such as more time off.



The quote above illustrates the true intent of modern unions perfectly. Doctors would never unionize because they have no need. It is very difficult, time consuming, and expensive to become a doctor. Very few people have the intelligence, the commitment, and the means to become a doctor. Because of this, supply and demand will always ensure that doctors make good pay... and they should... they made a very large investment to become a doctor.

On the other side, we have the truck loader. Although loading trucks is a very strenuous job, it is not a difficult skill. It takes very easy, quick, and inexpensive to learn how to load a truck. Almost anybody can manage to load a truck. Because of this, supply and demand will ensure that truck loaders never make good pay. Why? Because if a truck loader demands good pay, there are a zillion other truck loaders that will work for less.

Enter the union... a system for the unskilled and uneducated person to get around the effects supply and demand.

Of course, not all companies pay their employees on a supply/demand scale. In Japan, for example, a janitor makes almost as much as a CEO in the same company.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Illegal My Ass.. [Re: Seuss]
    #5110289 -

Quote:
Enter the union... a system for the unskilled and uneducated person to get around the effects supply and demand.




--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Illegal My Ass.. [Re: Seuss]
    #5110579 -

How far can it go though.

If 90% of the population had a Masters degree, wouldn't you need a Bachelors just to get a job as a bag boy?

More and more it seems to me that the Bachelors degree is the new high school diploma.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Illegal My Ass.. [Re: GabbaDj]
    #5110586 -

Oh, you're a butcher?

I knew you used to be, but from this thread I decided you must work for NYC transit.

Well shit, I'm not sure what to think about no damn butcher strike. That's not quite the lynchpin of society that transportation is.

So people gotta cut their own damn steak, so fucking what?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* my spores have been illegally confiscated/stolen!!!!
( 1 2 3 all )
eric_the_redS 5,076 57 07/20/04 02:51 PM
by Swami
* Illegals in schools.
( 1 2 all )
luvdemshrooms 2,383 33 08/23/03 01:52 PM
by wingnutx
* Music Festivals and raves to be illegal? MeltingPenguin 829 4 06/06/02 09:04 AM
by Remy
* Drivers licenses for illegal immigrants
( 1 2 3 all )
RandalFlagg 4,852 42 11/10/03 11:19 AM
by Tao
* Illegal Entry? deoxy187 433 9 12/02/04 05:12 AM
by DirtMcgirt
* It is now illegal to deal drugs illegally Swami 1,879 11 04/20/04 11:36 PM
by Learyfan
* Date for spores to become illegal??? ClosetCase 1,008 12 03/01/03 06:10 PM
by Prisoner#1
* Bush revives bid to legalize illegal aliens usefulidiot 1,147 8 11/10/04 10:51 PM
by RandalFlagg

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
3,872 topic views. 1 members, 1 guests and 14 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.