Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleClosetCase
but only inwinter

Loc: Somewhere rubbing my nugs...
Date for spores to become illegal???
    #1343693 - 02/28/03 08:26 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

With just reading that two MAJOR vendors are going out as soon as they get rid of their inventory, something clicked in my head. Do they know something we don't??? Is the recent PF bust and other government activity a coincidence?

Both TLG and Ralphster have stated that they plan to be done with the business around summer. The government may be giving them time to get rid of inventory before they declare spores illegal. Which raises another question, are they now pating attention to buyers from the sites? I know they tracked mail from PF's place without his knowledge.

I read the "Argeement" on TLG site...

Quote:

You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Site, its owner(s), domain host, and administrators, from and against all civil or criminal liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that may arise directly or indirectly from the use of any product contained herein.

In no event will this Site or any person or entity involved in creating, producing, administering, maintaining it, be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential civil damages or criminal prosecution arising out of the the purchase of any Site product.

It's just a little frightening with all the busts that have been happening lately. TLG is AWESOME and has been great to the community, so I trust that he is just doing it to protect himself. But I don't like the statement of, "direct... criminal prosecution arising out of the the purchase of any Site product."

I've only been around here for a short time and don't fully know what is going on. I would like to hear your opinions on this.

--------------------
"as your attourney I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine.."

"well.. why not? I mean if anything's worth doing, it's worth doing right. THIS IS THE AMERICAN DREAM IN ACTION"

Edited by ClosetCase (02/28/03 09:07 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Wexico
Re: Date for spores to become illegal??? [Re: ClosetCase]
    #1344294 - 03/01/03 05:44 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

ralphster said something about spores being illegal unless they are for research. He said that the research has to be well documented, and permits have to be filled out and shit. But no one else seems to buy it.

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: Date for spores to become illegal??? [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #1344318 - 03/01/03 06:16 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ralphster said something about spores being illegal unless they are for research. He said that the research has to be well documented, and permits have to be filled out and shit. But no one else seems to buy it.

The spores are not illegal because they are not active (erowid.org).

To specifically schedule the spores and the mushrooms themselves would open the door to arbitrary govt action against law-abiding citizens, since psilocin grows naturally on many private properties (with the full knowledge of the DEA). The same is true with desmanthus illinoensis and other plants that contain illegal substances. I suspect this is to cover the cost of Shrub's tax cuts for the wealthy.

Cannabis plants, OTOH, are specifically scheduled; and many an ignorant farmer faces long prison terms as a result.

Rather than scheduling the spores, which are actually dificult to grow, i suspect that equipment vendors will be prosecuted under the paraphernalia act.

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Wexico
Re: Date for spores to become illegal??? [Re: Annapurna1]
    #1344351 - 03/01/03 06:40 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

When did that pass, anyway? The paraphanalia act i mean

--------------------

InvisibleClosetCase
but only inwinter

#1344503 - 03/01/03 08:27 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Of course spores are not illegal now, but they could definitely make them illegal to buy without a permit and track large suppliers ...just like precursors. Iodine and red phosphorous are kept track of and they certainly aren't drugs themselves.

The fact that something grows in the wild will not make any difference. In fact, I'm sure it is already illegal to hunt for or pick anything with psilo. So instead they are going to make rubbermaid containers, jars and humidifiers illegal? I don't follow you with this equipment thing.

--------------------
"as your attourney I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine.."

"well.. why not? I mean if anything's worth doing, it's worth doing right. THIS IS THE AMERICAN DREAM IN ACTION"

Edited by ClosetCase (03/01/03 08:30 AM)

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
    #1344553 - 03/01/03 09:00 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Two states have already made them illegal! It won't be long now.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

#1344741 - 03/01/03 11:47 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

This is your second post among these same lines and I can tell you for certain that your insinuations are completely untrue and you are just further hurting the community by spreading paranoia and misinformation.

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#1344761 - 03/01/03 11:56 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I certainly hope they dont become illegal. But none the less The Hawks Eye is still getting out of the spore business this summer. They charged PF with conspiracy to deliver a controlled substance. Although he was mailing out the PF TEK book with his order and had the TEK on his website. Although we dont do either of these, nor do we grow mushrooms for spores, we still dont want to get caught up in an expensive legal battle. Its just not worth it to us. We are taking the PF bust very seriously as most spore vendors are.

ClosetCase. why in the world would the gov. warn us to get out eventually? That is just silly.

--------------------
-Peace-
For all your legal mushroom spores and cultures visit  <a href="http://www.muShrooms.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">www.muShrooms.com</a>

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores since 1998

InvisibleClosetCase
but only inwinter

Re: Date for spores to become illegal??? [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #1344846 - 03/01/03 12:39 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

boxtop... I'm here to spur discussion, and I don't think it hurts the community to be prepared for such an event.  Thanks for clearing up the reasons for me in your other post ( link ).  I understand where you are coming from now.  :smirk:  I am sorry to see you go ...hope you find another good business.  Any plans?

The government "grace period" does not seem too far fetched to me.  If something is legal and then becomes illegal, it makes sense that vendors of such items would be given first notice.  The government is not completely evil. maybe? 

--------------------

Anonymous

#1344908 - 03/01/03 01:09 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

they're gonna be illegal real soon. stock up.

OfflineChills420 version2
Poo Pie Maker

#1345355 - 03/01/03 06:20 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Iodine and red phosphorous are kept track of and they certainly aren't drugs themselves.

That depends 4 some people there very easy 2 get.(legaly without hitting a list)
Just like anhydrous gas.(harder 2 get but still around u would b suprised what a 100$ bill will get u)

--------------------

You may say Im a dreamer,
but Im not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
    #1345429 - 03/01/03 06:47 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

> The spores are not illegal because they are not active

Wrong, they are not illegal because the federal government has not bothered making them illegal yet. As someone else pointed out, they are already illegal in 2 states.
There's no kind of logical system dictating what things may and may not be banned.
Marijuana- which has an established medical use- is in Schedule 1, as is DMT, which has a low potential for abuse.
Our government can and will make anything illegal it damn well pleases. The entire drug war is already unconstitutional- they don't care- they have the power, they can pass the laws.

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #1345635 - 03/01/03 08:10 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

With just reading that two MAJOR vendors are going out as soon as they get rid of their inventory, something clicked in my head. Do they know something we don't??? Is the recent PF bust and other government activity a coincidence?

Yes...they do know something...they dont wish to end up in the same cell with PF, they are willing to cut loses before it becomes a problem, A smart move on their part but not really in the best interest of the community...other vendors are willing to stick it out because they are willing to fight for the businesses they have started, they arent as easily frightened and I'm sure that if spores are outlawed they will also get out of the buisness....or diversify.

Prisoner#1

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Ultrasonic Humidifier

General Interest >> Political Discussion