Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekeefboy
a friendly parkranger
questions on my closet setup
    #5006289 - 12/02/05 11:06 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i will be using my closet as a FC. it is 4x4x8 feet. i will be using a cool mist ultrasonic for humidity (running it through vinyl tubing and pop bottles if it is over-humidifying). however, i dont know what to do about light and air exchange.

for light, i have the option of putting a halogen light in there, or going out and buying a small flourescent.

for air exchange, i am not sure what to do. if i open the closet to ventilate, wont the humidity rush out? if it does this will be bad because there will be drastically changing humidities.

the other option would be just to not check on it that often (1-2 days  closed at a time).

would this work? anything else i am forgetting?

any help is much appreciated since this is my first time. thanks!

:cool:

--------------------
"A friend of mine was famous for holding his hits until his face swelled up and turned bright red. The veins in his neck and forehead would bulge and he'd get bug-eyed. He'd start sweating. Then he'd belch the hit out violently, along with plenty of spit, and gasp for air." ~UBAKO

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSiRpAbLoEsCoBaR
Smoke God
 User Gallery

Loc: Holland
Re: questions on my closet setup [Re: keefboy]
    #5006306 - 12/02/05 11:14 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I think that u will run into a lot less problems if u just put a tub in your closet. It is much easier to keep a tub at good growing conditions than a room.

Edited by SiRpAbLoEsCoBaR (12/02/05 11:18 AM)

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
    #5006312 - 12/02/05 11:18 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

is your closet got carpet cause if it does thats just nasty with all the humidity. go look into a martha if you want a big grow.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

OfflineRejak
Cultivator

Loc: Canada
    #5006319 - 12/02/05 11:21 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

For the light part - any small wattage light will do, even a little night light or clear christmas tree lamp. I have a light fixture in the cieling and use a small fridge bulb.

If your going to humidify the entire closet - I would suggest putting up some plastic Vapour Barrier on the walls. To keep the moisture off them. The walls could easily become very mouldy with excess moisture, requireing you to have to rip out the walls and replace them. Not a fun job!

Your coolmist will take care of any lost humidity during an air exchange, and it should only have to run a few times a day for a few minutes each time. Setting it up on a timer is a good idea.

Good luck :smile:

--------------------
Need Spores?
Only 2 choices worth your time!
Here or FSRC

Don't forget to donate to the FSRC

Offlinekeefboy
a friendly parkranger
Re: questions on my closet setup [Re: lemon_lw]
    #5006327 - 12/02/05 11:24 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

lemon, that was an amazing observation. thanks a bunch buddy you just saved me loads of heartbreak.

as shitty as it is, my closet actually has carpet. this is especially fucked up because the rest of the bathroom doesn't!

now, i will probably use the hot tub covered with a tarp or something as a FC. will that work?

--------------------
"A friend of mine was famous for holding his hits until his face swelled up and turned bright red. The veins in his neck and forehead would bulge and he'd get bug-eyed. He'd start sweating. Then he'd belch the hit out violently, along with plenty of spit, and gasp for air." ~UBAKO

OfflineSiRpAbLoEsCoBaR
Smoke God
 User Gallery

#5006332 - 12/02/05 11:25 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

It sounds to me like ur trying to go over board for first try.

Offlinekeefboy
a friendly parkranger
    #5006334 - 12/02/05 11:26 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

rejak: i thought about the walls thing and noticed people putting up plastic. but since there is carpet there i cant use it anyways. =(

--------------------

Offlinekeefboy
a friendly parkranger
    #5006336 - 12/02/05 11:28 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

maybe i am trying too much for the first time. there was no way i was about to fruit cakes though. 10/10 of my jars colonized in 12 days with no contams and the casing was done in 4. so far so good. i just dont wanna mess up stage 3.

--------------------

OfflineSiRpAbLoEsCoBaR
Smoke God
 User Gallery

#5006346 - 12/02/05 11:31 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

U have already made your casing without a FC? PF casings usually do good with just hand misting so u might not even want to do all that work just yet.
What did u make the casing in?

Edited by SiRpAbLoEsCoBaR (12/02/05 11:34 AM)

Offlinekeefboy
a friendly parkranger
Re: questions on my closet setup [Re: SiRpAbLoEsCoBaR]
    #5006364 - 12/02/05 11:40 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

coir/verm about 50/50

--------------------

Offlinekeefboy
a friendly parkranger
    #5006367 - 12/02/05 11:41 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

and the casing are sitting in 1x2feet plastic containers, there are 3 of them

--------------------

Offlinekeefboy
a friendly parkranger
    #5006616 - 12/02/05 01:14 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

crap, i dont know what to do. i went to a few stores and they didnt have any tubs could hold all 3 containers.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale