Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAboveTheLaw
journeyman
Loc: Cedar Rapids, IA USA
question about humidity, air exchange, and temps
    #482148 - 12/06/01 05:32 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

I am trying to figure out how to provide air exchange and humidity in my 18 gallon rubbermaid terranium. I don't think a fishtank air pump would be enough, so I was thinking of using a fan. If I were to use a small 6 inch fan, could I just point it at the hose going into my terranium, or would a funnel at the end of the hose help to capture some of the fans air flow? The fan I am using is one of those small electric fans that have a clip on the base. Could I simply regulate airflow by the diameter of the hose I am using, or do I need to buy an expensive timer? Also, if this would work...could I simply cover the hose with polyfil to avoid contamination? And will running a fan like this prevent the humidity from reaching the right level using perlite? One final thing, I have heard of some people using a heater fan in their grow area for increasing temps. Will I need to increase temps for the grow chamber, or is this only important during colonization. Anyone have ideas... thanks in advance.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAboveTheLaw
journeyman
Loc: Cedar Rapids, IA USA
Re: question about humidity, air exchange, and temps [Re: AboveTheLaw]
    #483718 - 12/08/01 03:01 AM (15 years, 19 hours ago)

I was just thinking of a way to provide air flow to a grow chamber without having to enclose an aquarium air pump in a box, or mess with small computer fans. If these methods work good for someone, let me know. I figured maybe a funnel would help a fan, which remains out in the open, to drive air through a hose and through the terranium. Just thought I would clear that up.

OfflineTeRzMaStA
Psilocybin Pimp

Re: question about humidity, air exchange, and temps [Re: AboveTheLaw]
    #483721 - 12/08/01 03:07 AM (15 years, 19 hours ago)

my friends tank is over 55 gallons and a fish tank bubbler works fine. It will tell you how much air it pumps per hour. When fanning most poeple do it 3 to 5 times a day. With the bubbler there will be constant air flow. My friend didn't have a lot of money so he just bought a small one. it pumps 50 liters of air an hour. If it isn't enough buy another.

--------------------
Think for yourself; Question Authority

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation