Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: President Bush: We do not torture. [Re: Learyfan]
    #4907449 -

I don't think rape rooms would give us any benefit. Who would we use them on?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: President Bush: We do not torture. [Re: Redstorm]
    #4907578 -

I don't know, the wives of men who expose government lies?






--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: President Bush: We do not torture. [Re: VoidOfsPg]
    #4907646 -

...what if the suspect honestly knows nothing & therefore says nothing? do you continue to torture them for not speaking (or speaking lies when they want the torture to stop)?

And how do you exactly "check" the provided information? I'm guessing many "tips" would take quite an undertaking and time to accurately confirm...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: President Bush: We do not torture. [Re: Vvellum]
    #4907794 -

bi0 said:
And how do you exactly "check" the provided information? I'm guessing many "tips" would take quite an undertaking and time to accurately confirm...



Good point. I guess it depends on the situation.






--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Edited by Learyfan (11/08/05 01:10 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: President Bush: We do not torture. [Re: VoidOfsPg]
    #4907798 -

VoidOfsPg said:
I can totally understand why they torture people, but it just pisses me off that Bush would blatantly lie to the public like that (not like it's the first time he's done so). I really don't think that the CIA should be an exception to this law though. If it's enacted, it should be for all branches.



I'm not a big fan of Bush but I do understand why he would lie. It's for the good of the nation. We have to keep up good face. Obviously in some circumstances it comes down to the torture of an individual for the best interest of people. It's life man.


--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: President Bush: We do not torture. [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4907886 -

Well, I may be the only one, but I do think we really have a policy of not torturing people. It almost seems knee jerk to presume that because some Iraqis had to wear women's underwear the US has a widespread and deliberate policy of torture. I feel that is a little too cynical. To just be like "Everyone knows we torture people" is more of a symptom of political dysphoria than an honest assesment of the situation. Sure there are a few actual cases, and plenty of allegations by left wing and anti-american news outlets, but I think the evidence (or lack thereof) points to us NOT having a widespread policy of torture. Not to say that we don't let other countries that do use torture handle terrorists for us.

I feel Bush is probobly more in denial than actually trying to lie. It seems like he is trying to convince himself that the US is principaled and his policy is not responsible for torture. I think he is sort of correct, most soldiers and people in the government don't and don't want to use torture. But to say that we just don't do it ever, is not correct.


--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: President Bush: We do not torture. [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4907946 -

Bush says we do not torture yet when the recent anti-torture bill comes up for a vote he's against it.

"Cheney is seeking to persuade Congress to exempt the Central Intelligence Agency from the proposed torture ban if one is passed by both chambers."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051108/ap_o...HNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

Actions speak louder than words, Mr. President.

If you truly want to spread democracy you can start by exercising its values rather than your jackboot.

You are an embarrassment to democracy, sir.

If I set out to deliberately destroy the United States from within, I could not have done a better job than you have done unintentionally.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: President Bush: We do not torture. [Re: zorbman]
    #4908007 -

Quote:
The fear of torture is much more likely to get info out of people than actual torture.



:thumbup:


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: President Bush: We do not torture. [Re: kotik]
    #4908018 -

Many countries that employ torture find that torturing a subject's family, especially their children is remarkably effective.

http://comment.independent.co.uk/commentators/article322520.ece

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: President Bush: We do not torture. [Re: zorbman]
    #4909287 -

zorbman said:
Bush says we do not torture yet when the recent anti-torture bill comes up for a vote he's against it.

"Cheney is seeking to persuade Congress to exempt the Central Intelligence Agency from the proposed torture ban if one is passed by both chambers."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051108/ap_o...HNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

Actions speak louder than words, Mr. President.




Dude, torture is already illegal. The whole Bill was symbolic so the Senate could distance itself from Abu Ghraib. The White House was pissed off that Congress felt such a token law was necessary and indirectly pinned them on the Executive Branch. The President could have signed the empty resolution to make himself look good, but I think he was too angry that Congress was in effect accusing his administration of using torture.

Whether he signed the bill doesn't make one iota of difference.


--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: President Bush: We do not torture. [Re: zorbman]
    #4911617 -

shut your bush hole, corn!



--------------------


Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: President Bush: We do not torture. [Re: VoidOfsPg]
    #4912364 -

"We do not torture" is a very lawyer like statement. It is claimed (although I doubt it is true) that US and British personnel do not torture prisoners, however it is admitted that the CIA and British Intelligence will transport prisoners to countries that do torture, Uzbekistan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Algeria, Jordan, Morocco and many other places.. A practice known as 'Extraordinary Rendition'.

Some claim that torture is justified when used to provide information that saves lives, however as customers of the torture chambers of these vile regimes, we give acceptance to a practice that in the most part used against tens thousands, not hundreds of men, women and children every year, mainly political opponents.

There is no better way become a terrorist target than to support brutal and oppressive regimes. I believe torture and our support of the practice is highly counter productive in the war on terror.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: President Bush: We do not torture. [Re: psilomonkey]
    #4913203 -

But then what if you don't torture so terrorists think you are pussy and weak and you won't retaliate so they attack even more? That seemed to be the story of the 20 years before 911.


--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: President Bush: We do not torture. [Re: psilomonkey]
    #4913222 -

Quote:
There is no better way become a terrorist target than to support brutal and oppressive regimes. I believe torture and our support of the practice is highly counter productive in the war on terror.



What is this liberal nonsense? They hate us because of our freedoms and because they don't have democracy -- has NOTHING to do with western policy. Right?


--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: President Bush: We do not torture. [Re: Ancalagon]
    #4916201 -

Ancalagon said:
Quote:
There is no better way become a terrorist target than to support brutal and oppressive regimes. I believe torture and our support of the practice is highly counter productive in the war on terror.



What is this liberal nonsense? They hate us because of our freedoms and because they don't have democracy -- has NOTHING to do with western policy. Right?



Right, our policies have been nothing but pure hearted and have nothing to do with greed....right.  :rolleyes:

i find it amazing that every senator that has actually been in combat (McCain, Warner, Hagle) rejects the use of torture, yet these chicken hawks in power that have never done anything positive for anybody, let alone their country....endorse torture. BEAUTIFUL, goodnight......

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: President Bush: We do not torture. [Re: ArcofaJourney]
    #4916307 -

ArcofaJourney said:
yet these chicken hawks in power that have never done anything positive for anybody, let alone their country....endorse torture. BEAUTIFUL, goodnight......



Endorse torture? You had better post a link for that one. :smirk:


--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: President Bush: We do not torture. [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4916578 -

Gathering and using information gained by torture is endorsement, all be it tacit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: President Bush: We do not torture. [Re: psilomonkey]
    #4917227 -

I dont know what crap they are feeding you in the US media but the rest of the world already knows Rumsfeld sanctioned the 'gloves off' interrogation eg torture of prisoners

its funny you people call your anti bush people 'liberals'
from where the rest of the world sits US politics consists of 2 right wings

all i can say is fuck you all. keep on doing what you do and watch as noone sheds a tear when your country goes to shit

u think a superpower can't crumble overnight? Look what happenned to the USSR

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: President Bush: We do not torture. [Re: Mycena]
    #4917246 -

Quote:
u think a superpower can't crumble overnight? Look what happenned to the USSR



Obviously you know nothing about politics and/or history if you are attempting to compare the USSR and the US. They have different economies, political systems, and ideologies. We're not going anywhere.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: President Bush: We do not torture. [Re: Mycena]
    #4917302 -

Are you replying to my posts? If so I think you need to (re)-read them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Bush torturing almost 1,000,000 Americans
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Swami 7,420 77 12/18/03 10:29 AM
by medicinebag
* President Bush Is a FUCKING Retard !new quote! KingOftheThing 646 5 08/05/04 03:57 PM
by d33p
* Bad news for President Bush fft2 1,000 12 07/28/04 11:31 PM
by AhronZombi
* President Bush, You are a Fucking Moron.
( 1 2 3 all )
Anonymous 2,985 46 06/03/04 12:08 AM
by Redo
* 100 Reasons for voting against President Bush Jellric 618 3 05/07/04 03:38 AM
by luvdemshrooms
* The Plain Truth: President Bush Should Apologize To The Amer fft2 439 2 06/20/04 11:57 AM
by zappaisgod
* President Bush vs Governor Bush: The Great Debate SquattingMarmot 791 8 08/28/03 02:30 AM
by Cornholio
* Why President Bush is My Hero!
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 1,960 32 03/13/03 02:26 AM
by Fred Garvin

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
3,850 topic views. 1 members, 5 guests and 49 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.