Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Dessicant

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleblahblahblah
Mad Scientist

Loc: South America
Amonnium Nitrate Dessicant
    #486429 - 12/10/01 09:30 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

OK if you know anything about chemistry you're probably thinking WTF this kid is crazy. If not I will tell you why someone would think that.. Ammonium Nitrate is a high explosive, the kind Timmey used at Oklahoma City. Now everyone else is probably thinking wtf but the thing about ammonium nitrate is that IT IS a high explosive but only when detonated with something to prime it. See when using the ammonium nitrate alone it is not a high explosive, it needs something to break it apart molecularly to have any exposive power. A primer does that.

Now I know that it absorbs alot of water and when it does it lets off cold as part of its reaction with it. So theoretically you could use it as a dessicant. I belive that it does absorb alot of its weight in water, how much I am not certain. It also helps that as part of its reaction with water it lets off cold that means you wouldnt have to worry about heat damaging your fun stuff.

Now for all of you who think "hey this isn't safe shit why is he playing around with it", I have something for you, this is the stuff which they use in the INSTANT COLD packs. You break a little packet of amonium nitrate inside the package and it mixes with the water, chemical reaction occors and as part of the reaction it lets off cold. What do you think? I know it is not as practical as epsom salt but I think you can get the stuff for less than Dry Rite I think. The instant cold pack are like .50-$1.00 each and you get a good amount in it.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesylo
addict
Re: Amonnium Nitrate Dessicant [Re: blahblahblah]
    #486859 - 12/11/01 03:19 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Ammonium nitrate is a good dessicant. I think the salt they sell for ice removal, the kind that does not harm the grass- not the NaCl type, is also ammonium nitrate. It also makes a good fertilizer when you are finished.

Invisibleblahblahblah
Mad Scientist

Loc: South America
Re: Amonnium Nitrate Dessicant [Re: sylo]
    #486872 - 12/11/01 03:26 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I have seen these salts, the ones that arent the sodium chloride, I have look at the ingredients cause I was hoping that they would be ammonia nitrate and they have a whol buch of tetra whatevers in it. I wonder if these salts would also be good. Have you tried them?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Dessicant

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology