Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
What edibles have you been finding recently?
    #4784558 -

Here in the UK I've been mostly finding Boletus edulis (Cep, Porcini, King Bolete), Agaricus campestris (field mushroom), Boletus Badius (Bay bolete) and marasmius oreades (fairy ring champignon)

Theres been loads of Amanita rubescens (The Blusher) growing as well but I just don't like the idea of eating Amanita's....

What tasty gourmet shrooms have you guys been picking recently?  :smile:

--------------------



--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What edibles have you been finding recently? [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #4784701 -

Here in Colorado, we had a dry year. I stopped hunting back in September because it was so dry that pretty much nothing was coming up any more.

This year was OK for Morels. I also found some Chanterelles, King Boletes, Honey Mushrooms (Armillaria ostoyae), Sweet Tooth (Hydnum repandum), Enokitake (Flammulina populiphila), Lactarius deliciosus, Oyster Mushrooms (Pleurotus pulmonarius), and Shaggy Manes (Coprinus comatus). In spite of all that I don't think it was a good year here.

Oh, well. There's always next year.

Happy mushrooming!


--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What edibles have you been finding recently? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #4784805 -

I used to live in Pueblo, Colorado as a child before moving to the UK, got some fond memories of the Rockies  :smile:

Sorry to hear it's been a poor season.

I forgot to add that I'd found some Oyster mushrooms in June (the cold weather ones should be out soon here) and found a few Shaggy Manes a week ago.

My main haul is Boletes at the moment but the Blewits should be up soon  :smile:

--------------------



--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What edibles have you been finding recently? [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #4784983 -

Cantharellus formosus (pacific golden chanterelle)




Cantharellus subalbidus (white chanterelle)


Hericium abietis (goat's beard)



also saw some Lepiota rachodes around town, didn't pick them though.  hoping to find some matsutake soon :smile:

DH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What edibles have you been finding recently? [Re: spores]
    #4787210 -

Cantharellus subalbidus (white chanterelle)

Ahhh, I believe those are what I found the other day. Look like oyster on a fat-based dtem, bruse yellow. In pine needles. Looked tasty but never got around to IDing.


--------------------
Truckin' ain't for Sally's

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What edibles have you been finding recently? [Re: MasonsChild]
    #4787708 -

I've found some fairy ring mushrooms....


--------------------
"I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale, and never tried it again." Bill Clinton

"A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly fifteen hundred pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to induce a lethal response... In strict medical terms, marijuana is far safer than many of the foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death."

DEA Administrative Law Judge Francis L. Young
Opinion and Recommended Ruling, Findings of Fact,

http://www.hempfiles.com/php/quotes.php

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What edibles have you been finding recently? [Re: Mr_Psilocin]
    #4789088 -

I found a massive chicken of the woods last week. MMmmmmmm...MMMM!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What edibles have you been finding recently? [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4803694 -

Last weekend I found roughly 20lbs of Chanterelles and about 4lbs of White Chanterelles all together I have found about 30lbs of Chanterelles this year so far. Other than that just about 10lbs of Chicken of the Woods.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What edibles have you been finding recently? [Re: LaineRB]
    #4803791 -

I don't really hunt, to pick edibles, but sometimes I run across a nice little bunch.

I think these are Shaggy Mane. I don't know the latin nomenclature.



I don't know if this is an edible bolete, or not. It wasn't huge or anything.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What edibles have you been finding recently? [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #4806435 -

OK, I just came across a small patch (6 mushrooms) of Chlorophyllum rachodes. Strangely enough, they were growing in a lawn - I have never before seen this species growing in a lawn. They normally grow in wood chips under trees. In fact, whenever I find something that looks like them growing in a lawn it's a pretty safe bet that they're actually Chloropyllum molybdites.

Happy mushrooming!


--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What edibles have you been finding recently? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #4807568 -

Nice find Toxicman, I don't beleive we have those over here.

Just got back from a hunt in some woodland I hadn't explored before.

Didn't find many edibles apart from Fawn mushrooms (Pluteus cervinus) and Amethyst Deceivers (Laccaria amethystea)

--------------------



--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What edibles have you been finding recently? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #4807695 -

My swedish mushroom guide says there are two varieties - var. bohemica growing in lawns, and var. rhacodes usually growing under trees or in anthills. It also says that the lawn variety is sturdier and paler, and is suspected of having caused slighter poisonings.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What edibles have you been finding recently? [Re: Pinback]
    #4808171 -

Parasoles, they weren't in very good nick though !


--------------------
"Odrade read the word silently and then aloud.
"Arafel."
She knew this word.Reverend Mothers of the tyrants time had impressed it into the Bene Gesserit consciousness,tracing it's roots to the most ancient sources.
"Arafel:the cloud darkness at the end of the universe.""

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What edibles have you been finding recently? [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #4811232 -

Well today I went out with a mycologist buddy from the nearby university and found a plethora of different shrooms.

Horse mushrooms (Agaricus arvensis) Field mushrooms (Agaricus campestris, Honey mushrooms (Armillaria mellea) Beefsteak mushroom (Fistulina hepatica), numerous edible Boletes and a huge clump of Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum).

Reishi is extremely rare in the UK. It was the first time he'd come across one in 25 years of hunting!  :laugh:

--------------------



--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Need ID help in the Chanterelle family. Lizard King 3,880 17 06/20/03 08:48 AM
by GGreatOne234
* Edible or toxic? 2 species (pics)
( 1 2 all )
ledfethered 8,923 24 09/28/02 02:35 PM
by ledfethered
* Beautiful find! S. ambigua, H. aurantiaca, L. procera Joshua 1,446 4 12/28/02 11:25 AM
by angryshroom
* Uber Chanterelle find(PICS)
( 1 2 all )
Gumby 6,432 25 07/16/03 01:17 PM
by eric_the_red
* Lib caps and Chanterelle Pics Psychonaut 2,429 10 11/17/02 05:42 PM
by Coma of Souls
* when to look for good edibles after rains??!?! hotrod 1,417 7 07/09/03 03:05 PM
by Anonymous
* Help With edible hunting maduglyman 1,660 5 08/01/03 06:16 PM
by maduglyman
* Chanterelle, Black Trumpet, Amanita ruebescens... nofind_um 1,824 6 08/07/03 12:18 AM
by spiritshaper

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,822 topic views. 3 members, 14 guests and 39 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.