Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Intense abdominal pain after insuflated Ketamine use
    #3969198 - 03/25/05 02:43 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Last night I snorted some ketamine hcl, about 200mg of it, at 10pm. Great trip and all, but I woke up at 4am with INTENSE abdominal pain, in the middle of the top of my abdomen. I have never had this happen to me with K before, and I'm not sure if it was the K that caused it...so I'm just wondering if anyone can shed any light on this.

Anyone else get cramps or the like from K?

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: Intense abdominal pain after insuflated Ketamine use [Re: trendal]
    #3969251 - 03/25/05 03:01 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

i've done k a few times and never had anything like that, although i've never done more than about 130mg at a time. i've never heard of anything like that either.

its quite possible the pains are completely unrelated to the k. if it persists go see a doctor.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: Intense abdominal pain after insuflated Ketamine use [Re: alsey]
    #3969264 - 03/25/05 03:05 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

The pain was gone by the time I woke up at 7:30, but I have felt slightly nauseous all day long.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#3969361 - 03/25/05 03:31 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

I also just noticed that the area is still rather tender to the touch. It's RIGHT where the two halves of my rib cage meet, and if I press in slightly there I can feel dull pain while pressing in.

Anyone know what the symptoms of a stomach ulcer are?

--------------------

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
    #3969399 - 03/25/05 03:41 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

maybe you hurt yourself somehow on the ketamine and couldn't feel it cause, well, you were on ketamine.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3969400 - 03/25/05 03:41 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

I wish I could help you out with this but I'm going to stay with some general advice:
1. Is it slightly possible that you simply bumped into something during your sojourn?
2. I would stay far away from solid foods for 24 - 48 hrs and stick with gentle soups and bottled water, perhaps a salad without a vinegar based dressing (no acids).
3. Rest. Lay down and enjoy relaxing.

No alchohol for a few days.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: Intense abdominal pain after insuflated Ketamine use [Re: World Spirit]
    #3969423 - 03/25/05 03:46 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Well I remained horizontal (laying on my bed) for the duration of the trip, so I'm POSITIVE I didn't bump into anything, and this certainly does not feel like bruising. I also rarely drink alcohol and haven't had any at all in the past few weeks.

I'll take your advice about the food! I'm starting to worry it could be an ulcer, as now that I think of it this isn't the first time I've had pain like this in this area of my abdomen.

--------------------

InvisiblePawPaw
Picktish TexasStyle....

Loc: was born down in the sout...
    #3969460 - 03/25/05 03:56 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

It might be your diaphram and has nothing to do with k...
Mine has done that before twice and both times it was because of sleeping wrong....hopefully it isnt a ulcer

--------------------
Come to Paw Paws place there will be no sleeping tonight

Eric just wants to catch reds ..
Don?t look back, don?t look back
He?s right on your trail
He?s just a step away from hell
WDYWFM?

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3969463 - 03/25/05 03:57 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: Intense abdominal pain after insuflated Ketamine use [Re: World Spirit]
    #3969502 - 03/25/05 04:10 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Well I'd say I have about 50% of the symptoms: abdominal pain, loss of appetite, and pain after eating some foods.

--------------------

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3969513 - 03/25/05 04:14 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Alright. I would immediately stop all meat-eating and artificial foods. I want you eating fruits, salads, and soups (ORGANIC, NATURAL, QUALITY stuff) until the pain is gone. Period. No smoke. No artificial drinks. Water, water, water, and more water. Also get some Psillium Husk Seed Shavings to help you increase your fiber and help you eliminate your foods. Should be around $6 at Vitammin Shoppe.
Don't stress or worry during this time.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #3969741 - 03/25/05 05:31 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

I have heard of many cases of injected ketamine causing pain, but don't recall any related to snorting it. Wait..here we go. Here's a snippet taken from a K trip report on Erowid:

"This is where the health problems started manifesting themselves. A few associates of mine had started getting severe stomach pain which lasted a day or two after nights of heavy usage. The pain was so intense, they indicated that they would rather die than endure the pain any longer. One of them even went to the hospital where doctors and nurses could offer no explanation and sent them off with a prescription antacid. Eventually he also got a urinary tract infection from his heavy K usage.

We're not exactly sure what causes these problems, although we suspect it has something to do with the pH level of Ketamine HCl and/or the massive amounts of the HCl salt that we were putting into our stomach."

The poster mentioned that this started happening right after they had been increasing their usage and dosage of K (insufflated).

Also from the same report: "Just recently after increased usage I have started to experience BOTH of these problems at the same time, which has subsequently stopped my K usage completely. Urinary tract infections aren't very nice to deal with. The 'K-Pain' as we call is VERY intense and nothing seems to help (except doing more K, which only makes the pain worse when it comes back)."

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisiblePawPaw
Picktish TexasStyle....

Loc: was born down in the sout...
    #3969838 - 03/25/05 05:56 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Trendal the psyllium husk is the same thing as metamucil
I buy the big 23.3 oz at wall-mart and its called Equate and a lot cheaper...less than $4

--------------------
Come to Paw Paws place there will be no sleeping tonight

Eric just wants to catch reds ..
He?s right on your trail
He?s just a step away from hell
WDYWFM?

Offlinematjiz
Stranger
Re: Intense abdominal pain after insuflated Ketamine use [Re: PawPaw]
    #4412398 - 07/16/05 05:14 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

maybe you shouldnt have snorted soooo much k then. next time do it little by little. i have personally never done k but my husband matjiz has and he hasnt really told me any symptoms but if he did i would help you. sorry

Offlinethegaruda
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Intense abdominal pain after insuflated Ketamine use [Re: matjiz]
    #4413974 - 07/17/05 02:11 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

it has nothing to do with how much you do..

its about how your body is before you do it with all drugs

the main system that is affect by your barbitual/ anthestic use is your kidney/liver. as it has to filter out those poision out of your blood. that shyt prolly inflammed your liver a lil bit which is on your back side upper adomen.

i agree

to correct this drink lots and lots of water, and when yoru sick of it dirnk some more water.

i would actually recommend stayinmg away from fruits as the contain alot of sugars and acid and can agrivate this. i would recommend some bland veggies, like lettuce or shyt of that nature.

and plenty of water. if it hurst after like 4 days or so, go to the doctor and get an ultrasound you could have reputerd your gallbladder from that (as it controls your liver functions) this is fatal :frown:

Offlinegoob
Sleepy

Re: Intense abdominal pain after insuflated Ketamine use [Re: Jellric]
    #4414077 - 07/17/05 04:34 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Jellric said:
We're not exactly sure what causes these problems, although we suspect it has something to do with the pH level of Ketamine HCl and/or the massive amounts of the HCl salt that we were putting into our stomach."

That's one place to start from: Just what IS the PH of ketamine?

(PS. Love your avatar Jellric}

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #4414250 - 07/17/05 09:14 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i've had the exact same thing happen to me after a night of speed and cocaine use (along with heavy drinking, and very little eating). i couldn't really pin-point it to any one thing, but my instincts point to the speed (which may have been of questionable quality). anyhow, i just ate 'mushy' foods for a few days, and the pain went away after maybe 3 days... hope the same is true in your case!

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #4776120 - 10/09/05 08:15 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Well it happened again...

After a small binge of K use last night (about 500mg over the night, all insuflated) I woke up again at around 4am with INTENSE pain in my abdomen (upper-right quadrant).

At the time I did not remember this happening before (hey, it was 4am) and though I wondered if it could be the K I was seriously concerned that it was my appendix. I have a HIGH pain tolerance (I break arms/legs without realizing they're broken) but this was almost too much pain for me to bear. I was a couple minutes away from a hospital trip when the pain started to subside a little - if I lay in a certain position.

This morning the pain is completely gone, though some mild discomfort remains. I just remembered about this thread and that this had happened before with Ketamine use.

I have used K plenty of times, and have only had this happen twice now. I've used quite a bit more ketamine in single sessions without this happening.

Any ideas what is causing this?

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #4776167 - 10/09/05 08:38 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

What's your diet like? Used any opiates recently?

I've had pain that was terrifying, I thought my appendix had to be inflamed, I could barely stand up. It was poop.

Eating more vegetables helps.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Intense abdominal pain after insuflated Ketamine use [Re: Phluck]
    #4776175 - 10/09/05 08:42 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

My diet is fine, and I haven't used any opiates in months (like 6).

Yeah the main reason I didn't go to the hospital thinking it was my appendix is because I've had bad gas pain before and this felt superficially the same (though far more intense than anything I've experienced other than the last time this happened with K).

I am positive this has something to do with the Ketamine, as I don't get these kind of pains when I haven't used any K (and even then, it's just been twice now).

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale