Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
hydroponic mushrooms
    #472392 - 11/28/01 01:29 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

just a thought but I was thinking about the idea of fruiting using a liquid substrate. get a tub of dextrose water and innoculate. then fix a coco coir brick or some such porous casing layer halfway submirged or with an inch or so protruding from it to form pins. its probably more hassle than its worth but has anyone ever tried/experimented with anything like this?

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: hydroponic mushrooms [Re: BeppoMarx]
    #472794 - 11/28/01 07:19 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

its an interesting idea, i have thought similar things myself...
it sounds risky, maybe some h2o2 would help...
but once i've seen my mom do an interesting with a plant: we were going out on vacations and for the plant not to dry, she buried some cloth close to roots and put the other end of the cloth (wet cloth) in a water reservoir... the plant simply sucks the water and you dont have to take care of it. ive tried the same with shrooms, works wonders to provide water. the only deal is that the reservoir needs to stay in a level below the rest - otherwise water will keep dropping (pascal has firured it out a long time ago). i think you may adapt my idea with your nutrient water... just watch out for the contams and tell us your results.

Edited by felixhigh (11/28/01 07:22 PM)

OfflineDarK_SavioR
addict
Loc: Down the Street
Re: hydroponic mushrooms [Re: BeppoMarx]
    #473071 - 11/28/01 11:10 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Interesting idea... this just came to mind, but you could rig up a fish pump on a timer or something, have it running to a bottle or something with your nutrient water in it and have another piece of hose running from that to your casing. Might be able to close off the end of the hose that goes to the casing and put holes down the sides of it, run that across the bottom or something and have perlite down there to help allow the nutrients to spread around. Contams are a risk, but if you keep the nutrients that far below the surface it'd help eliminate the risk a lot more (I'd assume). Dunno if it'd be worth the hassle though, the nutrients would probably just allow you to get more flushes, but chances are contams will get your surface after a few flushes anyway.

--------------------
Vitamin C chase, kill the taste. You can tell its nasty by the look on my face.
Ralphster44 & The FSR!
All thats stated above is for humor and a lie!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate