Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKindnug
Male
Loc: Midwest, Go Bears
Re: Hydroponic Mushrooms [Re: mycofile]
    #572392 - 03/07/02 10:35 AM (22 years, 17 days ago)

both Myco sevice and mycofile, I stand corrected. I never in my wildest dreams would have thought that mushrooms could grow in water, much less on a synthetic foam!!! Ever since I first got my pod I have been thinking about nutrients in the water, glad to hear that you have been working on that!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethem_26
enthusiast
Re: Hydroponic Mushrooms [Re: Kindnug]
    #572406 - 03/07/02 10:49 AM (22 years, 17 days ago)

Stop posting. Your fingers have the distinct fragrance of stinky feet. and thats The -----! Its burning my eyes. Use a little tact next time.
There will be a next time, eh?

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: them_26]
    #572416 - 03/07/02 11:02 AM (22 years, 17 days ago)

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: Hydroponic Mushrooms [Re: Anonymous]
    #572451 - 03/07/02 11:51 AM (22 years, 17 days ago)

Hmm come on everyone no need to bash each other.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: Hydroponic Mushrooms [Re: baraka]
    #572452 - 03/07/02 11:53 AM (22 years, 17 days ago)

Them cakes in the pics had a great pinset. Good job!

expirementation leads to new and possible better methods.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: baraka]
    #572456 - 03/07/02 12:00 PM (22 years, 17 days ago)

OfflineKindnug
Male
    #572597 - 03/07/02 02:54 PM (22 years, 17 days ago)

Nice nuggets baraka, myco service!!!! If more of these pricks would smoke some weed once in a while, they wouldn't be so negative all of the time. You were right to post MycoService, and please keep posting. I think that your results with coco husk speak for themselves, and are very impressive. If we could just get rid of the thousands of shit-talkers with nothing important to say or share; then this forum would be a much nicer place

InvisibleNighted
Ghost

Loc: Funkytown
    #572644 - 03/07/02 04:02 PM (22 years, 17 days ago)

Um....ok....whatever buddy. You appear out of nowhere and so far every one of your posts are in this thread, all backing McMan....

You can take your truce and shove it where the sun don't shine.

--------------------

Freedom defined is freedom denied.

Nighted is better than Google. Please take time to rate 5/5. Thanks!

OfflineKindnug
Male
Re: Hydroponic Mushrooms [Re: Nighted]
    #572650 - 03/07/02 04:10 PM (22 years, 17 days ago)

Truce? I could give 2 shits about you man, from everything I've heard you are fairly new too. And like others have said many of your ideas just aren't good. I back MycoService because I know from experience that his stuff works, where are your pictures, where are your teks (ones that will work I mean)? Oh yeah, you don't have a digi yet. How convenient for the unabomber, he can talk shit all day without backing anything up......

OfflineHumboldtHort
    #573783 - 03/08/02 09:27 PM (22 years, 16 days ago)

Why post Mycotek? All you seem to do is plug your hydropod and mention things that you're working on without giving any kind of details. Your information isn't very helpful when it's that ambiguious. Post in the vendors forum.

--------------------
A gram is better than a damn

OfflineHumboldtHort
    #573790 - 03/08/02 09:38 PM (22 years, 16 days ago)

Maybe I should clarify. Like what nutrients are you using? What are these proteins that you refer to? Are you going to try to patent glucose as well? Are you using say:
Magnesium chloride
Magnesium sulfate
potassium chloride
potassium dihydrogen orthophosphate
potassium nitrate
potassium sulfate
sodium dihydrogen orthophosphate
sodium nitrate
sodium sulfate
and some type of sugar like glucose?

Why not share your information with others?

--------------------

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: HumboldtHort]
    #573835 - 03/08/02 10:44 PM (22 years, 16 days ago)

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #573887 - 03/08/02 11:58 PM (22 years, 16 days ago)

mycotek, first of all regarding our exchange above. I didn't mean to dis you by saying you were off topic on the hydro issue. I very poorly communicated the notion that what a lot of people have passed off in the past as hydroponic shrooms were in fact far from it. It didn't really come out right, I wasn't trying to run you off for that, only make a point as to what is considered hydroponic, where is the line etc.

Now, lets get a couple of other things straight. If you want to play inventor, and keep recipes etc secret so you can make a buck, fine. But at least have the balls to say so. We may not like it or your business or posting practices anymore than we do now, but I for one would have a little more respect for you. Hiding behind a lame ass excuse like "it will only work in my perfect and expensive machine" is so full of shit you could grow shrooms from it. Do you really think that there aren't many other, cheaper, easier DIY ways of getting around any problem or environmental parameter than your expensive kits? You seem to forget that people have been growing without any of your products, and many haven't seen anything come from you that gives better results. Yeah they are nice and turnkey, but nothing revolutionary so far as results. The mcultivator looked cool, but didn't even outyield shroomgod. The pod is very nice, but it's results aren't any better than what's been done for years without it. It's just a little easier, a little prettier and a lot more expensive.
In reply to:

FYI, the substrate would do you and the others here no good since it is specially designed to work in conjunction with the Hydra-Pod's hydration system.

Bullshit. I gaurantee you that within a month of you sharing the substrate, somebody on here could find a good use for it. The hydra-pod's hydration system is nice, but there are other ways around it that don't include buying from you. That's why you don't want to publish it, not because it would be no good to us. I can think of about 10 ways off the top of my head to possibly use the substrate without your pod, and only one of them is making the pod myself. So, do you really think people like myself, Anno etc etc etc couldn't find a use for it without the pod? Or is the point that you don't care if anybody could use it, you just want to keep a monopoly on it, not only retail, but also as an excuse to hype yourself in threads?
In reply to:

So, besides wether or not you guys will ever actually use it or benefit from it is totally irrelevant. What is relevant is the fact that it can be done and is being done in my research and that is why I responded in this post in the first place. To validate the possibility of what said could not be done.

Hmmmm, what sounds more relevant to 99% of the people reading this? The possiblity that something read here will be useful or beneficial to us, or the nearly useless fact that somebody is working on some secretive R&D for a product which the vast majority of us will never buy? Mycotek, I think you just made a very public statement as to why you are on the boards. To hype your products. You just said yourself that it is irrelevant if we get any benefit from your experiments, the only relevance here is that you get a press release to hype your company. That's spam, by deffinition, and certainly doesn't seem like it belongs in a forum intended for people to share experiments, not give press releases hyping a company image.

You've got neat products. You are a skilled cultivator. You seem to be a skilled business man. But you are a horrible liar. The reason you won't post a recipe has nothing to do with the fact that you don't think it would be helpful. It's because you want to have the monopoly on it if it works out. And not just from other vendors who may sell it, but from people who might want to make it themselves. Just admit it.

Or prove me wrong. Post it. Or for that matter, if you aren't at a publishable point, post or otherwise share the original blueprints for the McCultivator. You originally claimed a lame ass excuse for not sharing those too, remember? Something about your lawyer not allowing you to share them because of the massive scale you would be producing them at. Well, we all know you aren't producing any of them at all, so I bet your lawyer wouldn't mind you sharing them, right. Or was that just another gimmick. You knew then that whether you shared the plans or not, it wouldn't affect your sales, cuz the people who would buy one of those things wouldn't have even looked at the plans. But by not sharing them, you could fill hundreds, thousands of posts in other threads with bits and pieces of helpful information, and lots of spam, product press releases, and company image building. Just like you are doing now. You are a shrewd PR man, I'll give you that. but don't insult me by thinking that it isn't obvious.

One other thing: you've always said that you don't care what people around here think about you. That is true. You just want to hype your products and build your company, it's name recognition and company image. No publicity is bad publicity, right?

BTW. you can't just say that "we are running you off for trying to help". I just encouraged you to help. If you want to that is.....

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

OfflineHumboldtHort
Re: Hydroponic Mushrooms [Re: mycofile]
    #573908 - 03/09/02 12:26 AM (22 years, 15 days ago)

Word. Now let's stop bickering and talk about actually growing shrooms.

--------------------

Invisible00Zen
Stranger
Re: Hydroponic Mushrooms [Re: HumboldtHort]
    #573964 - 03/09/02 02:18 AM (22 years, 15 days ago)

Ps.C. mycelia produce psilocybin in amounts relative to fruit bodies in the presence of necessary nutrients. The following nutrient solution is intended for hyper-agitated growth of mycelia to achieve highest alkaloid content but yields diminished fruiting power and rapid aging. By reducing the glucose by half (to 40g in the following example) this solution can be used as an effective hydroponics solution to colonize mycelium on inert substrate or submerged cultures. Saturated substrate that has been colonized is susceptible to fruiting at any open-air interface when exposed to light and/or a reduction in ambient temperature.

Product: 100 g of concentrated Synthetic Nutrient Solution
Concentration: 100 g will produce 8 L of aqueous nutrient solution.
Acidity: 12.5 g of concentrate should produce 1 L of solution with a pH of 5.5
Quality: Does not need to meet reagent purity, food grade is acceptable.
Make Up: Relevance of definition in the order of Formula, Name, then CAS RN:
(Recommended CAS RN may not be the optimum form of substance)

1. Glucose (C6H12O6) [80 g] CAS: [50-99-7]
2. Ammonium Succinate (C4H12N2O4) [8 g] CAS: [2226-88-2]
3. Yeast Extract (Organic Extract) [4 g] CAS: [8013-01-2]
4. Magnesium Sulfate (MgSO4-7H2O) [4 g] CAS: [7487-88-9]
5. Glycine (C2H5NO2) [3 g] CAS: [CAS 56-40-6]
6. Potassium Phosphate (KH2PO4) [800 mg] CAS: [7778-77-0]
7. Thiamine Hydrochloride (C12H17ClN4OS HCl) [24 mg] CAS: [67-03-8]
8. Ferrous Sulfate, Heptahydrate (FeSO4-7H2O) [20 mg] CAS: [7720-78-7]
9. Cupric Sulfate, 5-Hydrate (CuSO4-5H2O) [4 mg] CAS: [7758-98-7]
10. Manganese Chloride, 4-Hydrate (MnCl2-4H2O) [2.8 mg] CAS: [7773-01-5]
11. Zinc Sulfate, Heptahydrate (ZnSO4-7H2O) [2.4 mg] CAS: [7733-02-0]
12. Ammonium Molybdate, 4-Hydrate ((NH4)6Mo7O24-4H2O) [.4 mg] CAS: [12027-67-7]
13. DiHydrogen Oxide (H2O) [146.4 mg - X] CAS: [7732-18-5]
14. Hydrochloric Acid (HCl) [X mg] adjusted to balance solution pH when properly diluted.

Further details, references, and novel apparatus can be found in the thread titled: Enhanced Psilocybin Production

-Zen

InvisibleMicronMagick
old hand

Post deleted by users_request [Re: mycofile]
    #574198 - 03/09/02 12:09 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

OfflineHumboldtHort
Re: Hydroponic Mushrooms [Re: 00Zen]
    #574236 - 03/09/02 01:13 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

Zen, how do you deal with being sterile when using a solution? Do you autoclave the solution? When autoclaving, do you change the chemical composition? Have you tried this out? Why would you want the pH to be at 5.5? Are some of the substances in an unavailable form at a higher pH? I thought the ideal pH range for mycelium was between 6.8-7.2. Anyway, thanks for the post.

--------------------

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: mycofile]
    #574249 - 03/09/02 01:33 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

InvisibleCLuB99
lost somewhere in time and space
Male User Gallery

Loc: my mind
    #574353 - 03/09/02 03:45 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

cool down guys please, this is advanced cultivation not a bitchin forum
keep the thread in topic or i'll close it

OfflineHisStudent
enthusiast

Re: Hydroponic Mushrooms [Re: HumboldtHort]
    #574372 - 03/09/02 04:11 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

I thought this might be the right thread to share a few ideas I have had pertaining to this subject somewhat.

I was thinking that it might be possible to use some sort of wick to deliver a nutrient solution to colonized fruiting cake. I have seen this done with potted plants where one or more nylon cords (rope) are hung from holes in the bottom of a pot. The pot is set on a block in a larger pot and the cords are left suspended in a nutrient solution or plain water. As the soil dries, water is wicked up from the reservoir constantly replenishing the soil with what it needs. All the plants water and food needs can be met with this type of set up (I have seen it done,works great).

What I am proposing is just a variation on the PF TEK in that a wick would be placed in the PF jar along with the BRF/Verm prior to sterilization. The PF jars would then be allowed to colonize. Upon full colonization the jars would be birthed.
But unlike standard cakes, this cake would be setting on another jar full of whatever solution with its wick dangling in it.

I?m thinking the cord could either be packed loosely thought the entire jar so that it is running though much of the substrate or possibly one large knot could be tied at one end and placed directly in the center of the substrate. The remaining portion of the wick would be coiled up on top of the verm layer. A hole the diameter of the wick (cord) would be made in the lid of the jar and stuffed with polly fill for air exchange during incubation. This hole would be used later to send the wick though. The jars would then be sterilized in whatever manner, inoculated and then left to colonize.

Another jar would be prepared the same way as the first in that you would punch a hole in it the same diameter as your wick and stuffed with polly. This jar would be filled with your solution and sterilized.

Upon full colonization the jars would be birthed in this manner...

In a sterile area (stove, hood, glove box)...
Remove the lid of the jar
Pull out polly
Pull wick though
Place cake back on underside of lid
Remove polly from reservoir jar
Send wick though lid into jar
Place birthed cake on top of reservoir jar.
Tape around the lids where the tops meet

Birth the jars.....

Variations could be...

More than one cord hanging from the bottom of the cake i.e. one or two long cords strung though the cake and the ends hanging from two/four holes punched in the lid.

coco, floral foam, perlite? used instead of verm.

Wicks of various materials such as cotton, 50/50 cotton polyester.
If nylon would hold up during sterilization I think it would be a good choice, as it will not decompose.

This is all hypothetical. I have no experience yet with mushrooms as of yet. I am gathering my materials and hope to start soon. I have never tried this but probably will sooner or latter.

Just a thought.

If nothing it may be a decent way to keep a cake wet with just plain H2O
instead of dunking.

But what the hell do I know.......

--------------------
I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.
- Jack Handey

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale