Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineVandenberg
journeyman
Loc: Australia
Hydroponic Mushrooms
    #568099 - 03/02/02 10:03 PM (22 years, 21 days ago)

Im thinking of experimenting with hydro food and foam to create super long
"cake" life. You just dip the foam (low density) in the mix and then innoculate the foam (havnt worked this bit out) then when the flushes deteriorate you just dip it again!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNighted
Ghost

Loc: Funkytown
Re: Hydroponic Mushrooms [Re: Vandenberg]
    #568263 - 03/03/02 02:42 AM (22 years, 21 days ago)

It won't work.

--------------------

Freedom defined is freedom denied.

Nighted is better than Google. Please take time to rate 5/5. Thanks!

OfflineKindnug
Male
Loc: Midwest, Go Bears
Re: Hydroponic Mushrooms [Re: Nighted]
    #571162 - 03/06/02 01:47 AM (22 years, 18 days ago)

wow, now this is a dumb idea. Just get a Hydrapod, don't be a cheap ass.

OfflineVandenberg
journeyman
Loc: Australia
Re: Hydroponic Mushrooms [Re: Kindnug]
    #571188 - 03/06/02 02:24 AM (22 years, 18 days ago)

Oh thankyou

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #571411 - 03/06/02 09:27 AM (22 years, 18 days ago)

Actually, it's not a bad idea. It's not a very popular idea, cuz so many noobs fill up bandwith with pipe dreams and no progress. Everybody thank thinks about it thinks too much along the hydro weed lines, but this isn't weed, it's fungus. It's nutrient and environmental needs are much different. I recomend you talk to doc charlie (aka dr. charles lindeman) if you can find him. He did a lot of research with floral foam which he was really excited about a while back. He thought it had the potential to not only revolutionize our hobby, but end world hunger too. Back in the Drool Donkey days it seemed as if he would get somewhere before he got popped. Don't know if he ever picked the experiments back up after he got released. So, contact him if you can, or search around the shroomery and the Forest floor to see if you can find any of his old posts. Good luck, but don't expect much help or entusiasm from most members. People would even roll eyes and sigh at the liked and respected dr. BTW, tell him I said howdy if you find him.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
Re: Hydroponic Mushrooms [Re: mycofile]
    #571471 - 03/06/02 10:50 AM (22 years, 18 days ago)

I was thinking of experimenting with this awhile ago, but forget. One problem, might be that the second stage, mycelium, has a definite life span. Not sure though.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: mycofile]
    #571477 - 03/06/02 10:55 AM (22 years, 18 days ago)

InvisibleNighted
Ghost

Re: Hydroponic Mushrooms [Re: Anonymous]
    #571492 - 03/06/02 11:15 AM (22 years, 18 days ago)

Commercial growers have been trying to do this for years. I've discussed this with commercial growers and professors with doctorates in mycology. Many have laughed it off or deemed it impossible. I will believe it when I see it.

--------------------

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: Nighted]
    #571585 - 03/06/02 01:11 PM (22 years, 18 days ago)

InvisibleNighted
Ghost

#571661 - 03/06/02 02:43 PM (22 years, 18 days ago)

What!? You're going to make me do a search? You could have posted the link...

P.S.
Forgive me for being skeptical, but your previous endeavours only give credence to my argument. C'mon...hydro-pod? Weren't you the one responsible for the "spore spreader" too? Please...

n00b's may fall for your spiel but the rest of us see you for the snake oil salesman that you appear to be. There...I've said it. Now come back and talk the talk when you can walk the walk. I promise, I'll eat my words.

--------------------

Edited by Nighted (03/06/02 04:16 PM)

OfflineAzure
old hand
Loc: California, USA
    #571981 - 03/06/02 10:13 PM (22 years, 17 days ago)

Whatever myco is using, it does produce incredible flushes...He's not bullshitting about giving someone some of the formula and testing it...I remember seeing the pictures.

OfflineKindnug
Male
    #572075 - 03/06/02 11:56 PM (22 years, 17 days ago)

No offense Myco, but this person was talking about synthetic foam as a medium. Organic coco husk is a far different thing that you are talking about. Speaking in ganja terms, it would be like comparing a soil medium to a hydro medium. Your theory is to use Coco-husk as a solid carrier that is innoculated (or spawned) and supplemented with purely water. He is talking of inoculating standing water, in a way; because you could never inoculate a synthetic foam by itself. And even if you got some 1/4" layer of myc growing on it, what good do you think that would do you in terms of fruiting? I mean, correct me if I'm wrong here, but I've never heard of mushrooms growing in standing water. Much less in moving water like a hydroponic system. And to redip it in (un-sterile probably) juice every once in a while? You are much better off getting a pod and this new substrate Myco is talking about. From other responses it sounds like this idea has already been tried unsucessfully by people who know what they are doing. I can testify to the pods and I have seen all of the coconut substrate pics, everything Myco says about it is very true. Can't wait to get my hands on some myself!!!!

OfflineKindnug
Male
    #572100 - 03/07/02 12:15 AM (22 years, 17 days ago)

eat your words Nighted, the pods work. And work better than whatever you are using I'm sure, because otherwise you would have info to back up your argument. Or can you really call it that? More like aggressive statements from a man with way too much time on his hands. Oh yeah, next time you might want to say why you don't like something; you know they call them reasons: don't just keep acting like a prick your whole life. Snake oil huh? If Myco said it was good for the pod, I'd buy it!!!!! I'm not afraid to try new ideas, even if they cost some money to try. With a warranty like the Hydrapod, you can't lose.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: Kindnug]
    #572136 - 03/07/02 12:56 AM (22 years, 17 days ago)

OfflineKindnug
Male
    #572168 - 03/07/02 01:24 AM (22 years, 17 days ago)

Wow, that is quite impressive. If I can get enough jars of that stuff for 3 pods, I will be in heaven!!! Much different than what my stuff looked like, which is probably why I am of course having problems! Oh well, it's fun anyway. I have a bunch of grain jars I am incubating, about 5 different strains total with 2-3 each. How would I go about picking the best strain (inoculated with multi-spore syringe) between the 2 jars of each strain? I'm thinking I should attempt this if I have to spawn those jars you are hooking me up with myself. Is there a way, something to look for to pick between the jars? Sorry if that quote pissed you off before, I was simply trying to point out that you have nutrients on (or bonded, in a loose sense of the word) the cake itself, there is no transfer of nutrients from the water supply. Hell, I don't know. If you can say that using a organic material like coco husk (who cares if its nuetral like foam, there are many things in nature with nuetral p.h.) is similar to foam, then I guess it should in theory also be possible to chop or grind up a bunch of foam to the same texture as coco husk and supplement it with the same 5% nutrients as you are using with positive results. But I just don't see that happening. I might be wrong though, and I'd love to be proven wrong here (about spawning or inoculating foam) That was really all I was trying to point out to whoever started this post who we haven't heard from in a while.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: Anonymous]
    #572172 - 03/07/02 01:27 AM (22 years, 17 days ago)

OfflineZorba
journeyman

Loc: Victoria, B.C.
    #572183 - 03/07/02 01:40 AM (22 years, 17 days ago)

That does look pretty nice Myco. I would be more impressed if you did a couple jars using geolite pebbles though. Mind you, I don't know if they would hold enough moisture, but it would be a good experiment that looks a little more "hydroponic" for all the naysayers. Why not give it a shot.

Cheers

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: Kindnug]
    #572187 - 03/07/02 01:47 AM (22 years, 17 days ago)

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #572363 - 03/07/02 09:51 AM (22 years, 17 days ago)

mycoteck, as interesting as your subject may be, it has nothing to do with hydroponic mushrooms. Coco husks can be considered by definition to be a soil. I know, I wouldn't have thought so at first, but just look up hydroponic and soil in a dictionary. Still somewhat interesting stuff, but I guess you'll be selling it without publishing a formula, huh? If so, then it's pretty worthless to the vast majority of people here who are in a forum for experimenting, not reading adverts and corporate public relations press releases. Hopefully I'm wrong and you will post a recipe. If so, accept my apology in advance.

Anyway, a couple of things. Shrooms do and can grow from a nutrient solution. Even under water. Some pics were posted here a while back where it happened by accident. Fruits were straight up growing under water. Another thing, don't discount entirely the foam, nutrient solution idea. It has potential, it will just take some working on. From the little playing with it that I did, I found floral foam to be very contam resistant regardless of how contam prone you may think the liquid solution would be. Things like trich would show up, and look like they were going to spread, then they would just die and go away! If anybody finds doc dharlie, I'm sure he'll elaborate as he did way more testing than I did. Anyway, that's all for now.

--------------------

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

OfflineKindnug
Male
    #572392 - 03/07/02 10:35 AM (22 years, 17 days ago)

both Myco sevice and mycofile, I stand corrected. I never in my wildest dreams would have thought that mushrooms could grow in water, much less on a synthetic foam!!! Ever since I first got my pod I have been thinking about nutrients in the water, glad to hear that you have been working on that!!!!

Offlinethem_26
enthusiast
    #572406 - 03/07/02 10:49 AM (22 years, 17 days ago)

Stop posting. Your fingers have the distinct fragrance of stinky feet. and thats The -----! Its burning my eyes. Use a little tact next time.
There will be a next time, eh?

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: them_26]
    #572416 - 03/07/02 11:02 AM (22 years, 17 days ago)

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
    #572451 - 03/07/02 11:51 AM (22 years, 17 days ago)

Hmm come on everyone no need to bash each other.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: Hydroponic Mushrooms [Re: baraka]
    #572452 - 03/07/02 11:53 AM (22 years, 17 days ago)

Them cakes in the pics had a great pinset. Good job!

expirementation leads to new and possible better methods.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: baraka]
    #572456 - 03/07/02 12:00 PM (22 years, 17 days ago)

OfflineKindnug
Male
    #572597 - 03/07/02 02:54 PM (22 years, 17 days ago)

Nice nuggets baraka, myco service!!!! If more of these pricks would smoke some weed once in a while, they wouldn't be so negative all of the time. You were right to post MycoService, and please keep posting. I think that your results with coco husk speak for themselves, and are very impressive. If we could just get rid of the thousands of shit-talkers with nothing important to say or share; then this forum would be a much nicer place

InvisibleNighted
Ghost

#572644 - 03/07/02 04:02 PM (22 years, 17 days ago)

Um....ok....whatever buddy. You appear out of nowhere and so far every one of your posts are in this thread, all backing McMan....

You can take your truce and shove it where the sun don't shine.

--------------------

OfflineKindnug
Male
    #572650 - 03/07/02 04:10 PM (22 years, 17 days ago)

Truce? I could give 2 shits about you man, from everything I've heard you are fairly new too. And like others have said many of your ideas just aren't good. I back MycoService because I know from experience that his stuff works, where are your pictures, where are your teks (ones that will work I mean)? Oh yeah, you don't have a digi yet. How convenient for the unabomber, he can talk shit all day without backing anything up......

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: Nighted]
    #573372 - 03/06/02 07:25 PM (22 years, 18 days ago)

OfflineHumboldtHort
    #573783 - 03/08/02 09:27 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

Why post Mycotek? All you seem to do is plug your hydropod and mention things that you're working on without giving any kind of details. Your information isn't very helpful when it's that ambiguious. Post in the vendors forum.

--------------------
A gram is better than a damn

OfflineHumboldtHort
    #573790 - 03/08/02 09:38 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

Maybe I should clarify. Like what nutrients are you using? What are these proteins that you refer to? Are you going to try to patent glucose as well? Are you using say:
Magnesium chloride
Magnesium sulfate
potassium chloride
potassium dihydrogen orthophosphate
potassium nitrate
potassium sulfate
sodium dihydrogen orthophosphate
sodium nitrate
sodium sulfate
and some type of sugar like glucose?

Why not share your information with others?

--------------------

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: HumboldtHort]
    #573835 - 03/08/02 10:44 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #573887 - 03/08/02 11:58 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

mycotek, first of all regarding our exchange above. I didn't mean to dis you by saying you were off topic on the hydro issue. I very poorly communicated the notion that what a lot of people have passed off in the past as hydroponic shrooms were in fact far from it. It didn't really come out right, I wasn't trying to run you off for that, only make a point as to what is considered hydroponic, where is the line etc.

Now, lets get a couple of other things straight. If you want to play inventor, and keep recipes etc secret so you can make a buck, fine. But at least have the balls to say so. We may not like it or your business or posting practices anymore than we do now, but I for one would have a little more respect for you. Hiding behind a lame ass excuse like "it will only work in my perfect and expensive machine" is so full of shit you could grow shrooms from it. Do you really think that there aren't many other, cheaper, easier DIY ways of getting around any problem or environmental parameter than your expensive kits? You seem to forget that people have been growing without any of your products, and many haven't seen anything come from you that gives better results. Yeah they are nice and turnkey, but nothing revolutionary so far as results. The mcultivator looked cool, but didn't even outyield shroomgod. The pod is very nice, but it's results aren't any better than what's been done for years without it. It's just a little easier, a little prettier and a lot more expensive.
In reply to:

FYI, the substrate would do you and the others here no good since it is specially designed to work in conjunction with the Hydra-Pod's hydration system.

Bullshit. I gaurantee you that within a month of you sharing the substrate, somebody on here could find a good use for it. The hydra-pod's hydration system is nice, but there are other ways around it that don't include buying from you. That's why you don't want to publish it, not because it would be no good to us. I can think of about 10 ways off the top of my head to possibly use the substrate without your pod, and only one of them is making the pod myself. So, do you really think people like myself, Anno etc etc etc couldn't find a use for it without the pod? Or is the point that you don't care if anybody could use it, you just want to keep a monopoly on it, not only retail, but also as an excuse to hype yourself in threads?
In reply to:

So, besides wether or not you guys will ever actually use it or benefit from it is totally irrelevant. What is relevant is the fact that it can be done and is being done in my research and that is why I responded in this post in the first place. To validate the possibility of what said could not be done.

Hmmmm, what sounds more relevant to 99% of the people reading this? The possiblity that something read here will be useful or beneficial to us, or the nearly useless fact that somebody is working on some secretive R&D for a product which the vast majority of us will never buy? Mycotek, I think you just made a very public statement as to why you are on the boards. To hype your products. You just said yourself that it is irrelevant if we get any benefit from your experiments, the only relevance here is that you get a press release to hype your company. That's spam, by deffinition, and certainly doesn't seem like it belongs in a forum intended for people to share experiments, not give press releases hyping a company image.

You've got neat products. You are a skilled cultivator. You seem to be a skilled business man. But you are a horrible liar. The reason you won't post a recipe has nothing to do with the fact that you don't think it would be helpful. It's because you want to have the monopoly on it if it works out. And not just from other vendors who may sell it, but from people who might want to make it themselves. Just admit it.

Or prove me wrong. Post it. Or for that matter, if you aren't at a publishable point, post or otherwise share the original blueprints for the McCultivator. You originally claimed a lame ass excuse for not sharing those too, remember? Something about your lawyer not allowing you to share them because of the massive scale you would be producing them at. Well, we all know you aren't producing any of them at all, so I bet your lawyer wouldn't mind you sharing them, right. Or was that just another gimmick. You knew then that whether you shared the plans or not, it wouldn't affect your sales, cuz the people who would buy one of those things wouldn't have even looked at the plans. But by not sharing them, you could fill hundreds, thousands of posts in other threads with bits and pieces of helpful information, and lots of spam, product press releases, and company image building. Just like you are doing now. You are a shrewd PR man, I'll give you that. but don't insult me by thinking that it isn't obvious.

One other thing: you've always said that you don't care what people around here think about you. That is true. You just want to hype your products and build your company, it's name recognition and company image. No publicity is bad publicity, right?

BTW. you can't just say that "we are running you off for trying to help". I just encouraged you to help. If you want to that is.....

--------------------

OfflineHumboldtHort
    #573908 - 03/09/02 12:26 AM (22 years, 15 days ago)

Word. Now let's stop bickering and talk about actually growing shrooms.

--------------------

Invisible00Zen
Stranger
Re: Hydroponic Mushrooms [Re: HumboldtHort]
    #573964 - 03/09/02 02:18 AM (22 years, 15 days ago)

Ps.C. mycelia produce psilocybin in amounts relative to fruit bodies in the presence of necessary nutrients. The following nutrient solution is intended for hyper-agitated growth of mycelia to achieve highest alkaloid content but yields diminished fruiting power and rapid aging. By reducing the glucose by half (to 40g in the following example) this solution can be used as an effective hydroponics solution to colonize mycelium on inert substrate or submerged cultures. Saturated substrate that has been colonized is susceptible to fruiting at any open-air interface when exposed to light and/or a reduction in ambient temperature.

Product: 100 g of concentrated Synthetic Nutrient Solution
Concentration: 100 g will produce 8 L of aqueous nutrient solution.
Acidity: 12.5 g of concentrate should produce 1 L of solution with a pH of 5.5
Quality: Does not need to meet reagent purity, food grade is acceptable.
Make Up: Relevance of definition in the order of Formula, Name, then CAS RN:
(Recommended CAS RN may not be the optimum form of substance)

1. Glucose (C6H12O6) [80 g] CAS: [50-99-7]
2. Ammonium Succinate (C4H12N2O4) [8 g] CAS: [2226-88-2]
3. Yeast Extract (Organic Extract) [4 g] CAS: [8013-01-2]
4. Magnesium Sulfate (MgSO4-7H2O) [4 g] CAS: [7487-88-9]
5. Glycine (C2H5NO2) [3 g] CAS: [CAS 56-40-6]
6. Potassium Phosphate (KH2PO4) [800 mg] CAS: [7778-77-0]
7. Thiamine Hydrochloride (C12H17ClN4OS HCl) [24 mg] CAS: [67-03-8]
8. Ferrous Sulfate, Heptahydrate (FeSO4-7H2O) [20 mg] CAS: [7720-78-7]
9. Cupric Sulfate, 5-Hydrate (CuSO4-5H2O) [4 mg] CAS: [7758-98-7]
10. Manganese Chloride, 4-Hydrate (MnCl2-4H2O) [2.8 mg] CAS: [7773-01-5]
11. Zinc Sulfate, Heptahydrate (ZnSO4-7H2O) [2.4 mg] CAS: [7733-02-0]
12. Ammonium Molybdate, 4-Hydrate ((NH4)6Mo7O24-4H2O) [.4 mg] CAS: [12027-67-7]
13. DiHydrogen Oxide (H2O) [146.4 mg - X] CAS: [7732-18-5]
14. Hydrochloric Acid (HCl) [X mg] adjusted to balance solution pH when properly diluted.

Further details, references, and novel apparatus can be found in the thread titled: Enhanced Psilocybin Production

-Zen

InvisibleMicronMagick
old hand

Post deleted by users_request [Re: mycofile]
    #574198 - 03/09/02 12:09 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

OfflineHumboldtHort
Re: Hydroponic Mushrooms [Re: 00Zen]
    #574236 - 03/09/02 01:13 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

Zen, how do you deal with being sterile when using a solution? Do you autoclave the solution? When autoclaving, do you change the chemical composition? Have you tried this out? Why would you want the pH to be at 5.5? Are some of the substances in an unavailable form at a higher pH? I thought the ideal pH range for mycelium was between 6.8-7.2. Anyway, thanks for the post.

--------------------

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: mycofile]
    #574249 - 03/09/02 01:33 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

InvisibleCLuB99
lost somewhere in time and space
Male User Gallery

Loc: my mind
    #574353 - 03/09/02 03:45 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

cool down guys please, this is advanced cultivation not a bitchin forum
keep the thread in topic or i'll close it

OfflineHisStudent
enthusiast

#574372 - 03/09/02 04:11 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

I thought this might be the right thread to share a few ideas I have had pertaining to this subject somewhat.

I was thinking that it might be possible to use some sort of wick to deliver a nutrient solution to colonized fruiting cake. I have seen this done with potted plants where one or more nylon cords (rope) are hung from holes in the bottom of a pot. The pot is set on a block in a larger pot and the cords are left suspended in a nutrient solution or plain water. As the soil dries, water is wicked up from the reservoir constantly replenishing the soil with what it needs. All the plants water and food needs can be met with this type of set up (I have seen it done,works great).

What I am proposing is just a variation on the PF TEK in that a wick would be placed in the PF jar along with the BRF/Verm prior to sterilization. The PF jars would then be allowed to colonize. Upon full colonization the jars would be birthed.
But unlike standard cakes, this cake would be setting on another jar full of whatever solution with its wick dangling in it.

I?m thinking the cord could either be packed loosely thought the entire jar so that it is running though much of the substrate or possibly one large knot could be tied at one end and placed directly in the center of the substrate. The remaining portion of the wick would be coiled up on top of the verm layer. A hole the diameter of the wick (cord) would be made in the lid of the jar and stuffed with polly fill for air exchange during incubation. This hole would be used later to send the wick though. The jars would then be sterilized in whatever manner, inoculated and then left to colonize.

Another jar would be prepared the same way as the first in that you would punch a hole in it the same diameter as your wick and stuffed with polly. This jar would be filled with your solution and sterilized.

Upon full colonization the jars would be birthed in this manner...

In a sterile area (stove, hood, glove box)...
Remove the lid of the jar
Pull out polly
Pull wick though
Place cake back on underside of lid
Remove polly from reservoir jar
Send wick though lid into jar
Place birthed cake on top of reservoir jar.
Tape around the lids where the tops meet

Birth the jars.....

Variations could be...

More than one cord hanging from the bottom of the cake i.e. one or two long cords strung though the cake and the ends hanging from two/four holes punched in the lid.

coco, floral foam, perlite? used instead of verm.

Wicks of various materials such as cotton, 50/50 cotton polyester.
If nylon would hold up during sterilization I think it would be a good choice, as it will not decompose.

This is all hypothetical. I have no experience yet with mushrooms as of yet. I am gathering my materials and hope to start soon. I have never tried this but probably will sooner or latter.

Just a thought.

If nothing it may be a decent way to keep a cake wet with just plain H2O
instead of dunking.

But what the hell do I know.......

--------------------
I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.
- Jack Handey

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: HisStudent]
    #574404 - 03/09/02 04:57 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

Invisible00Zen
Stranger
    #574497 - 03/09/02 07:25 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

Since these are relatively pure compounds working in a sterile environment with autoclaved water should be sufficient. Autoclaving the solution causes a discoloration from golden yellow to dark green; this discoloration seems to subside after cooling. I would assume there's some change in the composition to cause the discoloration, although this has not been fully analyzed. Autoclaved solutions can successfully incubate mycelia; effects on optimal nutrient balance are unknown at this time.

Maximum yields of both psilocybin and mycelium occurred in the acid pH range (4.0-4.6). This may be caused by a greater permeability factor. However, this tends to cause instability in the cellular membranes and leads to cellular rupture by agitation caused during aeration.

-Zen

Ref: Catalfomo, P. and V.E. Tyler, Jr. "The Production of psilocybin in submerged culture of Psilocybe cubensis" LLoydia 27:53-63, 1964

OfflineHisStudent
enthusiast

#575042 - 03/10/02 01:27 PM (22 years, 14 days ago)

In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think that it is important to point out that supplying nutrients to the cake after colonization is completed is not really ideal and the results will be far less than if you were to feed the nutrients to the fungus while in it's vegetation phase
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure you?re probably right about that. I assumed that the mycelium used nutrients in the substrate to produce fruiting bodies similar to the way a plants root system acts but apparently this is not the case. I have so much to learn.

It would seem that not using nutrient solution would surely simplify things a great deal. I think that a jar full of nutrient could be a breading ground for cantams
anyway so maybe it is best left out of the equation.

I guess you would only need one jar instead of two if you were just using water. One could use the jar the cake colonized in as the reservoir jar.

--------------------
I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.
- Jack Handey

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hydroponic Mushrooms [Re: MicronMagick]
    #575969 - 03/11/02 03:11 PM (22 years, 13 days ago)

This should be my last comment here, and is directed mostly at micron.
In reply to:

I mean really Mycofile what do you share? Replace the Vermiculite with Coir? That's been done along time ago at least a year or so.

What are you babling about? I havn't said there was anything new about replacing verm with coir. Unless you are talking about something I said about two years ago.

And what do I share? Are you trying to imply that I'm no help to the community? Look, I've walked more people through this hobby than you've even dreamed of selling shit to. How dare you accuse me of not sharing. Perhaps you feel that selling crap makes you an assett to the community? And guess what, all of my posts have been to try and help as much as I could, not to get a free plug to push my business some more.

I don't care about you guys business. I don't care about your profit/loss. I don't care about your patents. I'm here to help people grow shrooms. What pisses me off is to see somebody give some bullshit, just to plug their business. Mycotek said that he wouldn't divulge the recipe cuz it was useless to anyone else, not because he wanted a patent or anything. Bullshit. Now I don't think I deserve the recipe, I don't even want it. I simply call bullshit when I see it.

I'm not out to hurt anyone's business, cuz I don't give a shit about anyone's business. This board is for experimentation and advanced cultivation, not business.
In reply to:

It's really sad that a few ungreatful, trouble making mambers, like yourself ruin things for the other.

Ungrateful? What exactly should I be grateful for? And what exactly have I ruined for others? You think that if it weren't for people like me, that there would be more information on these boards? Considering all the posts I've made over the years, never once trying to keep a secret to make a buck, I think that's a little ridiculous. In fact, I'd say that it's the people that are trying to make a buck instead of teaching people how to do things better and cheaper themselves who are the troublemakers ruining things for everyone else.

--------------------

OfflineKindnug
Male
    #576019 - 03/11/02 04:20 PM (22 years, 13 days ago)

You talk all this bullshit toward MicronMagik, you say that you don't care about anyone's business. Then why are you trying to win a contest (from a business that also SELLS stuff) by putting some garbage at the bottom of every post of yours? You are bullshit, and a hypocrite too. I personally don't want to build my own shit, my time is actually worth something. That is why I pay someone like Mycotek service and MicronMagik, because this is their job (or one of them). Do you have a job? Or are you a simple drug dealer who is setting up a bunch of cronies to grow shrooms for you? That is kinda what it sounds like. Like you're helping neighborhood kids get into this. Do things better and cheaper myself? No thanks, I'd rather just buy the best. And that obviously is not what you use you cheap bastard!!!

InvisibleJackMehoff
enthusiast

Loc: up your ass
    #576076 - 03/11/02 05:30 PM (22 years, 13 days ago)

--------------------
BULLSHIT

InvisibleSouthernGent
veteran
Re: Hydroponic Mushrooms [Re: JackMehoff]
    #576128 - 03/11/02 06:26 PM (22 years, 13 days ago)

Once again Jack you are very perceptive. And as a side note anyone who reads posts here knows Mycofile knows his shit and knows it well. I for one am thankful for members like him. If it wasnt for that type of member then really what you d have here is a bunch of guys trying to sell pipe dreams to newbies. It would be another STP type deal in my not so humble opinion.

--------------------

OfflineKindnug
Male
    #576135 - 03/11/02 06:41 PM (22 years, 13 days ago)

Jackme off, that is so nice. If I was 16 or 17 I might feel offended. Why don't you say something constructive like your buddy, or are you too ignorant for that? Judging by your nic, you might be

Edited by Kindnug (03/11/02 06:52 PM)

OfflineKindnug
Male
Re: Hydroponic Mushrooms [Re: SouthernGent]
    #576161 - 03/11/02 07:13 PM (22 years, 13 days ago)

Pipe dreams? Man you couldn't be more far off. The pod works exceptionally, and MicronMagik's shit works very well too!!!! What the hell has Mycofile done, besides help some newbies? Answer a question here or there? I'm glad that he has been able to help you, that is one way a forum can be useful. It can also be used to spread information, say about new technology (like in Advanced Cultivation). It shouldn't matter that you might have to buy the product, that is how progress and technology is fueled. With all of this negativism toward progress and new technology (yes you might have to buy it), It's no wonder that the majority of you are still using cardboard boxes and Rubbermaid containers as your growspace. Believe me, if this guy could have kept something a secret to make some money he would have, hell everyone would have. I never said that he didn't know how to grow shrooms well, I was simply saying that the guy is a hypocrite and he seems to have no idea of the concept of a "business" or "capitalism". But believe me if he has helped you out a lot than I give him kudos for that, I'm just trying to get through some of these people's skulls that businesses need to make money selling things to keep the innovation going. It is not wrong for them to tell us what they are working on without giving a complete recipe, because they are the ones who are driving the innovation. It's not Mycofile or all of the countless others who have mastered the old ways to grow. I mean, people think they are so smart because they have the knowledge to grow mushrooms. It's not that hard guys, and you aren't as smart as you think. Innovation, Mycotek service and MicronMagik have been at the forefront recently with real tangible products, these guys are the ones who know a lot about shrooms. They are the one's who innovate. Without them the last major breakthrough would still be the PF Tek, and isn't that going on a decade or so old?

InvisibleMicronMagick
old hand

Post deleted by users_request [Re: mycofile]
    #576188 - 03/11/02 07:40 PM (22 years, 13 days ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hydroponic Mushrooms [Re: MicronMagick]
    #576798 - 03/12/02 11:16 AM (22 years, 12 days ago)

hehehe

--------------------

Offlineroykinn
enthusiast

#577208 - 03/12/02 05:58 PM (22 years, 12 days ago)

I've followed Kindnug's post's closely, both here and at the Hydra-pod message boards, and believe me when I say he's not a puppet, of McMan (myco-tek) or anyone else... Just look over some of his posts on the hydra-pod boards if you're uncertain.... I don't want to get into this little war, but thought I'd clear that issue up-

peace out-

roy

--------------------
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline- It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nunclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: roykinn]
    #577279 - 03/12/02 07:15 PM (22 years, 12 days ago)

Offlineshroomwant
Stranger
Re: Hydroponic Mushrooms
    #577284 - 03/12/02 07:20 PM (22 years, 12 days ago)

LISTEN UP EVERYONE, i have an idea on the hydro pod etc. So someone who in more educated on this field please see if this will work. I have two ideas. 1,First, the hydro pod is a great product, now using can you extend the life of the cake by maybe putting say 5 little pipe spikes in the platform. You would have the nutrients shrooms want or need in a resivoir right, then when u have your cakes you press them onto the spike so the spike goes in the middle of the cake. then all you do is find a way to regulate the flow or supply of nutes to the cake. but it will be a cake that refills with nutes and /or water from the inside out! now thats not a bad idea right? please help. i maybe want to see if i can create it. ok number 2.. the hydro pod is great and all but it is for cakes only right? so is there maybe a HYDRO CASER POD. which would be the same thing basically yet it would have say a rectangular surface. so the casing and the enviroment would be perfect. you can have a sweet air supply going into it so you wouldnt need to fan it. OK ARE THESE LOGICAL OR I AM I wrong.? please help..

InvisibleJackMehoff
enthusiast

Loc: up your ass
    #577292 - 03/12/02 07:30 PM (22 years, 12 days ago)

Thank you jebus :smile: 

--------------------
BULLSHIT

OfflineHumboldtHort
Re: Hydroponic Mushrooms [Re: shroomwant]
    #577301 - 03/12/02 07:45 PM (22 years, 12 days ago)

Why not make the cake with a couple of dripline veins embedded in it? Some small diameter tubing with some kind of drip setup inside the cake might do the trick. When it's fully colonized, hook it to something to deliver water. Maybe something like a water pick without the high velocity water. I haven't done any experimenting though.

--------------------

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #577304 - 03/12/02 07:47 PM (22 years, 12 days ago)

It is nice to see that intelligent, thought out discussion of mushrooms and new ideas does in fact occur once in a while here at the Shroomery.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Offlinemaxo
Stranger
Re: Hydroponic Mushrooms [Re: Ped]
    #581562 - 03/17/02 05:15 PM (22 years, 7 days ago)

Mycotek Service: In my opinion you aren't open enough to business opportunity as far as your revolutionary new super nutrient solution goes. First off, you do not consider the hundreds of people out there that already have a customary system set up and have been using that succesfully for a long time. These are potential customers of yours after all. But no, you have to go the whole nine yards and sell your pod with it, I simply believe that people won't give a shit for that elaborate and expensive setup, not to mention the guerrilla growers among us that simply can't store a hydropod in their house.
I urge you to think the promoting part of your new venture over and consider simply selling the nutrient by itself, no matter how expensive. After all Bluethumb offers a nice alternative parallel to your product. They sell an additive based on protein as well and did this before you came out with yours. Let us know, I am sure everybody digs your scientific efforts and you project a messiah of the new hydro era. Don't be afraid to run a trial on the distribution of the sole product. Please.
Lets voice ourselfs in the Poll forum. Perhaps this may aid as a sort of Market analysis...

Edited by maxo (03/17/02 05:25 PM)

OfflineKindnug
Male
Re: Hydroponic Mushrooms [Re: maxo]
    #581715 - 03/17/02 08:46 PM (22 years, 6 days ago)

I agree completely maxo, there are simply not enough pod owners out there to warrant only selling it as a system only if you have a pod. To sell it as a sterilized compete substrate for use with the pod only for a year or so just to make sure all is well and that it truly is an improvement is one thing; but it makes no sense business wise to keep that your long term goal. It is a typical practice though to do small scale (sometimes consumers, sometimes somewhere in between) testing though highly limited channels of distribution and by controlled means (why you probably won't see the nutrient by itself for quite a while), and is a good one because he can get very good fast feedback through the private forum he runs (I guess he has given away some pods on here to key people and gotten back only "It works" as feedback). The other reason why he'll eventually start selling the nutrient alone besides to make a bunch of money? Because it may be the only way to get a patent, I'm really not an expert but I think he will have much more success in getting a patent for a specific nutrient chain rather than for a substrate (which has been used before, at least the base material coco has). And it will be much easier for him to turn out a bunch of that too, if the stuff eventually catches on he could be easily overwhelmed in making the substrate by hand. Not so with the nutrient. But I must say it would also be quite stupid for him to sell the nutrient by itself too soon and to anyone who wants it. It needs to be controlled now, I think he would definitely agree that it is custom designed for practically only 1 enviornment (the pod), and only 1 medium for cake material. I don't care if you all know that it could probably work somewhere else and in someone elses system, because most of the rest of us know that too. If it consistently works as good as is seen in this post and fruits better than BRF cakes too then it is just a matter of time before he wants to increase that market size (would probably double) and sell it as a nutrient to everyone. Everyone here should understand though that if he did sell it in nutrient form right now (especially with the patent still pending) people would be fucking with it and using it for things it was never designed for, probably giving it a bad name in the process. Anyways I expressed these same opinions to him personally (as well as an idea to give away 2 or 4 jar sterilized samples in bags to people on here who could come up with a use, hell you could even just give away 2 or 4 every now and then in contests), so I hope that he may by summer get some to people other than pod users. Hopefully my opinions are not taken offensively mycotek service; I hope this coconut strate is the shit and catches on quickly so that you can get back to researching other projects. Just trying to help, it's all I can do as a lowly business and economics TA. Peace out and happy shroomin!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order