Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
"Air-dried" Amanita Muscaria var. formosa?
    #4704786 -

Hi, all... these were spotted near Lake Ontario, generally. I believe that they are Amanita Muscaria, var. formosa. They fruited when the rains (3") from Katrina passed through the area. They have been drying on the stalk for five days in 70 to 80 degree temps.

I'm pretty sure they're formosa, but they're a bit different in appearance from what I fondly recall in the Northwest US. I believe the original color was definately a yellow-orange. Any comments or insights are welcome. Also, I doubt if they're panthers, which are extremely rare in the east.

Anyone know of any poision look-a-likes for these?

Peace.








Edited by BobHumboldt (10/05/06 10:50 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Air-dried" Upstate NY Amanita Muscaria var. formosa? [Re: BobHumboldt]
    #4704884 -

Hmmm.. From my experience I've found pantherinas to be much darker, but I'm definitely no expert at amanitas.

The fluting on that last specimen is very cool.  :thumbup:


--------------------
Ph.dizzle

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Amanita Muscaria var. formosa, versus Amanita Frostiana Darcho 8,318 8 07/28/04 11:53 AM
by thearmedforces
* Amanita muscaria var. formosa mr_minds_eye 2,628 8 08/01/03 11:42 AM
by canid
* Amanita muscaria var. formosa, WOW!
( 1 2 3 all )
EffedS 9,952 46 09/25/17 07:43 AM
by Spivkurl
* Amanita muscaria var. formosa EffedS 3,324 13 06/16/03 10:30 PM
by MagmaManiac
* Amanita muscaria var. formosa Cannabis 874 1 09/16/01 11:10 PM
by Anonymous
* Amanita muscaria Var. formosa(PIC) Lizard King 2,339 12 09/17/01 11:31 PM
by Levi7
* Aminita Muscaria var. formosa? hippyhacker 1,312 6 08/12/03 09:48 AM
by ToxicMan
* Amanita muscaria var. formusa OJ 1,485 3 10/09/02 09:46 AM
by viscid

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,066 topic views. 3 members, 24 guests and 62 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.